Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

Official CCG Retirement - BigD

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1BigDDesireN Sep 28 2021, 08:53 AM
Hey people,

It's time. I've tricked myself for too long and kept saying I'd come back at some point but it's not a thing. From this point on I will never play another game of CCG or ZH. Doesn't mean I won't watch or commentate on but it's over.

As a super noob years ago all I ever wanted to do was be able to compete with the best. I practiced and than I did, and I was considered one of the best. But life hits you and I wasn't as naturally gifted as so many players around me who were just awesome. Rarley, murder, skynny, there's more to come I will post a much well more rounded out post. However this game draws you back. Weather ccg or zh it's just such an amazing game and as much as all players hate each other we all know how amazing this game is.

Thank you guys but from this point forward I'll never play another game of ccg or zh again. Doesn't mean I won't watch or commentate potentionally but my "career" is done. There's more coming just for me to thank the people but it's out there. Love my homies. If anyone can find John87 I think he disappeared years ago. Lmk

Clan: Digital Militia

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2ScOtSmAn Sep 29 2021, 14:07 PM
Have fun and good luck Justin wub.gif

Clan: iWuB

+
# 3krew Oct 2 2021, 14:48 PM
Yea, I really tried to get back into it myself. I just could not. Ended up disappearing again.

If you would have posted this 15 years ago, we all would have seen you back the next day. But it was a looooong run. Consider this my official retirement post too.

love everyone in the last 15 years.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 4Mp3 Oct 4 2021, 03:06 AM
QUOTE(BigDDesireN @ Sep 28 2021, 03:53 AM) *
[...]
As a super noob years ago all I ever wanted to do was be able to compete with the best. I practiced and than I did, and I was considered one of the best. But life hits you and I wasn't as naturally gifted as so many players around me who were just awesome. Rarley, murder, skynny, there's more to come I will post a much well more rounded out post. However this game draws you back. Weather ccg or zh it's just such an amazing game and as much as all players hate each other we all know how amazing this game is.

As someone who is new to the CCG scene I would like to ask you this question: when you just started playing, what was your motivation to become a competitive player and how did you do it?

The last part of your post is what I sympathize with the most. No matter the flamewars, dicking around, and some occasional heated arguments, it [the game] brings us back together.

QUOTE(krew @ Oct 2 2021, 09:48 AM) *
[...]
If you would have posted this 15 years ago, we all would have seen you back the next day. But it was a looooong run. Consider this my official retirement post too.
[...]

I still remember the first time I saw your gameplay on GensGentlemens channel and thinking "wow, that guy can rush pretty fast. Curious how he's doing it?!". biggrin.gif It was great viewing how some of the CCG players, including you, adapted to a new patch (which was 1.06 at the time), making ggs on it as though they've only played ZH. Those casts inspired me in getting to know the game better and try out something new in it, like mods and mod/mission maps.

This post has been edited by Mp3: Oct 4 2021, 03:15 AM

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5ScOtSmAn Oct 4 2021, 15:56 PM
QUOTE(Mp3 @ Oct 4 2021, 04:06 AM) *

As someone who is new to the CCG scene I would like to ask you this question: when you just started playing, what was your motivation to become a competitive player and how did you do it?

Mine was clanwars and gamereplays community it was very different back then and as for getting good spamming games vs the best players 50% of the time to challenge yourself and then playing Viking, Justin, murder, squaak etc the rest of the time for confidence boosting wins (and evening out the all important stats)

+
# 6atmosFear1 Oct 6 2021, 18:33 PM
tbh the community make this Game so great!

Good Luck in your decisions justin

+
# 7krew Oct 8 2021, 02:08 AM
QUOTE(Mp3 @ Oct 3 2021, 21:06 PM) *

The last part of your post is what I sympathize with the most. No matter the flamewars, dicking around, and some occasional heated arguments, it [the game] brings us back together.
I still remember the first time I saw your gameplay on GensGentlemens channel and thinking "wow, that guy can rush pretty fast. Curious how he's doing it?!". biggrin.gif It was great viewing how some of the CCG players, including you, adapted to a new patch (which was 1.06 at the time), making ggs on it as though they've only played ZH. Those casts inspired me in getting to know the game better and try out something new in it, like mods and mod/mission maps.

I really enjoyed that patch. I'd play some if it was popular. The balance made CCG players adapt and play very well pretty quickly. Default ZH is just way too imbalanced. To get good at it, one must play top level games for a year of spam. Just not very doable for adults, and definitely not fun.
QUOTE(ScOtSmAn @ Oct 4 2021, 09:56 AM) *

Mine was clanwars and gamereplays community it was very different back then and as for getting good spamming games vs the best players 50% of the time to challenge yourself and then playing Viking, Justin, murder, squaak etc the rest of the time for confidence boosting wins (and evening out the all important stats)

You could gamble that murder would have something to say after every single loss and win the bet every single time.

+
# 8Murder- Oct 10 2021, 13:04 PM
QUOTE(krew @ Oct 8 2021, 04:08 AM) *

I really enjoyed that patch. I'd play some if it was popular. The balance made CCG players adapt and play very well pretty quickly. Default ZH is just way too imbalanced. To get good at it, one must play top level games for a year of spam. Just not very doable for adults, and definitely not fun.

You could gamble that murder would have something to say after every single loss and win the bet every single time.

I use to be like that, yea.

Justin your topic gives me a lot of emotions to be honest. I have had some great moments with you guys on this game during my puberty and adolescency. I considered you my friends back then. I talked more with you guys then my actual friends back then.

I have the same issue as you, Justin. I had planned a comeback last September. But i'm just far too busy. I don't know where to gather the time. I will try to come online here and there, but can't promise anything.

@Justin @Krew @danzor @rarely @spell & whoever I might have forgotten: It was great. Thanks for being there during a difficult era of my life. Thank you for the kind words Justin. Despite my ego, I never considered myself to be naturally gifted at CCG. I never looked at myself like that. Untill your kind words.

Hope to catch you online in the upcoming holiday in two weeks.

PS. I teach History these days! w00t.gif

+
# 9meany Oct 17 2021, 10:01 AM
Good luck man! Sad no one is interested in playing zero hour. You can have a lot of fun when you get used to it.

This post has been edited by meany: Oct 17 2021, 10:04 AM

+
# 10krew Oct 19 2021, 17:21 PM
QUOTE(meany @ Oct 17 2021, 04:01 AM) *

Good luck man! Sad no one is interested in playing zero hour. You can have a lot of fun when you get used to it.

Get used to knowing who wins at the loading screen?

+
# 11BigDDesireN Oct 24 2021, 02:38 AM
Thanks brothers! I love you all.

Message me privately if you want, we can share contact info.

Murder this is a [DM] order for you. Message me, I want your balls in my face.

Honestly these 2 games are so amazing, and I almost feel bad that the rest of the gaming world besides the few thousands who really got a chance to love these 2 games. Those thousands and thousands and millions of the gaming RTS community will never have any idea how great of a thing we all experienced. And ZH is still live and popping 17 years later and that is awesome. EA did great when it came to these games. Thank you, love you all.

+
# 12Murder- Nov 2 2021, 17:23 PM
This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or their personal messenger inbox is full.

This personal message has not been sent

your inbox noob.

+
# 13BigDDesireN Nov 4 2021, 05:56 AM
Ahh damn just thousands of players messaging me jammed it up. There's space now

+
# 14-Prokilla' Nov 5 2021, 02:30 AM
QUOTE(BigDDesireN @ Sep 28 2021, 00:53 AM) *

Hey people,

It's time. I've tricked myself for too long and kept saying I'd come back at some point but it's not a thing. From this point on I will never play another game of CCG or ZH. Doesn't mean I won't watch or commentate on but it's over.

Thank you guys but from this point forward I'll never play another game of ccg or zh again. Doesn't mean I won't watch or commentate potentionally but my "career" is done. There's more coming just for me to thank the people but it's out there. Love my homies. If anyone can find John87 I think he disappeared years ago. Lmk

Justin.. I personally want to thank you for having my back for along time, and also calling me out when i was in the wrong. You're a cool dude with a good heart, don't ever change that. You have my phone number, so keep in contact once in awhile, even if it's just a FU Dan lol
Take care brother !

@Krew .. Chris same thing that i said to Justin applies to you. Take care of yourself & drop a line once in awhile.
Peace & stay safe !

This post has been edited by -Prokilla': Nov 5 2021, 02:34 AM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)