Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

How many MDs do you put in your Vees?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Leikeze Sep 26 2020, 23:43 PM
Mainly a question to Semis because I always see them using Vees with one or no MDs inside, which is not a very good idea, especially in USA mirrors.

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2-M00NKN1GHT^ Sep 26 2020, 23:45 PM
3-5

Clan: Legends at War

Game: None

+
# 3Leikeze Sep 26 2020, 23:46 PM
QUOTE(-Wraith @ Sep 26 2020, 18:45 PM) *

3-5

Do you ever use them empty in a USA mirror?

+
# 4BoNeS l CRuSHeR^ Sep 27 2020, 00:07 AM
i think it depends on what army u facing
vs GLA i care about vee count more than MDs so if i have 5 vees u will see only 1 has 4 MDs and the rest with 1-2-3 sometimes empty
vs China i have less vees but full with MDs
vs USA i don't usually get to the point of having too many vees i just send 1 or 2 vees each side and middle with 2 MDs 3 max
trying to kill some chinooks or out micro my opponents vees with MD laser lock

+
# 5-M00NKN1GHT^ Sep 27 2020, 00:26 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Sep 26 2020, 23:46 PM) *

Do you ever use them empty in a USA mirror?

Well if it's too laggy to micro and I have quite abit of cash I spam towvees tongue.gif

Clan: Legends at War

Game: None

+
# 6Nick_Pine Sep 27 2020, 04:26 AM
Agree with Crusher. That really depends on the situation.

Against GLA you have to counter the quantity of techs by the same, or better by the larger amount of vees. In case of putting 4-5 MDs in the less number of vees, your enemy will just overspam you with techs and your army would end up anyways.

As for USA China MUs, before ECMs you don't need to spam that much vees and only micro the ones you are already have.

Not so simple to predict, what you are going to prepare in USA mirrors. Every single unit there is important and able to impact on the full game. Once you get the TOW missile upgrade, empty vees would be useful as well, just send them lonely from time to time to harass the chinoocs, and in open vees vs vees battle wins that guy, who is microing well or/and has search and destroy activated. Consequently, in USA mirrors number of MDs can be any, but of course, the more - the better.

This post has been edited by -Surgeon-: Sep 27 2020, 04:29 AM

+
# 7-FreeStyLeR- Sep 27 2020, 06:00 AM
QUOTE(BoNeS l CRuSHeR^ @ Sep 27 2020, 00:07 AM) *

vs GLA i care about vee count more than MDs so if i have 5 vees u will see only 2 has 4 MDs and the rest with 1-2-3 sometimes empty
vs USA i don't usually get to the point of having too many vees i just send 1 or 2 vees each side and middle with 2 MDs 3 max

fixed smile.gif

Clan: -HuGe|

+
# 8`Legionnaire Sep 27 2020, 06:16 AM
6 when possible... 5 otherwise...

+
# 9DraGaN^ Sep 27 2020, 08:49 AM
QUOTE(BoNeS l CRuSHeR^ @ Sep 27 2020, 01:07 AM) *

vs GLA i care about vee count more than MDs so if i have 5 vees u will see only 1 has 4 MDs and the rest with 1-2-3 sometimes empty

+1 i would only add i don't use mds in vees against china's gats, i love to micro empty vee and protect my chinooks.

+
# 10Leikeze Sep 27 2020, 09:37 AM
Come on guys, it isn't rocket science.
QUOTE(-FreeStyLeR- @ Sep 27 2020, 01:00 AM) *

fixed smile.gif

This.

QUOTE(`Legionnaire @ Sep 27 2020, 01:16 AM) *

6 when possible... 5 otherwise...

And this.

Any fewer is a waste. The MU doesn't matter, Full Vee > Empty Vee every time; starting out with them empty against China/GLA or in 6 player doesn't mean you shouldn't start filling for the micro super crusher.

+
# 11fastAiR Sep 27 2020, 13:38 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Sep 27 2020, 09:37 AM) *

Come on guys, it isn't rocket science.

This.
And this.

Any fewer is a waste. The MU doesn't matter, Full Vee > Empty Vee every time; starting out with them empty against China/GLA or in 6 player doesn't mean you shouldn't start filling for the micro super crusher.

depends timing tho, sometimes you need to attack or defend and just dont have enough mds and you send all vee's.
I rarely put 5 in, im bad at producing MDs tbh

+
# 12-ExiLe` Sep 27 2020, 13:49 PM
Situational like bones crusher said.

eg vs infantry (or inf spamming china) it's a waste of money filling up vees, just need enough mds to crack outposts, the rest should be invested in vees and ambus.

(hell) towvees in numbers is a nightmare for china in general, even for tank sometimes. When china has migs it's a total waste getting mds, strat center or avengers (unless you're laser). Proper towvee spam beats china any day, china has no counter.

Nuke is an exception, but you can just kill him with full 2 vees and ambu if you push quick enough and pick the right targets.

This post has been edited by -ExiLe`: Sep 27 2020, 13:53 PM

+
# 13Metti Sep 27 2020, 13:56 PM
spam empty vees vs demo bikes.

+
# 14-ExiLe` Sep 27 2020, 13:58 PM
QUOTE(Metti @ Sep 27 2020, 14:56 PM) *

spam empty vees vs demo bikes.

ez

+
# 15HaWkY^ Sep 27 2020, 15:07 PM
I put my vees in my MDs.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 16Leikeze Sep 27 2020, 17:22 PM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Sep 27 2020, 08:49 AM) *

Situational like bones crusher said.

eg vs infantry (or inf spamming china) it's a waste of money filling up vees, just need enough mds to crack outposts, the rest should be invested in vees and ambus.

(hell) towvees in numbers is a nightmare for china in general, even for tank sometimes. When china has migs it's a total waste getting mds, strat center or avengers (unless you're laser). Proper towvee spam beats china any day, china has no counter.

Nuke is an exception, but you can just kill him with full 2 vees and ambu if you push quick enough and pick the right targets.

Nonsense, always fill the Vees when you can.

+
# 17-ExiLe` Sep 27 2020, 17:26 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Sep 27 2020, 18:22 PM) *

Nonsense, always fill the Vees when you can.

Stop trolling Ezekiel lol

+
# 18Leikeze Sep 27 2020, 17:29 PM
I'm just trying to campaign for the Semis to stop losing Vees because they don't load them up before using them with their curious micro.

Don't throw a monkeywrench in there by explaining that there are prerequisites!

+
# 19Nick_Pine Sep 28 2020, 01:53 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Sep 27 2020, 22:29 PM) *

I'm just trying to campaign for the Semis to stop losing Vees because they don't load them up before using them with their curious micro.

Don't throw a monkeywrench in there by explaining that there are prerequisites!

No offence, Ezekiel, but this is not the best idea at all. I mentioned one weird tendency from semi players among the Russian community: they are sending the vee with 5 MDs to the GLA's base in the beginning of the game. In most cases they are ending up losing it, even evacuation won't save all the MDs, at least on or two will be burnt in the vee(considering the micro as you noticed).

All this micro nonsense should be discussed on a bit higher skill level in my opinion.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)