Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

I will pay $ to have a unique map made for Kane...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1warspock Feb 12 2019, 19:29 PM
I will pay fifty dollars to have a large scale map made for Kane's Wrath by an experienced maker whose name I recognize from other maps I have played. It will feature a tower defense theme with cannons, built in AA batteries and the defense's extra weapon, a suppression field. Contact me here for details about my vision OR ADD TO THE IDEA IF YOU WISH. YOUR COMMENTS WELCOME. I will send info through messenger, snail mail or email as you prefer. I will pay through pay pal or snail mail.
Warspock

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 2Derek Feb 13 2019, 09:34 AM
This is the wrong section to post this. You won't find anyone who plays Kane's Wrath here.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Leikeze Feb 13 2019, 21:49 PM
Moved to KW General Discussion.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: Graphics

+
# 4Zypherbullet Feb 13 2019, 23:08 PM
My name ring any bells?

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5eXs.bLoOd Feb 14 2019, 09:52 AM
"20 Tibspikes"

one more trashmap.
Zypher take the Money. biggrin.gif

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 6-Photonics- Feb 14 2019, 19:44 PM
You should ask this to erl115 or kkmanman4 (I have send your link to kkmanman already but i can't contact erl115)
Both made a lot of custom maps (including TD) but i dont know if they're still active on KW (well if you pay them maybe they will smile.gif )

+
# 7Masazumi Feb 15 2019, 08:40 AM
Also I feel it would better suit your case to take this plan to a digital medium like Paint.Net or PaintToolSai and make a more detailed, digital image of your vision; and you can incorporate text in places you feel you need to describe something out and best of all, no limitations on image size.

+
# 8warspock Feb 15 2019, 15:40 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Feb 13 2019, 23:08 PM) *

My name ring any bells?

+
# 9Whitey Feb 15 2019, 20:07 PM
OMEGALOL

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 10Thanatos Feb 15 2019, 23:31 PM
what the

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 11lixocey Feb 18 2019, 17:27 PM
Ok, I may do the job. But, you know that a big map like your Idea will lag VERY much? tongue.gif Big maps always lag in KW (online multiplayer).

I am erlNite - the creator of this pack:
https://youtu.be/L8TqV8-IQ50

This post has been edited by lixocey: Feb 26 2019, 11:46 AM

+
# 12Claymore92 Feb 18 2019, 22:30 PM
QUOTE(lixocey @ Feb 18 2019, 17:27 PM) *

OK, I can do the job. But, you know that a big map like your Idea will lag VERY much? tongue.gif Big maps always lag in KW.

Even if you compile them? I know KW does not load compiled content by default, but there are workarounds; example 1.02+ map packs.

+
# 13lixocey Feb 19 2019, 10:01 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Feb 18 2019, 22:30 PM) *

Even if you compile them? I know KW does not load compiled content by default, but there are workarounds; example 1.02+ map packs.

I have never done 1.02+ maps, because people would need to download 3rd party mods and install them separately. So I have always kept to the original version of the game so that everyone can download the map in-game working for both 1.02 and 1.02+ users. So I do not have much experience with compiled maps.

Ofc the 1.02+ maps are much more optimized, but you would always need a good internet connection to all the players, if one player has a very bad connection, it will lag, even if playing a compiled map. Thats my experience.

This post has been edited by lixocey: Feb 26 2019, 11:48 AM

+
# 14cnc315d34d Feb 26 2019, 10:15 AM
compiled maps need to be promoted - everyone should embrace them, and efforts should be made by map creators to actively promote them amongst the online community

its obviously a huge pity that the game does not allow transfer of compiled maps - that was such a shitty oversight by EA that's continuing to hurt the variety of community-made content in this game today (in 2019), but then again... why dwell on mistakes made 11 years ago and say 'oh well, lets stick to the shit we have'

why stick to mediocrity, especially if you HAVE the power to do more?

there are alternative ways to promote compiled maps today, so let's actually use them and/or work on making them better [hint- look at the way 1.02+/R14 is distributed today]

@erl/lixocey
do you even know the potential that mod/compiled maps have? performance/lag benefits arent even 1% of the story. worldbuilder scripts alone dont even have 5% of the potential that XML modding and LUA scripts offer

you like to make "creative" maps, and yet want to limit your own creativity by making uncompiled maps

sure, you do it for the ease of in-game transfer (which is the reason some of your maps have become popular), but i believe every content creator in this community should share the responsibility of trying to expand the creative boundaries of this game

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: Feb 26 2019, 10:27 AM

+
# 15phantom9399 Feb 26 2019, 11:03 AM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Feb 26 2019, 18:15 PM) *

compiled maps need to be promoted - everyone should embrace them, and efforts should be made by map creators to actively promote them amongst the online community

its obviously a huge pity that the game does not allow transfer of compiled maps - that was such a shitty oversight by EA that's continuing to hurt the variety of community-made content in this game today (in 2019), but then again... why dwell on mistakes made 11 years ago and say 'oh well, lets stick to the shit we have'

why stick to mediocrity, especially if you HAVE the power to do more?

there are alternative ways to promote compiled maps today, so let's actually use them and/or work on making them better [hint- look at the way 1.02+/R14 is distributed today]
@erl/lixocey
do you even know the potential that mod/compiled maps have? performance/lag benefits arent even 1% of the story. worldbuilder scripts alone dont even have 5% of the potential that XML modding and LUA scripts offer

you like to make "creative" maps, and yet want to limit your own creativity by making uncompiled maps

sure, you do it for the ease of in-game transfer (which is the reason some of your maps have become popular), but i believe every content creator in this community should share the responsibility of trying to expand the creative boundaries of this game

Last time we tried to get a couple of custom maps compiled into 1.02+ you told us it was never going to happen (these maps included customs like wintor horror and monotronic)

Yes lets force people to sign up to another program just to be able to access compiled versions of the maps, the same application that reveals your IP address for the whole world to see until you create an account.

+
# 16lixocey Feb 26 2019, 11:27 AM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Feb 26 2019, 10:15 AM) *

@erl/lixocey

Yeah I know all the potential, and I may agree somewhat that we should promote compiled maps, because they offer better experience and less bugs etc.
But original maps that are good/fun in general should always be promoted, compiled or not.

I say let people create maps the way they want, and let people play the maps they want. At a technical level, compiled maps may be better - but at the cost of 3rd party mod installations.
For some people that matter, for other it doesn't. For me personally, I don't think many people would have download my custom maps if they were compiled. It seemed most people did like to download the maps directly in-game at that time, so I just kept with the original WB instead. Since then I stopped doing maps in KW, I moved on to other games etc.

Another thing, it would be a whole new scenario if guys like OP are willing to pay some map creators to make a new map, then we're talking profit for all the (hard) work. Then there may be a good reason to use compiled maps to get the most effective map, but again it's all about what OP wants and not etc.

From what I can see, it looks like most players playing compiled maps are players that play normal skirmish maps, not custom scripted ones like Tower Defenses and AoD's. The players who like to play some custom scripted maps, usually download 1.02/un-compiled maps, in my opinion. But I may be wrong.

Cheers
- erl

This post has been edited by lixocey: Feb 26 2019, 12:47 PM

+
# 17cnc315d34d Feb 26 2019, 12:37 PM
Last time we tried to get a couple of custom maps compiled into 1.02+ you told us it was never going to happen (these maps included customs like wintor horror and monotronic)

From what I can see, it looks like most players playing compiled maps are players that play normal skirmish maps, not custom scripted ones. The players who like to test some custom scripted maps, usually download original maps, in my opinion. But I may be wrong.

all 1.02+ maps are compiled maps
not all compiled maps are 1.02+

1.02+ shouldnt be the only medium of compiled maps - for example renegade wars (which is also a compiled map, otherwise not even 1% of the shit it has would have been remotely possible) isnt in the 1.02+ pack, and never will be, and same for montronic or "TROLOLOL UNLIM MONEYS" maps

i'm in favour of more people building compiled maps for a high quality experience, and building their own mappacks for it - it's good for everyone - map makers get to unleash their full creative potential, and players get to enjoy it

the problem then is of distribution (how/where do i get the stuff? what if the stuff is updated? what about backwards compatibility with older versions or replays?) which i've been emphasising for a couple of years now.

this game has no built-in distribution mechanism for content besides non-compiled maps, and this is the #1 reason i wanted an external common platform to work, and now that there IS one, i'd like the rest of the online community on it.

+
# 18eXs.bLoOd Feb 26 2019, 12:41 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Feb 26 2019, 13:37 PM) *

this game has no built-in distribution mechanism for content besides non-compiled maps, and this is the #1 reason i wanted an external common platform to work, and now that there IS one, i'd like the rest of the online community on it.

And to connect this easily with cnconline? Would not that be the solution for everyone?

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 19cnc315d34d Feb 26 2019, 12:46 PM
if by 'connect with cnc-online' you mean showing anything new in-game, thats not possible

unless you mean something else?

+
# 20lixocey Feb 26 2019, 12:51 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Feb 26 2019, 12:37 PM) *

What is this external common platform for compiled maps? Can you connect this platform to the in-game downloads? I have not heard of it. Or did you mean something else, like ModdB and other platforms we already have and such?

I agree that If anyone wanna do a very creative map with no limitations, compiled maps are the best option. But you must have some lua programming skills and know how to compile a map though.

This post has been edited by lixocey: Feb 26 2019, 12:58 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)