Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

New players with no con

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1inselaffe Aug 9 2019, 10:40 AM
Gents, every now and then we seem to get an influx of new players but when they come to play online they always join the room but never have any connection, they ask how to fix this and I just say its probaby a firewall issue.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it as I would hate to think these people give up and dont bother with the game as we need as many players as possible to keep this game going.

Many thanks

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Leikeze Aug 9 2019, 23:49 PM
We get this in ZH all day long; For the most part people are having issues due to IPv4 changing to IPv6, which can be gotten around thanks to VPNs.

If that's the same issue people are having, then a VPN will resolve it.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: Age of Empires 4

+
# 3bosnaboy Aug 11 2019, 10:47 AM
That is the reason I choose other games over C&C right now. It is so inconvenient to always have to start VPN and find a remote server that works. sad.gif

+
# 4Leikeze Aug 11 2019, 12:14 PM
QUOTE(bosnaboy @ Aug 11 2019, 06:47 AM) *

That is the reason I choose other games over C&C right now. It is so inconvenient to always have to start VPN and find a remote server that works. sad.gif

If you play on GameRanger you don't often need a VPN, but that's a heavy step down from online, and has only noobs if any players.

+
# 5phantom9399 Aug 12 2019, 03:38 AM
One of the reason's why they are not getting good connections is because the newer players are using pirated versions of the games which can cause issues with connections (and on the server side as well)

Clan: FeaR

+
# 6derand411 Aug 12 2019, 08:51 AM
Pirated versions cause issues? From my experience pirated versions are the same as original in terms od multiplayer

+
# 7inselaffe Aug 12 2019, 09:00 AM
So not being technical minded, when they join a room and they have no connection I need to tell them to sort out their VPN?

+
# 8bosnaboy Aug 12 2019, 16:10 PM
I have a Steam version that I bought. I think it has more to do with the ISPN provider the players are using, since some ISPN providers block some ports and also block connections to some regions.

+
# 9Leikeze Aug 12 2019, 22:15 PM
The game costs less than a meal at McDonald's anymore, so using a pirated version isn't that tempting, but even if you do, I've never seen the pirated version of a game cause issues online without it being a FOS version.

+
# 10RandomnessFt Aug 13 2019, 14:41 PM
I have my game on steam and I had con problem. When I used free VPN software and open it, then in kw go to Settings ---> Network then chose the Online IP to the number that is the same as the VPN. You have to do it just the first time then it will automatically set the Online IP if you open VPN software before kw.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)