Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Peasys Farmers (Campaign Mission) made by Incia

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Incia Sep 16 2020, 01:45 AM
Peasys Farmers

The farmers are more helpful then you might have thought.

It's supposed to be tricky, and I guess as with all campaign missions the difficulty comes when you have limited money. I cheesed my own mission so I know it's at least possible, but will be fun to hear how you others beat it. The fun accident with this mission was that you get access to both factions when you capture the GDI CY. I used Advanced Guard Towers and Nod Turrets, cheap alternatives and good versus everything.

Campaign tech trees and units obviously (so GDI Weapons Factory has APC).

Keep an eye on your original starting position whenever you hear reinforcements have arrived. Someone who played my previous mission ignored the reinforced units.

PS: I might suck at this game cause I 'nerfed' the difficulty so I could beat it on Normal. If anyone for some reason still finds this too easy on hard then I just spawn 50 Mammoth Tanks into your face and make you instantly lose in the next version. smile.gif

Have fun!

This post has been edited by Incia: Sep 16 2020, 01:54 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File PeasysFarmers.zip
Size: 459.17k
Number of downloads: 3
Player Name Side Team

Clan: Wordscapes Players

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2JulzzZ Sep 16 2020, 06:34 AM
ooo this looks great!

I don't genuinely like playing new missions on hard as I feel it takes the fun out of units, but I may as well try on hard tongue.gif

I will play tonight and let you know!

ooo also, civilians do literally no damage on hard, so we will see if this is possible with some micro tongue.gif

This post has been edited by JulzzZ: Sep 16 2020, 06:39 AM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3JulzzZ Sep 16 2020, 11:44 AM
Ok this was hard.. on hard tongue.gif

Civilians can't do damage so I had to use them to tank!

Wasn't really a 'puzzle' but definitely good stuff in here.

For some reason I wasn't getting any money from capping full silos, but w/e.

The pressure was good, with airstrikes it might be even harder!! biggrin.gif

Damn your ion cannon trigger on the WF *shakes fist*

Overall I had lots of fun, I defended with turrets, agt and mammys, then overwhelmed them in the end wink.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

+
# 4Incia Sep 16 2020, 12:09 PM
Awww took my defense idea biggrin.gif yeah the Ion cannon pops the Obelisk (1500) everytime, no money to keep rebuilding it. So that was the best defense composition I could find.

Hahahhahah, I'm glad the Ion cannon killed your WF. biggrin.gif

Well not sure what to call it if not puzzle, 'tanking' with civilians to use Stank for the damage is kinda a puzzle. smile.gif 1 hit from rocket soldiers will insta kill the Stank otherwise.

Hmm, interesting to defend with mammoths though, I spent all my money on stealth tanks and Nuke to 'cheese' the AI, but I guess going mobile and tanky is easier biggrin.gif

PS: Don't tell me you beat this on first try? (at least tell me you died a few times so I feel I did a good job this time)

This post has been edited by Incia: Sep 16 2020, 12:18 PM

+
# 5JulzzZ Sep 17 2020, 00:48 AM
I did this on my second go BUT it was mainly cause civilians cant kill infantry on hard tongue.gif

The first time I played it for a general feel, then I played it for real. It did take me over an hour tho so that's very good smile.gif

Also the ion cannon didn't get my WF the second time, I had built an AGT then captured it so the ion cannon focused my AGT tongue.gif

And your strategy of Turrets/AGTs???? I did this years ago as a kid biggrin.gif Plus the SSM's made it so much easier to defend when I didn't have AGT's up! Mammys are just easier to defend with, with the self heal and good dmg. Still was fairly hard on hard though, cause my units and defenses all alot weaker.

Was really hard making the harvesters go to the correct refinery, also was weird seeing buildings my colour that weren't mine tongue.gif

+
# 6Incia Sep 17 2020, 01:10 AM
Yeah that little base was 'multi6', for some reason it's same color, hmm. Also from looking at your minimap you missed the one hidden multi6 Weapons Factory, but guess you killed it last. tongue.gif

Years ago? I never had control of both factions, this was a first for me. biggrin.gif At least on an actual map where you are supposed to be both factions. I first thought about Obelisk + Guard Tower, but that was a pretty bad combo. Adv Guard Tower + Turrets seemed a lot better.

I have to be honest and I died myself 1 time cause harvester went instantly over the triggers to the wrong tiberium field sleep.gif then I thought that's a nice little detail you have to pay attention to.

But glad you had fun!

+
# 7JulzzZ Sep 17 2020, 03:02 AM
There was a few missions in Special Ops (N64 version probs) where GDI have a cyard alone with like an AGT, so I did it alot tongue.gif

I did see the WF, but was no point in me getting it so I just killed it biggrin.gif

Was lots of good fun, looking forward to the next wink.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)