Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

New BFME 2 Guide for new and experienced players!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SN0WBL4CK May 12 2018, 21:31 PM
Hi guys i decided to make a new bfme2 guide from scratch. The guide will cover everything i and the community can think of. Micro, macro, strategy, theory, specific units, match ups and much much more.

I will focus on both 1.06 and 1.09 communities and will be posting new videos every weekend.

Here is the link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtCf0-w5ZWeinEgD_U91Z5A

Here is the link to the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrB39o9WfM

I will be posting every video in this topic on a weekly basis so make sure you keep up to date with new replies.

Suggestions for specific topics are also welcome and will be considered.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2Fitton May 13 2018, 01:26 AM
Very nice video! Keep them coming. smile.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3QuikSilwer May 13 2018, 05:25 AM
Play 1v1s. Not only most useful, but most likely the only way how to reach top. Oh, and spam before micro, sadly...

This post has been edited by QuikSilwer: May 13 2018, 05:30 AM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4StrayHeart May 13 2018, 08:52 AM
QUOTE(QuikSilwer @ May 13 2018, 06:25 AM) *

Play 1v1s. Not only most useful, but most likely the only way how to reach top. Oh, and spam before micro, sadly...

Do you mean spam and macro is more important than micro?

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 5QuikSilwer May 13 2018, 12:22 PM
9/10

The 10th game is Elven mirror.

+
# 6SN0WBL4CK May 13 2018, 13:32 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ May 13 2018, 09:52 AM) *

Do you mean spam and macro is more important than micro?

I would definitely say, macro is more important than micro. It is not even a close call. Making the right units at the right time can make more difference than any amount of micro.

Spam? well i think you should be keeping up with your cp limit to have a chance against your opponent who will do the same. However it is far more important to make the right units than to spam them hoping to outspam your opponent. There are countless replays of players who save up for a certain hero or high tier unit and completely change the game.

With all of that being said, micro should not be underestimated in the slightest. Because experienced players will both not make many macro mistakes then it all comes down to micro and ofc host.

+
# 7SeñorEcthelion May 13 2018, 13:35 PM
a excelent micro will be useless vs mordor if you are elf, sadly, thorin is right
Perhaps it's diffferent on bfme1.... who knows

+
# 8SN0WBL4CK May 13 2018, 14:58 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ May 13 2018, 14:35 PM) *

a excelent micro will be useless vs mordor if you are elf, sadly, thorin is right
Perhaps it's diffferent on bfme1.... who knows

Disagreed, there are way more factors than micro alone. Also i don't think elves are inferior to mordor in any way on 1.09. It is more a matter of host than anything else. Also the very reason why being offhost makes all the difference in the world is the fact that it is harder to micro. Not to mention the fact that elves and isengard are punished/rewarded by bad/good micro the most of all the factions.

+
# 9RanDoM'L0L May 13 2018, 15:23 PM
Nice vid smile.gif

I like your phrasing of why one should not copy pro players replays, it did sounds familiar xD wub.gif

+
# 10SN0WBL4CK May 13 2018, 15:56 PM
QUOTE(RanDoM'L0L @ May 13 2018, 16:23 PM) *

Nice vid smile.gif

I like your phrasing of why one should not copy pro players replays, it did sounds familiar xD wub.gif

Nice catch. I did phrase it the same way you did(i cant remember in what video though) because i literally couldn't have said it better my self. Especially since i used to make that mistake all the way up until 2017 so when i heard u pointing that out in one of your vids, it hit home real hard and it actually changed the way i started looking at replays.

+
# 11QuikSilwer May 13 2018, 15:56 PM
QUOTE(SN0WBL4CK @ May 13 2018, 13:32 PM) *

With all of that being said, micro should not be underestimated in the slightest. Because experienced players will both not make many macro mistakes then it all comes down to micro and ofc host.

there's no such thing as a macro mistake. except when your cps ratio drops below 5

+
# 12RanDoM'L0L May 13 2018, 16:25 PM
QUOTE(SN0WBL4CK @ May 13 2018, 15:56 PM) *

Nice catch. I did phrase it the same way you did(i cant remember in what video though) because i literally couldn't have said it better my self. Especially since i used to make that mistake all the way up until 2017 so when i heard u pointing that out in one of your vids, it hit home real hard and it actually changed the way i started looking at replays.

Well that just warms my heart haha

+
# 13SN0WBL4CK May 13 2018, 17:36 PM
QUOTE(QuikSilwer @ May 13 2018, 16:56 PM) *

there's no such thing as a macro mistake. except when your cps ratio drops below 5

Getting elven archers and not having any pikes while your opponent is running around with 3 battalions of knights is a macro mistake no matter how you look at it. Unless making units doesn't fall into macro category (which i think it does) there are definitely a lot of mistakes to be made.

Or what about starting with a stable and barracks as your first 2 buildings? How is that not a macro mistake? Now obviously this example is just to prove a point, but there are definitely mistakes to be made in the macro category.

+
# 14StrayHeart May 13 2018, 17:56 PM
Hmm. In most of my recent games I ran into situation where I notice I lack good micro and winning battles. You cannot understimate micro. I got to a point where my macro and spam are equal or sometimes even better than top players I used to play the last year. One of the reasons I often lose my overall advantage is because I don't focus on hero battles ect.

+
# 15SilverBane May 13 2018, 19:17 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ May 13 2018, 20:56 PM) *

Hmm. In most of my recent games I ran into situation where I notice I lack good micro and winning battles. You cannot understimate micro. I got to a point where my macro and spam are equal or sometimes even better than top players I used to play the last year. One of the reasons I often lose my overall advantage is because I don't focus on hero battles ect.

im pretty much the opposite. Im pretty good at combats but i suck at zoning and building the right units at the right time.

+
# 16Atrimotion May 14 2018, 10:37 AM
Anyway focus on micro will take all your attention because you can always have a better micro. And if you focus on the macro you can still focus at least a bit on your micro. By this way of thinking I would firstly focus on my macro and secondly on my micro.

Macro is like the architecture of your game, the micro makes the game beautiful as your walls are well painted.

+
# 17SeñorEcthelion May 14 2018, 14:55 PM
I think the key is to have a good micro in 2-3 different places of the map while you can take care of your building and units production at same time.

+
# 18StrayHeart May 14 2018, 15:07 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ May 14 2018, 15:55 PM) *

I think the key is to have a good micro in 2-3 different places of the map while you can take care of your building and units production at same time.

Though u should not compare moba to rts, this is not a skill of a LoL player.

+
# 19DJ_Premier May 14 2018, 16:50 PM
I think the actual building of the troops is classed under macro, whereas deciding which unit to build is more strategy as it's inherently dependent on the situation of the game and what your opponent is doing (unless your just spamming gobs or sth). Either way i don't think you can define whether macro or micro is most important as it changes all the time, in a big battle micro is clearly more important so it is the main priority but if you are harassing/buying time to tech up, then macro is. Defining yourself as a micro/macro player is a bit weird too as everyone should aim to do both when needed tongue.gif.

+
# 20RanDoM'L0L May 14 2018, 18:53 PM
Strategy-macro, tactics-micro
Just like in real warfares, strategy is what wins them via tactics allowing good strategies to follow through.

Macro>micro, in literally any rts game thats worth a goddamn while

Edit-altho i gotta say, bfme2 made a really good effort in increasing the importance of micro almost to the level of macro importance, just not quite tho

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)