Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Map zoom thingy. (Can modders look at this?)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SN0WBL4CK Dec 18 2017, 12:51 PM
So before i came back to the game in august 2017, i used to have a custom made zoomed out maps file. i used like 650 or 700 if iirc. when using it with gameranger it didnt work unless i loaded a skirmish game first every time after gr starts bfme2.

If i didnt do that, it showed a black bar at the top of the screen, limiting my view. It was annoying to run a skirmish game every time, but i got used to it. However when i tried to use this same method this time around, it didnt work. The black bar was still there.

So i found this: http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-midd...ts-exploit-map1

Basically its a custom map that u place in your maps folder (C:\Users\>Username<\AppData\Roaming\>GameName<\Maps).

What u have to do: after starting the game you run the map in skirmish mode, and then u can zoom in and out without any limit. It can go insanely far that u can see the whole map at once, its unplayable like that off course and actually unfair.

It works fine when u start the game not using gameranger, u run the map once and untill u restart the game, all maps wil be with infinite zoom. Works for all versions too and its really fast, the map loads instantly and exits the map automatically.

However when using with gameranger, you have to start the game, run the custommap in skirmish mode then run any other official map in skirmish mode and then you have to click on the network button and it will work fine until u exit the game. However every now and then, it doesnt let you click on the network button. it clicks but it doesnt take you to the network lobby. Then u have to go to skirmish again and load any official map. After u load the map, it will throw u in to the network lobby as soon as the map loads, but you will not be able to see the cursor until u are in game. So you will have to go to desktop multiple times to see where ur cursor is and select, team, spot, colour and X.

It's very annoying. However when u use it on 1.00 version combined with gameranger. All you have to do is run the custom map and then go to network lobby. it will work every time. You dont even have to load a different map. But who plays 1.00? so it is useless.

So my question is, is there a way to modify that map file, or make a different one that will work with 1.09 /1.06 like it works with 1.00? Or is there another way to get it to work without that much hassle?

I like this way of using zoom, because i dont use same zoom level on all maps and it is a pain to go trough every map and set it up. Also its a great way to watch reps in higer zoom levels.

Sorry for the long post, does anyone know how this works? or has a different solution?

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2SeñorEcthelion Dec 19 2017, 02:37 AM
im definetively not supporting noobs who play on higher than 560 and have to deal with game engine breaking

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3SN0WBL4CK Dec 19 2017, 22:27 PM
It has nothing to do with game engine. the zoomout level has nothing to do with game engine. whether u zoom out to 560 or 1560 it is still the same. Gameranger causes the glitches. If u start the game normally without gameranger any zoom level works fine.

Also i didnt ask you specifically to support anyone. You just came here to be a cunt. I never got the memo that 560 is the required zoom level for ''pros'' now. I know multiple people who played on 650 and higher when i last played the game and they never had any issues with the game engine.

+
# 4casper_ Dec 19 2017, 23:12 PM
QUOTE(D3ATH^G0D @ Dec 19 2017, 23:27 PM) *

You just came here to be a cunt.

true hahahaha

+
# 5SeñorEcthelion Dec 19 2017, 23:46 PM
gameranger simply forces you to close and open the game.
that "map" is a engine bug exploiter, like it's very description says . it modifies shit in ram or something.

this is from it's readme.

"changes are not permanently (only RAM related) and everything will be back to normal if you restart the game."

+
# 6SN0WBL4CK Dec 19 2017, 23:54 PM
What does it matter how it is achieved? i am only using the end result. If there is another better solution, i am open for it. This does not increase lag, it doesn't cause more oos or anything. It's simply one tool for all the patches and all the maps. Because the tool is not perfect is the very reason i created this topic. I didnt say i need this tool to work perfectly, i was just wondering whether or not there is anything that gives me the same end result with less hassle.

+
# 7SeñorEcthelion Dec 20 2017, 08:29 AM
i meant that u can't make that tool be useful with gameranger. u can play thru t3a biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)