Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Maps!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FUzziBabes Apr 25 2020, 19:12 PM
I was having another of my thoughts and I was wondering something:

What maps would players like to see redesigned and placed into the remaster? You can take your pick from any command and conquer, official or not!

I would quite like to see from Zero Hour, Tournament Dustbowl. It feels like such a mainstay of ZH that it'll be a very popular early choice. Also I'd love to see Sand serpent brought over, always enjoy watching games on that map because there's plenty of oil derricks (obviously would have to be replaced with something else) for players to fight over and then of course the bottom left island is so important given the sheer amount of supplies there. Perhaps replacing the supplies with blue tib in the bottom left? What do you think?

From CNC3/Kane's Wrath I would really want to see Tournament Arena and Tournament Rift brought over for the same reasons as Dustbowl, felt like they were the mainstays of CNC3 (when i was active anyway) so would love to see them redesigned and brought over. Also, there is always a soft spot for Tournament Decision in my heart, always loved replays on that map given how there is so many different areas to fight over, be it protecting your natural resources/spikes or battling for the open tiberium field in the top left.

On the 2vs2 side I would really like to see Fallen Empire from ZH brought over for its simplicity, feel like it would be a fairly easy map to redesign for the remasters. I would also really enjoy seeing Redzone Rampage from CNC3 brought over, the sheer amount of Tiberium always made it interesting and it was always fun seeing the different approaches players took on that map.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with my maps? Am I fool for missing such an obvious choice? Am I right but there is loads of great maps I didn't think of that you would also like to see?

tongue.gif

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2RRcabal Apr 26 2020, 00:19 AM
From what I have seen from the Remaster Trailer, is that Petroglyph brought in a few maps form C&C 3 Kane's Wrath in tiberium gardens, and that was an uneven 5 player FFA map, now it's a 4 player FFA or 2v2 map, so I am assuming they have chosen a few maps from all the C&C maps.

I for one would like to see some C&C Tiberium Wars and KW maps return to this game, all the official maps that were released in the original KW game, like Tournament Rift, and Tournament Dustbowl, those 2 were the most popular maps in all of KW back in the day, oh and Tournament Decision as well.

+
# 3FUzziBabes Apr 26 2020, 01:05 AM
Yeah man, love all those maps. If they bring quite a few over then I'll be a very happy bunny. I imagine its a lot easier to bring CNC3 maps over to Tiberian Dawn and RA3 maps over to Red Alert given it's the same resource gathering and what not.

As I said I really hope to see tournament decision for sure, love that map!

+
# 4Mp3 Apr 27 2020, 06:44 AM
ZH Map-Maker here. smile.gif I think it would be a fair-trade, considering that one of the top-played maps of Zero Hour are remakes of:
- Small Town USA --> [NMC] Plant Waste [ZH]
- Tournament Arena --> [NMC] Tournament Arena [ZH] (naming hasn't changed).
- Tournament Tower --> [NMC] Tournament City [ZH]
- Pipeline Problems --> [NMC] Gorge Drought [ZH]
- Tournament Coastline --> [NMC 2x2] Coastline World [ZH]

And that's just a small fraction. biggrin.gif Keen on the idea, of how the TW is going to replace the oils/supplies & other ZH-Only structures, in order to make the map balance & similar to what it originally were.

Eager to know who would do such task.

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5FUzziBabes May 16 2020, 21:31 PM
I really like Small town USA as a map so I really hope to see a remake of that one for certain!

+
# 6A.Productions YT May 16 2020, 22:45 PM
Same, I also like tournament Dustbowl. Can be really fun to play on. And I personally like the appearance of the map.

Clan: Cant win

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 7~JoKeR~ May 17 2020, 09:23 AM
ZH carrier is Over remake please.

+
# 8Incia May 20 2020, 13:53 PM
Tiberian Dawn had blue tib?
Tiberian Dawn had oil derricks? Umm...

+
# 9A.Productions YT May 20 2020, 16:08 PM
Indeed. It's a bit weird.

+
# 10FUzziBabes May 21 2020, 10:53 AM
QUOTE(Incia @ May 20 2020, 14:53 PM) *

Tiberian Dawn had blue tib?
Tiberian Dawn had oil derricks? Umm...

It's been so long for me that I don't even remember if blue tib was in TD or oil derricks were in RA laugh.gif

However even if they weren't I wouldn't be surprised if they added them in for multiplayer, I'd really like to see that.

+
# 11Incia May 21 2020, 11:37 AM
Tiberian Dawn had 'oil derrick' looking civilian structures. Now with mod support I guess it could be easy to mod them as capturable oil derricks, but for core game I don't believe there will ever be, nor blue tiberium.

+
# 12FUzziBabes May 21 2020, 14:16 PM
QUOTE(Incia @ May 21 2020, 12:37 PM) *

Tiberian Dawn had 'oil derrick' looking civilian structures. Now with mod support I guess it could be easy to mod them as capturable oil derricks, but for core game I don't believe there will ever be, nor blue tiberium.

Ah right so it would be possible to remake the maps from the other games that contain oil derricks like tournament rift from CNC3.

I mean I'm sure EA don't do it themselves then map makers will do it for them happy.gif

+
# 13A.Productions YT May 21 2020, 23:14 PM
QUOTE(Incia @ May 21 2020, 11:37 AM) *

The community can be very persistent sometimes however....

+
# 14Specovik Jun 1 2020, 23:53 PM
I 100% will make maps for ra

+
# 15FUzziBabes Jun 2 2020, 01:03 AM
QUOTE(Specovik @ Jun 2 2020, 00:53 AM) *

Any maps you're eyeing up to remaster or are you one to lean more towards creating your own from scratch? smile.gif

+
# 16Specovik Jun 2 2020, 04:43 AM
both variants smile.gif
although of course, when talking about the transfer of maps from other cnc-games, you need to keep in mind the lack of interactivity with civilian buildings, the balance and size of the resource field (when compared, for example, to ZH, where resources occupy a small area of the territory). Of need more to improvise smile.gif

+
# 17FUzziBabes Jun 2 2020, 10:38 AM
That's cool, its nice to hear the practical side of things as I wouldn't really think about all the balancing and what not. Resource field size is definitely something I would overlook how important that is as that could definitely change the map entirely!

Lack of interactivity with civilian buildings could be something they change ohmy.gif That'll be cool

+
# 18Leikeze Jun 2 2020, 12:37 PM
QUOTE(Specovik @ Jun 1 2020, 19:53 PM) *

Ah good, we will see more from Michelangelo himself.

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 19Incia Jul 2 2020, 11:21 AM
So where are all of these maps? biggrin.gif

+
# 20Mp3 Jul 4 2020, 04:13 AM
QUOTE(Incia)
So where are all of these maps? biggrin.gif

I thought there's will a separate place for them, here on GR. laugh.gif A new thread for submissions would be good enough.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)