Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Phoenix` Oct 11 2016, 13:55 PM
Made it to masters feelsgoodman - next goal top 500

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Game: Overwatch

+
# 2Diploid Oct 11 2016, 18:18 PM
Well done, chap! It always feel good to achieve certain aspects in Overwatch. thumb.gif Keep it up! Are you keen to share strategies and tips on your favorite heroes? If so, don't hesitate to make yourself known.

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 3OneCabal^ Oct 11 2016, 19:41 PM
Very impressive Steve Nash, maybe someday, you can make Team: Canada in Overwatch. smile.gif

+
# 4Phoenix` Oct 12 2016, 01:52 AM
QUOTE(Diploid @ Oct 11 2016, 10:18 AM) *

Well done, chap! It always feel good to achieve certain aspects in Overwatch. thumb.gif Keep it up! Are you keen to share strategies and tips on your favorite heroes? If so, don't hesitate to make yourself known.

i'm not much of a writer if you are leaning towards that ^^

+
# 5Phoenix` Oct 12 2016, 01:54 AM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Oct 11 2016, 11:41 AM) *

Very impressive Steve Nash, maybe someday, you can make Team: Canada in Overwatch. smile.gif

Im not even from Canada nor do i live there ^^

This post has been edited by Phoenix`: Oct 12 2016, 04:04 AM

+
# 6Diploid Oct 12 2016, 17:31 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix` @ Oct 12 2016, 03:52 AM) *

i'm not much of a writer if you are leaning towards that ^^

Not at all, you can benefit our community in many ways: videocasting, refereeing tournaments, showcasing certain strategies via a YT channel, etc. You can always contact our commentator, Dibz if you're interested in getting a YT channel started, he's been steadily maintaining his own YouTube channel with more than 10.000 subscribers and nearly 1.000.000 views. w00t.gif

+
# 7OneCabal^ Oct 12 2016, 18:41 PM
QUOTE(Diploid @ Oct 12 2016, 09:31 AM) *

Not at all, you can benefit our community in many ways: videocasting, refereeing tournaments, showcasing certain strategies via a YT channel, etc. You can always contact our commentator, Dibz if you're interested in getting a YT channel started, he's been steadily maintaining his own YouTube channel with more than 10.000 subscribers and nearly 1.000.000 views. w00t.gif

He's got a Youtube channel already, he use to post COD games, and is quite good at it, watched him a few times on his twitch as well.

+
# 8TheWankBank Dec 7 2016, 15:19 PM
My sr just keeps dropping after a few decent competitive games, mostly due to some toxic members, what is your secret, please share sad.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 9OneCabal^ Dec 7 2016, 16:50 PM
QUOTE(TheWankBank @ Dec 7 2016, 07:19 AM) *

My sr just keeps dropping after a few decent competitive games, mostly due to some toxic members, what is your secret, please share sad.gif

What are you doing? Sounds to me your solo queuing, when you do that you'll get matched yup with random players, and some might be in a group, which expect random players like yourself to be good and play your hero good, and if you don't they get mad and blame you for losing the match, so I suggest try playing with a group, and play your best hero in comp mode.

+
# 10Phoenix` Dec 8 2016, 02:50 AM
Idk there is alot of things you can do to help yourself climb and dont blame ur teammates as the sole reason ur being held back as its bs, everyone gets toxic / bad teammates. If you truly deserve a higher rank you will climb out of whatever rank ur in if you keep playing. I even made a smurf, threw my placement matches to get placed into silver and climbed back to masters using hero's i barely played.

Anyway here's some things i could think of off the top of my head to help you climb

- Make sure ur settings are optimized so that you are comfortable and controlled when you play (mouse dpi, ingame sens, having a mouse mat, fps setting, etc etc)

- Understand the hero's you play and what their job is in each scenario. So firstly you should be familar with everything ur hero does, that includes his ability cooldowns, how much damage he does per shot, and what he is strong against / what his weakness's are. The more you play you will see how most scenario's play out and will know exactly how to handle them as that hero with this basic knowledge.

- Focus on how you could have played better / made a better decision after each death or mistake. So for some this might be distracting while ingame or you might not catch all ur mistakes while playing, so i recommend recording ur games if possible and improving on mistakes. I also recommend learning ATLEAST 2 hero's from each class ( dps, healer, defensive tank) as there will always be others who want to play the same hero's.

- As for bad team compositions the best thing you can do is nicely recommend a change and give good reasoning behind it. For example "can you switch off of junkrat please, the enemy likes to use pharrah and we need a soldier 76 / mccree to counter her". Or if you have a toxic teammate who cant be reasoned with you will just have to mute him and carry on. As you can only lead ur teammates to water but you cant force them to drink it. smile.gif

- Just keep practicing / learning and dont be too upset with ur rank as everyone has to start somewhere, personally for me i was pretty proud that i placed at a fairly average rank yet managed to climb so high biggrin.gif

PS heres an update on my rank ^^

This post has been edited by Phoenix`: Dec 8 2016, 04:57 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 11OneCabal^ Dec 8 2016, 05:00 AM
QUOTE(Phoenix` @ Dec 7 2016, 18:50 PM) *

Idk there is alot of things you can do to help yourself climb and dont blame ur teammates as the sole reason ur being held back as its bs, everyone gets toxic / bad teammates. If you truly deserve a higher rank you will climb out of whatever rank ur in if you keep playing. I even made a smurf, threw my placement matches to get placed into silver and climbed back to masters using hero's i barely played.

Anyway here's some things i could think of off the top of my head to help you climb
- Make sure ur settings are optimized so that you are comfortable and controlled when you play (mouse dpi, ingame sens, having a mouse mat, fps setting, etc etc)

- Understand the hero's you play and what their job is in each scenario. So firstly you should be familar with everything ur hero does, that includes his ability cooldowns, how much damage he does per shot, and what he is strong against / what his weakness's are. The more you play you will see how most scenario's play out and will know exactly how to handle them as that hero with this basic knowledge.

- Focus on how you could have played better / made a better decision after each death or mistake. So for some this might be distracting while ingame or you might not catch all ur mistakes while playing, so i recommend recording ur games if possible and improving on mistakes. I also recommend learning ATLEAST 2 hero's from each class ( dps, healer, defensive tank) as there will always be others who want to play the same hero's.

- As for bad team compositions the best thing you can do is nicely recommend a change and give good reasoning behind it. For example "can you switch off of junkrat please, the enemy likes to use pharrah and we need a soldier 76 / mccree to counter her". Or if you have a toxic teammate who cant be reasoned with you will just have to mute him and carry on. As you can only lead ur teammates to water but you cant force them to drink it. smile.gif

- Just keep practicing / learning and dont be too upset with ur rank as everyone has to start somewhere, personally for me i was pretty proud that i placed at a fairly average rank yet managed to climb so high biggrin.gif

PS heres an update on my rank ^^

Show off sleep.gif, only 200 SR points from top 500 on the NA servers eh, you got lucky with your placement matches, while I got GOLD.

+
# 12Phoenix` Dec 8 2016, 05:09 AM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Dec 7 2016, 21:00 PM) *

Show off sleep.gif, only 200 SR points from top 500 on the NA servers eh, you got lucky with your placement matches, while I got GOLD.
I placed 2400 in s2 and climbed to masters, i also threw my placement matches on my smurf to place into silver and climbed back to masters, so no has nothing to do with placement matches cabal smile.gif

+
# 13Spectre Dec 8 2016, 07:09 AM
Bought the game after the free weekend recently. I placed at 1800 I think, I played Widow on certain portions of maps even though I got flamed with people telling me I'll never climb out of plat.

gg ez
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Spectre: Dec 8 2016, 07:14 AM

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 14TheWankBank Dec 8 2016, 09:24 AM
Hmm, I can't find a decent group, atleast not a group of 6 or so, are you all interested in playing?

Give me your battlenet ID's, I'll be adding you though " Europe " battlenet servers, because if I'm in " Europe " and I sent a invite to " America ", the invite doesn't go.

+
# 15OneCabal^ Dec 8 2016, 15:21 PM
QUOTE(TheWankBank @ Dec 8 2016, 01:24 AM) *

Hmm, I can't find a decent group, atleast not a group of 6 or so, are you all interested in playing?

Give me your battlenet ID's, I'll be adding you though " Europe " battlenet servers, because if I'm in " Europe " and I sent a invite to " America ", the invite doesn't go.

In order to play with us wankbank, you have to be within 500 SR points of each of us to play.

+
# 16TheWankBank Dec 9 2016, 07:51 AM
Well, shit.

+
# 17Phoenix` Dec 10 2016, 15:46 PM
Reached GrandMaster ayeee.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 18TheWankBank Dec 10 2016, 16:26 PM
Phx staph, you're killing me, I'm stuck at 2048 SR, from 2487 to 2048, how does one fuck up that badly!

+
# 19OneCabal^ Dec 10 2016, 17:11 PM
QUOTE(TheWankBank @ Dec 10 2016, 08:26 AM) *

Phx staph, you're killing me, I'm stuck at 2048 SR, from 2487 to 2048, how does one fuck up that badly!

Your better than me right now, I'm just at 1567, turns out I team with bad players.

+
# 20TheWankBank Dec 11 2016, 06:32 AM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Dec 10 2016, 21:11 PM) *

Your better than me right now, I'm just at 1567, turns out I team with bad players.

Considering how much you love overwatch, I'd probably call myself lucky if that's the case for you. ohmy.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)