Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Is it possible to open and save the Map Preview...

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Johann Tilly May 5 2019, 13:11 PM
I talk about the little pictures of the maps, that appear on the left side of the loading screen when the game is loading a Singleplayer or MP Game. The Pictures appear/ can also be seen in BIG SCREEN SIZE the BFME 1 or 2 or rotwk Campaign, when you go/attack enter a new region to conquer or load a new mission.

I can`t open or even not display them with any programm. With "Libre Office Draw" I can open them, but it only shows me a brown square. post-13661-1143531603.gif That applies to BFME 1 and 2 and rotwk.

Does someone here know how to open and display them?

I want to use some of them for desktop background.

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: May 5 2019, 13:14 PM

Clan: KoA|KnightsofArnor

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2SeñorEcthelion May 5 2019, 15:05 PM
MapPreviews holds minimaps (which are lines above a blank 128x128 square) , acting like a optimized cache or something like that. Not loading screens.

IPB Image

they would be the same thing as the "_art.tga" in any map folder.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3SeñorEcthelion May 5 2019, 15:07 PM
the images you want are not in "My Bfme 2 Files"

+
# 4Johann Tilly May 5 2019, 15:44 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ May 5 2019, 15:07 PM) *

the images you want are not in "My Bfme 2 Files"

Yes, I mean these pictures (and on the second screenshot the night picture with the forrest and the moon)

Oh I see. Then I will check the main installation folders of bfme titles and see if they are there. Do you know where the images are? I will search the "_art.tga" in the map folders or map.big files I guess they are inside a file, which I have to extract with final big or an picture programm.

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: May 5 2019, 15:49 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 5SeñorEcthelion May 5 2019, 17:52 PM
QUOTE(Johann Tilly @ May 5 2019, 12:44 PM) *

Yes, I mean these pictures (and on the second screenshot the night picture with the forrest and the moon)

Oh I see. Then I will check the main installation folders of bfme titles and see if they are there. Do you know where the images are? I will search the "_art.tga" in the map folders or map.big files I guess they are inside a file, which I have to extract with final big or an picture programm.

the first image suitable for a desktop background image comes from the textures.big files in bfme2 directory. I dont know which one, but if you care about enough you would extract all of them.
art\compiledtextures\22 for example has some loading screens from bfme1 campaign.. there are other folders with numbers also holding bfme1 stuff.

The bfme2 ones from War of the Ring are in the folder "wo"

+
# 6SeñorEcthelion May 5 2019, 17:55 PM
and from your second image, the left side showing a little map picture comes from each map folder, these end with "_pic.tga" You can convert them into something more accessible like .jpge or .png, but it's just a 128x128px image so it's not very useful.

+
# 7Johann Tilly May 5 2019, 20:47 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ May 5 2019, 17:52 PM) *

the first image suitable for a desktop background image comes from the textures.big files in bfme2 directory. I dont know which one, but if you care about enough you would extract all of them.
art\compiledtextures\22 for example has some loading screens from bfme1 campaign.. there are other folders with numbers also holding bfme1 stuff.

The bfme2 ones from War of the Ring are in the folder "wo"

Thx a lot, now I know where the stuff is. :-)

+
# 8Johann Tilly May 5 2019, 21:51 PM
I found the War of the Ring and Campaign Images (the ones in the "WO" Section) And the Rotwk`s also.

EVERYTHING/QUESTION/Problem IS SOLVED NOW.

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: May 6 2019, 14:15 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)