Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

How to get more money

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1angelsdavid Sep 23 2020, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know how to get more funds for KW? The top amount to select is 40,000 and by the time I get my base all set up that is pretty much gone. When playing on higher levels I am getting destroyed because I can't even get my base finished. Thanks

+
# 2Claymore92 Sep 23 2020, 08:39 AM
You should not play with starting credits above 10000. Any more than 10000 credits at start lowers your skill ceiling significantly.

+
# 3angelsdavid Sep 23 2020, 10:40 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Sep 23 2020, 08:39 AM) *

You should not play with starting credits above 10000. Any more than 10000 credits at start lowers your skill ceiling significantly.

Ohhh, thank you Claymore, but, that doesn't even come close to answering my question!

+
# 4cwedvin Sep 23 2020, 12:40 PM
1 it kind of does answer

2 custom maps can have preset cash.

Indeed playing with 40k etc. can lower one's skill ceiling significantly.

But if you ever need practice, then try and find someone around your skill level, and then play on 10k, and help each other improve smile.gif

Clan: Cant win

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 5angelsdavid Sep 23 2020, 15:45 PM
QUOTE(cwedvin @ Sep 23 2020, 12:40 PM) *

1 it kind of does answer

2 custom maps can have preset cash.

Indeed playing with 40k etc. can lower one's skill ceiling significantly.

But if you ever need practice, then try and find someone around your skill level, and then play on 10k, and help each other improve smile.gif

I don't have any custom maps... yet. That's a whole other issue, I have to find them and then learn to load them into the game and all of that.

I don't see where skill comes into building the base in the beginning. You click the button to put up your power generator, you click to add a tiberium platform, you click to add your tank factory, your airport, and your weapons, etc. There is no skill in that, but just running out of money by the time the base is completed is the problem. Then you are left with nothing to actually build your tanks and aircraft, anti-air and all of that good stuff. So sitting there waiting for them to collect enough tiberium to maaaybe build a bomber or two, or maybe at least a couple hammer heads to at least go out into the field and fend off the onslaught of Juggernauts before the base is entirely destroyed. But, they always have it pretty much demolished before there is enough funds replenished to even build a few units. This is why i was actually asking if there is a way to increase funds.

+
# 6cwedvin Sep 24 2020, 10:32 AM
QUOTE(angelsdavid @ Sep 23 2020, 15:45 PM) *

I don't have any custom maps... yet. That's a whole other issue, I have to find them and then learn to load them into the game and all of that.

I don't see where skill comes into building the base in the beginning. You click the button to put up your power generator, you click to add a tiberium platform, you click to add your tank factory, your airport, and your weapons, etc. There is no skill in that, but just running out of money by the time the base is completed is the problem. Then you are left with nothing to actually build your tanks and aircraft, anti-air and all of that good stuff. So sitting there waiting for them to collect enough tiberium to maaaybe build a bomber or two, or maybe at least a couple hammer heads to at least go out into the field and fend off the onslaught of Juggernauts before the base is entirely destroyed. But, they always have it pretty much demolished before there is enough funds replenished to even build a few units. This is why i was actually asking if there is a way to increase funds.

That is the thing.
Micro and macro.

Early on you want to be pressing (standard build order as far as i know)

E F1
then
E F3 AND R F1

E F2 AND R F1 AGAIN WHILE USING T F1 / F2 /F4 to get infantry
E F4 followed up with Y F(whatever the harvesters are at)
Then F2 again
AND F1 for last power then you either go t2 or expand.

then you will have 5 harvesters 2 refs 1 war factory 1 infantry 2 sold off turrets and 2 power plants

Then you can be getting troops and expand and so on.

Basically there is a skill in being quick about getting your stuff out quickly and scout all the while building, not losing scouts, and also making an army.

Ill give you a example.

Tournament rift (the one i just remembered) Ill go as gdi lets say. I then get power, go for infantry and a turret. sell the turret start the production of a new turret and a refinery after deploying the barracks, then i get a few infantry scouts 1-2-3 and i start scouting the map, i then get my self 3 enginers since i want 3 tip spikes and i play risky. but since i am scouting i see the enemy is scrin so i can protect my self. i keep getting my self a warfactory and i get my self a apc or a pitbull to do some more scouting, while following up with 3 harvestors and another refinery, then i get my self a power plant all the while i have gotten 3 tip spikes and alot of scouting.

Regarding custom maps if you are in the c&c online discord i can show you live smile.gif

This post has been edited by cwedvin: Sep 24 2020, 10:40 AM

+
# 7ToxicShock Sep 24 2020, 10:39 AM
Try building two refineries at the start and then (once the harvester is out) consider selling one.

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 8cwedvin Sep 24 2020, 10:40 AM
QUOTE(ToxicShock @ Sep 24 2020, 10:39 AM) *

Try building two refineries at the start and then (once the harvester is out) consider selling one.

That works on TW (one map) other than that I am not sure how efficient that is.

+
# 9ToxicShock Sep 24 2020, 17:28 PM
It may not work as well in KW, indeed but I still think it can work. The best thing to do is to look at the Expert Replays in the Replay System and see what they do.

https://www.gamereplays.org/kaneswrath/repl...=expert_replays

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 10A.Productions YT Sep 25 2020, 10:17 AM
^^ true dat.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 11angelsdavid Sep 25 2020, 13:48 PM
Well that all sounds reasonable, what you all have posted and shown. I am not on a competitive level here, I only enjoy it and just sit down to play a match or two against the computer. I see there are varied play styles for sure. I guess you would have to call me a defensive player. I like to build my base and survive the onslaught, even letting them wear their own resources down to a point where I can move in and just take em down. So maybe you can see with this style of gameplay, I do get frustrated that I can just get my base done but then have nothing left over for equipment, planes, etc.

Thanks for the comments though

+
# 12A.Productions YT Sep 25 2020, 15:42 PM
So you're a compstomp player? Then may I recommend...

ItzTeeJaay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA7RMoVBggI

MaD_Animal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goeS3x_Or3Q

They should help you.

+
# 13cwedvin Sep 25 2020, 17:22 PM
If you are a turtle player then PVP is not the thing for you.

If you want to win then you will have to break away from the turtle playstyle.

but 10k is more than enough for that

Here is a tip for gdi

Power
(infantry if tib spike)
Ref
warfactory 1 harvestor
2 ref
command post
3 shatteres
then 2 more harvesotrs (and upgrade first power plant)

3 shatteres can hold quite well for quite some time in a compstomp
but dont delay to long you will have to get somthing more at some point.

+
# 14OneVISION. Sep 26 2020, 11:43 AM
you need 1 ref 3 harvs minimum on a field to get money going up consistently than 2 refs and 5 harvs to have a stable eco.
Rinse and repeat onto another field if its safe to do so

+
# 15Thanatos Sep 26 2020, 12:42 PM
just get more money lol

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)