CNC Zero Hour

Make Defon Balanced

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Wildhide Jul 7 2019, 15:47 PM
Some of you map makers please make a Defcon 2.0 Balanced where:
You equalize the space of all the isles
You remove the cars and trucks
You remove the pointless nuclear bunkers in the corner
You increase the space between the islands so that you can you don't have to put a China/Gla Supply on the top
And you make the middle elevation uniform

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2-DoMiNaToR- Jul 7 2019, 15:58 PM
I do agree, if relax could make v2 it might become the most popular 3v3 and FFA map, over taking the current defcon

Certain things like nuclear bunkers and the supplies that have to be shared between players and key characteristics of the map though

+
# 3Wildhide Jul 7 2019, 16:20 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Jul 7 2019, 18:58 PM) *

Certain things like nuclear bunkers and the supplies that have to be shared between players and key characteristics of the map though

I didn't say to remove the supplies between the players I said that he should increase the flat space around them so that you can build GLA/china stashes next to them

+
# 4Ka$$aD Jul 7 2019, 16:23 PM
But you can build supplies right next to the piles already?!

+
# 5-DoMiNaToR- Jul 7 2019, 16:49 PM
I think he means without it being squashed a bit which it is on the sides of you build on outside of the map

+
# 6Leikeze Jul 7 2019, 16:59 PM
So just make it like Armored Fury or InstaShock Arena? Simple enough if somebody has the time.

QUOTE(Ka$$aD @ Jul 7 2019, 12:23 PM) *

But you can build supplies right next to the piles already?!

Maybe he means placing it either way on the lower-ground.
Attached Image

Clan: WbG

+
# 7-ExiLe` Jul 7 2019, 17:00 PM
Would be nice, maybe different styles aswell, like winter, desert.

aaand a special "pro" rules version, with rules/limitations build in for the noobs smile.gif

+
# 8Leikeze Jul 7 2019, 17:06 PM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Jul 7 2019, 13:00 PM) *

Would be nice, maybe different styles aswell, like winter, desert.

aaand a special "pro" rules version, with rules/limitations build in for the noobs smile.gif

All of those have already been created.

+
# 9-LithiumFluoride Jul 7 2019, 17:06 PM
Also equalize the no. of supply piles between all islands. Now some got 3 while some got 5 piles

+
# 10-ExiLe` Jul 7 2019, 17:17 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Jul 7 2019, 18:06 PM) *

All of those have already been created.

Uhhh so why arent they popular yet??

+
# 11Leikeze Jul 7 2019, 17:19 PM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Jul 7 2019, 13:17 PM) *

Uhhh so why arent they popular yet??

Blood is thicker than water, people like tradition, and stats, even if they only record losses 98% of the time.

+
# 12-ExiLe` Jul 7 2019, 17:26 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Jul 7 2019, 18:19 PM) *

Blood is thicker than water, people like tradition, and stats, even if they only record losses 98% of the time.

I would host if I knew and had these maps, so would others I think

+
# 13Wildhide Jul 7 2019, 17:31 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Jul 7 2019, 19:59 PM) *

Maybe he means placing it either way on the lower-ground.
Attached Image

this

+
# 14-Prokilla' Jul 7 2019, 17:47 PM
My clan mate made 2 new defcons over a yr ago called Defon flat & fair & Defcon Dam, both were cool maps but ppl kept crying over the original.

+
# 15fastAiR Jul 7 2019, 17:54 PM
can somene make a mini defcon 1v1 map.
2 Islands (corner ones facing each other, but next to each other so bottom left corner replaces middle base and its next to bottom right)
Map split down middle
One supply stash in middle

Its just a funny rushing map with the bases so close, alot of the time u having a virtual 1v1 with the enemy next to you anwyay.

+
# 16Jundiyy Jul 7 2019, 17:59 PM
I made a more balanced Defcon version in the past upon request, fixed some things as well.
I remember making the middle islands a bit bigger
Taking away the black building space at the top of the map
Having the same amount of small supply piles between all bases (although remember, Defcon is made for 3vs3, so it is MORE fair for 3vs3).
Few other changes as well, can't remember now.

I can flatten whichever land it is which is needed.

QUOTE(-LithiumFluoride @ Jul 7 2019, 17:06 PM) *

Also equalize the no. of supply piles between all islands. Now some got 3 while some got 5 piles

As said above, it's meant to be 3vs3, so as long as all 3 players are together, it will be fair per team (not per player).
Regarding the other versions, snow and desert, I remember someone making a snow one for ZH, it didn't look as good as the original but it was snow, needed some work done, although Contra has nice Snow and Desert versions, might be possible to bring them over depending on what textures they've used.

This post has been edited by Jundiyy: Jul 7 2019, 18:15 PM

+
# 17trve^viking Jul 7 2019, 19:01 PM
QUOTE(Wildhide @ Jul 7 2019, 16:47 PM) *

Some of you map makers please make a Defcon 2.0 Balanced where:
You equalize the space of all the isles
You remove the cars and trucks
You remove the pointless nuclear bunkers in the corner
You increase the space between the islands so that you can you don't have to put a China/Gla Supply on the top
And you make the middle elevation uniform

i think the map is ok as it is,no need to change it.
the space of the isles is ok imo, that way people are kinda forced to play a bit different,for example if you are on a small island in an ffa it might be better to rush as you will run out of space, but at the same time its easier to defend it compared to the big
why would you remove the trucks?
to increase the space between would make it tougher to rush and to have supplies in the mid just makes people fight over it=you have some action.
the nuclear building is a fair point,but it does no damage and can be killed fast if you need the space.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Graphics

+
# 18ReLaX Jul 7 2019, 19:11 PM
I can have a look if you like....

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 19Leikeze Jul 7 2019, 19:21 PM
QUOTE(trve^viking @ Jul 7 2019, 15:01 PM) *

i think the map is ok as it is,no need to change it.
the space of the isles is ok imo, that way people are kinda forced to play a bit different,for example if you are on a small island in an ffa it might be better to rush as you will run out of space, but at the same time its easier to defend it compared to the big
to increase the space between would make it tougher to rush and to have supplies in the mid just makes people fight over it=you have some action.
the nuclear building is a fair point,but it does no damage and can be killed fast if you need the space.

That is how most players feel about it.

+
# 20Wildhide Jul 7 2019, 20:17 PM
QUOTE(trve^viking @ Jul 7 2019, 22:01 PM) *

How is it fun to be forced in a rush playstyle because of your map position? Why exactly would you want a map RNG decide how you're going to play the whole game? |What if you get SW and you can't move anywhere while the stealth camper sits with the big island next to you, how ok will I feel then?
Trucks are again something that if you're GLA you get for no good reason. Trucks are a bad mechanic in general and I thought by the fact that everyone plays the nocars version of TD people would agree
Oh really if you increase the space of the gap to fit a supply placement there then somehow rushes won't work anymore? Okay then you just flatten the zone, you keep the same distance but just allow a supply to fit, if it's THAT big of a problem
The nuke is pointless so if you're going to change the map then you can remove it

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)