Company of Heroes

Map Hack

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1dukejason May 12 2018, 02:17 AM
Big news from relic as follows:

Company Of Heroes Maphacks
APRIL 23 - RELIC CONTENT
Hey everyone,

It's come to our attention that a number of players have found a way to use a Maphack in game. We wanted to state that we are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

It's worth reiterating that being caught using any hack on Relic games will result in a permanent ban. This extends to all accounts that we can link to the offending account.

In the meantime, we are looking to introduce a new reporting and banning procedure for the COH Franchise in May. We are just waiting for some clarification around a Data Protection and Privacy issue before implementation.

Keep an eye on the official forums for the update.

relic forums

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2djw2104 Jun 6 2018, 17:34 PM
Welcome news indeed.

Once the culprits have been identified if we at GameReplays could be informed the appropriate action as per the site rules can be implemeneted, thank you.

Game: None

+
# 3miegorengwithprawns Jun 7 2018, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the heads up confirming that.

I'm a veteran COH player who has been playing his game online 1v1 (& 2v2) intensely for protracted periods over the 11 years since its release.

A returnee to the game last November, I have noted and called maphackers in 1v1 as recently one of my half dozen games earlier today. Rather than continue play I just leave the game and accept the loss once I discover it. The uncanny map reveal prediction of perpetrators is unmistakeably overt and noticeable to any seasoned COH player.

They're not worth wasting my time playing on, when I can better spend that time playing a fair playing field player.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4TuVieja Jul 1 2018, 19:48 PM
It would be pretty helpful if anyone could provide insight, knowledge or tips as to how to identify a maphacker.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)