Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

I wanna get back into this game plz help im retarded

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Turbo` Jun 6 2021, 09:38 AM
Hey guys first of all, this is my favorite game of all time.

I have been on a bfme break for about 10 years I'd say and have been trying to find the motivation to play again a bunch of times, but I have access to a brand new pc now and feel like I'm at least sort of ready to play again. Some of my best memories are playing this game and the day ea shut down the servers was a dark day for me. I only played this game seriously for a few years, but this game will always stick out to me from all games I've ever played. I hope to play and talk to Luxus, nathan, Otto, sib3l, Andy, desk, stormi, thegeneral, coopie, deth, raziel, minorca, clever, pitch, serenade, valheru, nadedawg, knallhexe, random, faby88 and god knows who I forgot but if you say hi I will remember you. Also jb of course.

I see there's a ladder now where u can play with the community patch and clanwars is still going. This is a game I fell in love with as a kid but it's the players I hope to meet and play again that make me motivated to post this.

Btw towards the end of my playing days I legitimately thought noone is better than me and I wanna get destroyed for the audacity to ever having lived in that fantasy world.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2DeeZ Daryl Jun 6 2021, 09:55 AM
If this is a cry for help on how to install the game, check this
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...owtopic=1000437
Notes:
- no need to use Daemon Tools, Windows 10 has a built-in mounting service (else, use WinCDEmu)
- no need to do step 5 (the mini images)
- Basically comes down to: mount the .iso file, install the game through it --> start the game once (it wont work, but the bfme2 files folder under AppData will appear) --> put the Options.ini file there --> install patch switcher, click 1.09v2, click 'Fix my resolution', and done

+
# 3Turbo` Jun 6 2021, 09:59 AM
Thank you smile.gif

+
# 4P0rNKinGs` Jun 6 2021, 10:24 AM
QUOTE(Turbo` @ Jun 6 2021, 09:38 AM) *

Hey guys first of all, this is my favorite game of all time.

I have been on a bfme break for about 10 years I'd say and have been trying to find the motivation to play again a bunch of times, but I have access to a brand new pc now and feel like I'm at least sort of ready to play again. Some of my best memories are playing this game and the day ea shut down the servers was a dark day for me. I only played this game seriously for a few years, but this game will always stick out to me from all games I've ever played. I hope to play and talk to Luxus, nathan, Otto, sib3l, Andy, desk, stormi, thegeneral, coopie, deth, raziel, minorca, clever, pitch, serenade, valheru, nadedawg, knallhexe, random, faby88 and god knows who I forgot but if you say hi I will remember you. Also jb of course.

I see there's a ladder now where u can play with the community patch and clanwars is still going. This is a game I fell in love with as a kid but it's the players I hope to meet and play again that make me motivated to post this.

Btw towards the end of my playing days I legitimately thought noone is better than me and I wanna get destroyed for the audacity to ever having lived in that fantasy world.

you can find like a good half of the players you named from time to time.

And it's true that you left being the best but today you wouldnt even be on top 10 biggrin.gif

+
# 5Turbo` Jun 6 2021, 10:25 AM
I was like 16 so today I wouldn't even be top 100 because I'm old

This post has been edited by Turbo`: Jun 6 2021, 10:30 AM

+
# 6P0rNKinGs` Jun 6 2021, 10:28 AM
QUOTE(Turbo` @ Jun 6 2021, 10:25 AM) *

Well bro I was on cocaine the whole time and I was like 16 so today I wouldn't even be top 100

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by P0rNKinGs`: Jun 6 2021, 10:43 AM

+
# 7Clever Jun 7 2021, 17:40 PM
IPB Image

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 8Turbo` Jun 7 2021, 18:29 PM
Lol

+
# 9Maru Jun 9 2021, 15:47 PM
QUOTE(Clever @ Jun 7 2021, 18:40 PM) *

IPB Image

Seconded.

Good luck with the games, although I no longer have access to the game, I moved abroad in February, I did enjoy my final ever clanwars in January and while not as nostalgic as the good old days, it was certainly very fun.

Look forward to tracking your results, CW is running this month.

Clan: New Generation

+
# 10Turbo` Jun 13 2021, 18:34 PM
I am preparing to play again for next month hope cw is running then but I saw there is a 1v1 ladder, is that any good? I even liked the official 1.06 patch ladder back then it's just that the patch sucked. Thanks for s1b3l for providing me with a host acc back then so I could play myself into the top 5 smile.gif is he still playing? I'm really happy to see so many names from back still being active.

+
# 11Maru Jun 14 2021, 00:13 AM
How did one get themselves a host account? Does this mean in the official ladder you always got host? How does it work lol.

+
# 12Turbo` Jun 14 2021, 14:36 PM
Idk how it worked exactly but every new ID you created back then had a certain % of time it was host during ladder games, I think you could create around 50 per CD key iirc. If you created enough accounts and tested them how often you are host you could get accounts that would pretty much always be host unless you played vs other tryhards or just some lucky dudes who got a host acc by chance. S1b3l let me use his D34tH^G0D account back then to ladder and I reached either rank 1, 2 or 3 with it although in my memory it was rank 1. This was while I was mostly a clanwars.cc player and I mostly played 1.06 back then to prove that cw.cc players were the superior players to feed my ego. I played Elves (no eagle lame) and I remember most of the other high ranked players were Dwarves, Men of the west or Isengard to a smaller extent (there were more dwarves but tbh I had more respect for dwarf pickers than these fucking motw players) , I still have PTSD to this day from Mithandrir running around with 3 heroes killing entire armies. I remember he got into cw.cc right before I quit bfme2 for good and he fucking beat me with this Motw hero tactic in patch 2,6? I think while I was throwing armies at him on 1000cp the while he was sitting on 1 farm 1 rax and boro/ara/gandalf the whole time. At the end I wast even mad when he killed like what must have been thousands of my units with the heroes and he won. I honestly think this game was one of the reasons I quit this game for good, because back then I thought wtf I lost on my main patch to a 1.06 hero lamer and that probably means I suck. Before I quit I thought the only people who could take 1v1 games from me were the cw.cc legends but I was just a deluded teen and from my perspective right now 1.06 also had some great players. Serenade, Mith, Menji among others. The patch did suck though compared to bt2dc back then I gotta say.

+
# 13AoWLuXus Jun 14 2021, 16:54 PM
No you are not deluded, these 1.6 players really sucked hard. I liked some of them but most where really retarded xD Only way to lose to hero lame is to be overconfident. Thats the downfall of good players to bad players (in ur case Mith) biggrin.gif holy shit he was horrible

+
# 14Turbo` Jun 14 2021, 19:26 PM
Well I beat mith most of the time but i didnt play him often. But that 1 game i remember elves vs men on clanwars i couldnt believe how many units he would defend with 3 heroes. I think I continued throwing units at him for 20 mins even though I knew I was gonna lose and I bet he fucking masturbated everytime he used a gandalf spell on my units. I dont think he was bad though he was good player but he has the most annoying playstyle ever and i remember talking to him about hotkeys and he told me he didnt even hotkey his fucking production buildings. My mind was blown after I heard him say that.

+
# 15Maru Jun 14 2021, 23:33 PM
laugh.gif

Great posts, enjoyed reading.

+
# 16Turbo` Jun 15 2021, 01:34 AM
Tell me about that general, whyd u enjoy reading that so much. Did mith also crush ur dreams once by defeating 30 armies of u with 2-3 heroes in a 3 h game while he's cashfloating 2k on 1 farm and occasionally builds a rax to trick u into thinking he produces soldiers of gondor. Mith starts with 1 farm 1 rax and rushes boromir without even building 1 bat of Sog to throw u off. That guy was a magician with knowing with what kind of economical greed he could get away with and with next level mind games. I disagree with the people who say he was bad I sincerely believe that guy was so good he reached a level where he would give himself challenges to beat people in creative ways to prove to himself that he is in fact the best. I blame my late teenage depression on 1 specific game against mith where he started archery range into gondor archers and then creeped the whole map elves style and rushed Ara before even building Ara (mith started this strategy as motw and then elven players started to copy it). I asked him once why not do that with elves because lorien archers are stronger and he told me the reason was EA patched Gandalf out of the elven race and gave them to motw (that was before most of us even touched bfme2) and he mains the race that has Gandalf because he reminds him of himself. Miths winrate on the official EA ladder was 99,999% and many of his opponents he ran into who knew it was him rage quitted right at the start. That's actually how he was able to hold rank 1 for so long playing the underpowered motw faction, he studied the times where the opponents that would ragequit against him no matter what he would run into on the ladder were most active and based his life around queueing as many games as possible during those times. Unfortunately the time where he would get most points from rage quitters was the time right after school ended for me and I would go home to play some bfme2 ladder games. There was a period of time where if I played vs random I started scouting the faction of my opponent right at the start with one of the starting builders before building rax or a rb just to confirm whether it was mith on a smurf playing random. If I didn't see a single SoG bat produced after multiple minutes even though there was clearly a rax I quit right away because I knew it was mith on a smurf saving up for boromir or straight Ara if he was feeling quirky that day. Doing this actually increased my ladder rating because by saving the time of the 3-5h game im inevitably gonna lose anyway in a soul crushing way I'd rather just win 15-30 games in a row VS other random opponents to gain my points back. Sometimes after such a loss I picked dwarves like everyone else and just warrior rushed for easy quick wins. It also prevented me from tilting as much to just quit and reset. loved bfme2 back then as we all did and still do but the fact that this guy could beat me with just heroes was too much too handle. I felt violated but impressed every time that final aragorn blow destroyed my fort and I had no idea how to stop him. I spammed elven units out of 7 rax plus had all the relevant elven heroes to fight off his trio but they all ended up at lvl 10 eventually and one level 3 farm survived until late game and I was fucking done for. I shiver when I think about playing mith to this day. One thing that I can say with confidence is that I could stop myself from dodging him when he finally stepped over to our beloved cw.cc even though I was terrified of playing and possibly losing to him on bt2dc patch. I could endure losing to him on patch 1. 06 and losing ladder points but when pretty much the same thing happened in bt2dc patch I became almost suicidal. Everytime I lost a game to mith I stopped going on the forums for a few days sometimes weeks because I knew he would try to provoke in some way and that would increase his chances of winning the next game considerably as he knew I was prone to tilt. I know it would have been better to just dodge him to avoid tilting and just playing vs the other players but my heart just couldn't say no to challenging him to a game on my preferred patch. I believe if I would have never challenged him to a game first I would have never had to play him anyway because he never asked me for a game to I assume protect my fragile ego, but the curiousity of whether I could beat mith on the cw.cc patch got the best of me. R32P3CT for that guy till this day.

+
# 17SeñorEcthelion Jun 15 2021, 02:30 AM
hi longsexypost

+
# 18Turbo` Jun 15 2021, 02:32 AM
I hope that 1 day mith will read this and laugh about it, come on Luxus the guy was a great player give him some credit smile.gif

+
# 19AoWLuXus Jun 15 2021, 07:31 AM
To be honest i cant remember him giving me any problem at any game i played him biggrin.gif and i only played him in 1.6 on ladder. Well to be fair i always hardcountered him with fast upgrades becuase i knew what was coming hahaha

+
# 20Turbo` Jun 15 2021, 09:30 AM
fast upgrades with what section?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)