Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Jim Vessella Twitter AMA Recap

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FallenXE Mar 21 2020, 17:29 PM
On March 12, Lead Producer for Command & Conquer Remastered Jim Vessella held an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Twitter!

EA has released a recap of some of the questions and replies from the session and a selection of them have been included below.

Question: “If [we] buy [the game on] Steam, do we need Origin installed to play the game on Steam or [do we] only need to link/sign in with an EA account?”

Answer: Right now, Steam players will need to link to an EA Account upon first bootup. However, they will not need the Origin Client installed.

Question: “How extensive is the Map Editor? Can you make single-player missions with it?”

Answer: Yes! The Map Editor can create both single-player and multiplayer maps. We're excited to see what the community creates!

Question: “Will the graphics switch work in multiplayer, or is it for campaign only? Cheers, Jim!”

Answer: The graphics switching took some magical code work by the Petroglyph team. It works in solo modes, so Campaign and Skirmish, but not in Multiplayer. It's one of my favorite features in the Remastered Collection.

Question: “Is there a game speed controller in the remaster like in the original?”

Answer: Yes, you can adjust the game speed for yourself in both Campaign and Skirmish, and then the Host can choose it for everyone in Multiplayer.
Source: EA

For the full AMA session, do check out the official Command & Conquer Twitter account! In addition, you can also sign up to EA's mailing list (at the bottom of the link) to receive the latest update regarding C&C Remastered.

Twitter Image
Discord Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2DJ_Chill Mar 22 2020, 15:41 PM
happy you don't need to have origin running to make the game work!

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3RRcabal Mar 22 2020, 16:26 PM
QUOTE(DJ_Chill @ Mar 22 2020, 08:41 AM) *

happy you don't need to have origin running to make the game work!

I'm going to use steam myself.

Clan: Wordscapes Players

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 4Leikeze Mar 22 2020, 16:39 PM
I never liked having a client in order to launch a game I paid for, but such is life, Steam it would be.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5-Netput Mar 23 2020, 09:25 AM
Question: “Will the unit balance in remaster remain [the] same as in [the] original games, and what about maximum map size in Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert?”

Answer: We've decided to keep the balance and map sizes the same as the legacy titles. The Tiberian Dawn maps support four players, while certain Red Alert maps support up to eight players.

O dear.... Really curious how this balance will work out!

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Red Alert Remastered

+
# 6Incia May 20 2020, 13:44 PM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Mar 23 2020, 12:25 PM) *

O dear.... Really curious how this balance will work out!

This is what worries me the most as they now for the first time (basically) announce a ranked multiplayer. Original game was mostly campaign missions, basically a single player game, where super OP base defenses could kill a horde of stupid AI units.
This will be a disaster online if there are no balance changes.

For example I remember a flame tank would kill a medium tank, lol.
Horde of flame troopers kill themselves as they had zero flame resistance.
Infantry in general are too slow and get crushed/killed by anything.
Lack of AA units in general, reasons campaign had no air units for Nod at all, now when Nod has access to air units I think they will dominate the game on multiplayer.
Tons and tons of balance stuff that won't work online.
Nuclear missile? This hasn't been tweaked for online either? The one who gets to the nuke first can wipe out the enemy base.

Clan: Wordscapes Players

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)