Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Passive ability buttons

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1im_nameless Mar 2 2019, 22:59 PM
Hello!
Some abilities of units and buildings in the game are indicated only in the description
for example: аt v8.0.0 for sentry tower you have added the passive ability to detect hidden enemies, but as in the case of "flamingmunitions" and "stoneworks" for the sentry tower, you wrote about this only in the description

why not make empty buttons and add them to the palantir of abilities where they will be visible? sentry tower has 4 empty cells for buttons
for example:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

as you can see, the Dwarven Stonework icon is displayed incorrectly
Attached Image

what is it for?

How often do you read skill descriptions? you cannot remember the ability by reading a patchout once
if you have not played for a long time it will be necessary to remember and re-memorize everything

take for example a berserk, maybe not everyone knows, but this unit can dodge arrows and this chance equals to 80% and this is a passive ability of a unit, but it is hidden
in this case, you need to first learn about this ability of the unit and only then remember it

if passive abilities are displayed in a similar way, it will be easier to remember them

What do you think about it?

I apologize for the errors, translated with the help of Google translator
Thanks for attention!

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Excelsior Mar 3 2019, 02:10 AM
Hello! I've been considering the implementation of passive buttons for the Fort upgrades. As for stealth detection, we'd probably have to implement it across the board if we do so here. The tooltip on the spell icon is pretty clear anyway. It's not a bad idea though. What icon is that for stealth detection? Is it unused?

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 3im_nameless Mar 3 2019, 09:08 AM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Mar 3 2019, 02:10 AM) *

Hello! I've been considering the implementation of passive buttons for the Fort upgrades. As for stealth detection, we'd probably have to implement it across the board if we do so here. The tooltip on the spell icon is pretty clear anyway. It's not a bad idea though. What icon is that for stealth detection? Is it unused?

icon name: Strategic_ToggleDetails
Attached Image

I did a search on ini 2.01 and ini bfme2 this icon was not found anywhere
perhaps the icon is not used

This post has been edited by im_nameless: Mar 3 2019, 10:32 AM

+
# 4Michael Gladius Mar 4 2019, 19:09 PM
I like the idea of using the palantir to display passive abilities. I'm not so sure about detection of stealthed units (reminds me of Warcraft 3 too much), but the principle is still the same.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)