Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

New map: Circular Redzone Rampage

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1eXs.bikefan Oct 9 2018, 21:14 PM
I am proud to announce a new map I have been working now. It is called Circular Redzone Rampage.

Attached Image

With the last bit of competitve players having been driven off, I have decided to make "redzone maps" (maps that accentuate all the factors that Redzone has and that make Redzone Rampage what it is) in the future. With the game's current state, I believe Redzone Rampage is the key to the resurrection of this game and this map is the first step in that direction. Eventually, I hope to make at least 6 more redzone maps which would lead to a map pool of 8 redzone maps. This way we could have 8 different ranked Redzone Rampage maps and could even hold a true Redzone Cup with 8 different Redzone Rampage in the map pool instead of playing one Redzone Rampage map 24/7. Therefore, I encourage Redzone and non-players to download and play this map and give me valuable feedback, so that we can make this map a true masterpiece of map-making.

Circular Redzone Rampage is obviously inspired by Redzone Rampage , albeit with a few differences. Evidently, the the most outstanding difference is that the map, or to be more precise, the passable part of the map is formed in a circular fashion. Reason for this is to inject a sense of novelty into the game. Who says every map needs to be a square or rectangle? Circular Redzone Rampage is also somewhat larger than the original Redzone Rampage 1v1 (300x300 compared to 180x300 of its predecessor), offers 4 spikes for the players to fight for (2 per player), more terrain for the players to fight on and has even roads on it! However, an EMP center is not present. Circular Redzone Rampage offers 12 green tiberium fields, 2 blue fields and 4 spikes in total, which ensures you will literally never run out of money for the entirety of the game and it keeps the adrenaline pumping.

As with the original Redzone Rampage 1v1 both players start offwith a blue tib field. Players are advised to capturet their respective spikes first before going for refineries, or even before going for crane. The interesting "twist" about Circular Redzone Rampage is that you can creep towards either right or left side of map in a circular fashion. Whichever direction you choose is not that important since both players are equally distant from the center of the map. However, this "roulette mechanism" makes the map play out differently based on whether you and your opponent start creeping towards the same direction or not. Also, in case you get pushed off from one side by your opponent's overwhelming building spam, you can always escape towards the other direction.

During the past few weeks I have learned to include textures from other games into TW maps and to compile maps, which is necessary for displaying those new textures. Therfore, Circular Redzone Rampage is a compiled map that contains textures not included in TW, just like most community made 1.02+ maps in KW. Unfortunately, since it is a compiled map, it cannot be transferred in game and both players need to have it installed prior to starting game.

Check out the link below to see what the map looks like in a game against brutal AI. Unfortunately, since my PC is pretty old and can't handle massive unit spam, the game lagged a bit, but it still serves its purpose of showcasing the map. Additional screenshots are also below, as well as the download link for Circular Redzone Rampage.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached File Circular_Redzone_Rampage.rar
Size: 3.13mb
Number of downloads: 417

+
# 2Olli Oct 10 2018, 17:23 PM
Good Job! I`ve play it with Flok wink.gif
Thank you!

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3eXs.bikefan Oct 10 2018, 19:47 PM
Thanks. I hope ToxicShock will recognize the value of this map and add it to the ranked map pool along with the original Redzone Rampage 1v1. I mean, just from a visual standpoint it looks much better than its predecessor, and I only worked around an hour on it. Imagine what I could do in 10 hours! Gameplay-wise it is superior to its predecessor as well.

I have ideas for 6 more Redzone Rampage maps.

+
# 4Olli Oct 11 2018, 04:34 AM
I mean to recognize a certain ironic undertone 😉😁
Btw: basecrawlownz 😂

+
# 5eXs.bikefan Oct 11 2018, 09:49 AM
ToxicShock, can we add this to the ranked map pool? And in case we hold a community consultation/poll first, how many fake accounts am I allowed to make and vote with in order to influence the poll outcome into my favor before getting trouble with admins?

Circular Redzone Rampage is inspired by Redzone Rampage 1v1. This map and Redzone Rampage 1v1 is like daughter and mother. I do not see any reason to separate daughter and mother into unranked and ranked respectively.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Oct 11 2018, 09:54 AM

+
# 6phantom9399 Oct 11 2018, 11:56 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Oct 11 2018, 17:49 PM) *

ToxicShock, can we add this to the ranked map pool? And in case we hold a community consultation/poll first, how many fake accounts am I allowed to make and vote with in order to influence the poll outcome into my favor before getting trouble with admins?

Once again, we did not even look at the poll, we read the discussions that occurred.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 7eXs.bikefan Oct 11 2018, 12:46 PM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ Oct 11 2018, 11:56 AM) *

Once again, we did not even look at the poll, we read the discussions that occurred.

Then what do I have to do to make Circular Redzone Rampage ranked? Because I want it ranked. This is no joke.

The guidelines for a ranked map are worthless, since you did not give a damn about them when making Redzone ranked and told me in Discord that considering a map "unskilfull" is not enough to disqualify it. That is okay. However, what are the requirements then? Do I need 10 comments in my favor? Is simple "yes" majority in the comments enough? Do I need to host two tournaments on it? Or three? If so, then I'll host one this weekend immediately, and the second one next weekend. Do I need something else? Do people who support the map need to comment themselves, or can I leave a comment on their behalf?

Please give me a clear list of requirements a map needs to fulfill in order to make it ranked.

On a side note, it's clear that Circular Redzone Rampage deserves to be made ranked more than any other of my and Luvaskot's map that you are considering for ranked. Just look at download count. 18 downloads in a mere day and a half. Urban Roulette got 6 downloads in 2 months, and it is still candidate for ranked. 18 downloads in a day and a half.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Oct 11 2018, 13:00 PM

+
# 8nextonline Oct 11 2018, 19:36 PM
Looks nice

+
# 9Thanatos Oct 12 2018, 00:37 AM
is Tournament Redzone actually ranked?

+
# 10ToxicShock Oct 12 2018, 06:19 AM
Not presently (making a nonsense of the claim that that has caused a fall off in activity).

Clan: Mates First

+
# 11eXs.bikefan Oct 12 2018, 09:17 AM
QUOTE(ToxicShock @ Oct 12 2018, 06:19 AM) *

Not presently (making a nonsense of the claim that that has caused a fall off in activity).

5 months ago I would have actually argued with you and proven you wrong. However, now I know better. I know you have lost every touch with reality and live in an alternate universe of your own where Redzone Rampage is the best thing ever made and randyvectra1999 keeping the game alive. Therefore, words of reasoning are, unfortunately, wasted on you.

Also, you're trying to spin the story here. Redzone is ranked, you just did not publish it. It is a ranked, non-published map. But that is off topic.

All I am asking here is one thing: equal treatment. I want Circular Redzone Rampage ranked, just as onch onch wanted Redzone 1v1 ranked. What do I need to do for you to consider making it ranked? All I want is a list of requirements. What do I have to do to make this map ranked? Do I need to join staff 1 month prior to making this request like onch onch did and do nothing 99% of the time while licking you know whose you know what there?

I just want to know what I need to do in order to get a map ranked. Is this such a hard question? I want the map ranked, but I do not know what I need to do to make it ranked because you are not telling me, despite me asking multiple times. How can I make it meet the requirements if you never tell me what the requirements are?

24 downloads in 2 days. Even Tech's maps did not get so many downloads until they got included in 1.02+. I am smashing the stats sheet here, and you just keep quiet and ignore my request.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Oct 12 2018, 09:22 AM

+
# 12eXs.bikefan Oct 13 2018, 10:08 AM
Why are double standards applied to me?

A guy asked for a Redzone 1v1 vote to make it ranked and he got it.

I am asking for Circular Redzone Rampage to get a vote to make it ranked and I get silence.

+
# 13eXs.bikefan Oct 14 2018, 19:09 PM
Hello!?

There's a user here who would like to know the answer to his question.

All I want is that the community votes whether they want this ranked. What's the issue with that?

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Oct 14 2018, 19:51 PM

+
# 14eXs.bikefan Oct 15 2018, 20:45 PM
Bump.

+
# 15eXs.bikefan Oct 16 2018, 19:01 PM
ToxicShock, why so quiet? I am not asking for anything that you have not already given to onch onch.

+
# 16Olli Oct 17 2018, 20:52 PM
i tell you why: you may have some downloads, but no one plays it - it isn`t populare like the other mad map wink.gif

+
# 17eXs.bikefan Oct 17 2018, 21:16 PM
QUOTE(Olli @ Oct 17 2018, 20:52 PM) *

i tell you why: you may have some downloads, but no one plays it - it isn`t populare like the other mad map wink.gif

That's not the issue. My other maps and the ones Luvaskot made ain't played as well, yet he's (as far as I know) considering them for ranked. Besides, if he let me know how many people I need to have them playing I could meet that requirement, but he won't tell no matter what I do. He won't tell me because he knows this is an abomination and does not want it into ranked. But he spammed Redzone when he was active, so he wants that abomination in ranked.

If you make the only criteria that the map is played in the community, then you can't make anything else except for Redzone Rampage ranked since Redzone onemappers have made everyone leave and have the majority. And of course they would not be called Redzone onemappers if they would not be playing Redzone 24/7. A Redzone player will never play anything aside of Redzone Rampage. That is what makes him a redzone onemapper.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Oct 17 2018, 21:31 PM

+
# 18-Sjon Oct 18 2018, 12:53 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Oct 14 2018, 19:09 PM) *

Hello!?

There's a user here who would like to know the answer to his question.

All I want is that the community votes whether they want this ranked. What's the issue with that?

I think the problem is people dont like your attitude smile.gif Your profile picture says it all. If people like you, they will follow you.

+
# 19eXs.bikefan Oct 18 2018, 17:52 PM
QUOTE(-Sjon @ Oct 18 2018, 12:53 PM) *

I think the problem is people dont like your attitude smile.gif Your profile picture says it all. If people like you, they will follow you.

Don't waste your time redzone onemapper. You cannot comprehend this. By the way, google "repeating same thing over and over" and see what is says about you.

+
# 20-Sjon Oct 18 2018, 22:10 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Oct 18 2018, 17:52 PM) *

Don't waste your time redzone onemapper. You cannot comprehend this. By the way, google "repeating same thing over and over" and see what is says about you.

Yeah, you just proved my point smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)