Explore GameReplays...

Paradox Interactive Games

Mandate Of Heaven announced!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ScuttleShip Mar 16 2017, 09:33 AM

Mandate Of Heaven

Mandate Of Heaven, Paradox Interactive's latest DLC for Europa Universalis IV sets to be released on April 6th this year. EUIV has received a steady stream of updates since its initial release and this one could be the best yet!

Asia, a continent that can best some of the most feared players and some of the craftiest of leaders will soon discover that the Bushido holds the key to success in the Far East. The Chinese empire rules from the Dragon Throne and it rules with an Iron fist. They force their neighbours to bow to them and pay tribute to their glorious empire. The Japanese, however, owe their loyalty to the Shogunate who is seated in Kyoto. Should a Daimyo step out of line they will swiftly find that they will be called to preserve their honour by seppuku, a most sacred of rituals to the Japanese.

Back in the West, they are ushering in a Historical age that will bring Golden Eras to the already booming economy. Could this be the rewriting of history with a Napoleon conquering all the way through Russia and achieving the domination he sought but was unable to achieve? The fall of England before they are able to unite the Isles and from Great Britain and then the United Kingdom, the rise of the Byzantium empire once more.

The mandate of Heaven leaves us once more grasping at a chance for more and what could be the best instalment so far. I can tell you that we here are GameReplays are excited more than ever to see the latest DLC and what this could mean for the game. Come April 6th we will once again be rewriting history into the eye of the beholder and conquering the world full of possibilities that their counterparts were unable to achieve in life but perhaps might achieve in death.

Main Features
  • Historical Ages and Golden Eras:
    Meet objectives in four historical ages from the Age of Discovery to the Age of Revolutions, earning new bonuses and powers for your country. Declare a Golden Era to further increase your chance of success.
  • Chinese Empire:
    New mechanics for Ming China, including Imperial Decrees and Imperial Reforms to bolster the Dragon Throne.
  • Tributaries:
    Force your neighbours to pay tribute to your Chinese Empire, paying you in gold, manpower or monarch points.
  • New Japanese Rules:
    Daimyos now owe loyalty to the Shogun - and the Shogun is whoever controls the imperial capital of Kyoto. Force your lesser rivals to commit seppuku to preserve honour.
  • Manchu Banners:
    Rally the Manchu warlords around your throne and call up the traditional banners to reinforce your army.
  • Diplomatic Macrobuilder:
    Common diplomatic actions are now easily available from the macrobuilder interface.
Source: Mandate of Heaven sale page.

This post has been merged by Elven: Mar 16 2017, 09:33 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2Elven Mar 16 2017, 09:35 AM
Wicked! As a Japanese fan, I think this might be really one of the best DLC-s (expansions?). While Europe is really cool, the Japs/Koreans/Chinese really needed some attention!

Game: Overwatch

+
# 3ScuttleShip Mar 17 2017, 22:27 PM
QUOTE(Elven @ Mar 16 2017, 09:35 AM) *

Wicked! As a Japanese fan, I think this might be really one of the best DLC-s (expansions?). While Europe is really cool, the Japs/Koreans/Chinese really needed some attention!

Agreed, will be nice to see the change. Might increase my attention to that side of the globe. Have been playing bits and pieces of India recently but found them quite difficult when fighting against the Bengals in particular. Looking forward to having another bash at one of the smaller Chinese nations and possibly another look at Japan. Would love to get a couple of the associated achievements for the region.

All that said, I'm interested to see how the Golden Era's and Historical Ages play out as well. I think they might provide some interesting events to the game. (which are much needed).

+
# 4Elven Mar 17 2017, 22:53 PM
QUOTE(ScuttleShip @ Mar 18 2017, 00:27 AM) *
All that said, I'm interested to see how the Golden Era's and Historical Ages play out as well. I think they might provide some interesting events to the game. (which are much needed).

Agreed! In a lot of sense, events make game a lot more fun. I remember that Orianna had many fun events tongue.gif.

Haven't played eu4 for a long time, might now give another game.

Especially since I heard last few expansions weren't that great.

Game: Overwatch

+
# 5ScuttleShip Mar 18 2017, 16:18 PM
QUOTE(Elven @ Mar 17 2017, 22:53 PM) *

Agreed! In a lot of sense, events make game a lot more fun. I remember that Orianna had many fun events tongue.gif.

Haven't played eu4 for a long time, might now give another game.

Especially since I heard last few expansions weren't that great.

Not sure, I think some of them have been decent. I really liked the Rights of Man update. I prefer more historical content missions though and events. Some locations seem to have lots of them, and then there are others that don't. There are also issues with the ones that do have them that don't actually have some of the other events for that country that are equally important.

Decent game overall though. The main issue is finding a nation that can be interesting.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)