Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Please list all known Bugs/exploits that needs to be fixed.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1dukejason Apr 8 2021, 14:49 PM
I want to compile a list of known bugs/exploits in coh 1 that needs to be fixed.

I personally would like to see the removal of the bars in multiplayer search. Please add any known bugs to this topic. This is not a balance topic. You can include units whos functionality is impacted due to a bug.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2djw2104 Apr 8 2021, 17:38 PM
A bug is the Staghound machine gun as there is no reload or cool down. Plus the infamous M10 misfire bug.

Plus the retreat to Captain which can be a game-changer.

Bar-counters. There are also some exploits where some players have used "scripts" to their advantage.

Have a look here. Some have been discussed at length but not made available to the wider membership in case they decide to use them.

Game: None

+
# 3miegorengwithprawns Apr 13 2021, 21:58 PM
QUOTE(dukejason @ Apr 9 2021, 00:49 AM) *

I want to compile a list of known bugs/exploits in coh 1 that needs to be fixed.

I personally would like to see the removal of the bars in multiplayer search. Please add any known bugs to this topic. This is not a balance topic. You can include units whos functionality is impacted due to a bug.

My comments relate primarily to 1v1 online balance.

AFAIC the whole final patch was a 'bug'. Prior to it, the game was still flawed, but far better balanced. Clearly its purpose was to imbalance the game as a less than subtle coercion to drive former COH(1) players over to their new DLC cash cow, COH2.

I suspect that there were two other factors in the 'final patch' decision too. One was to render the extant game appealing to the North American domestic demographic, and the other, can be seen in the politically correct nomenclature and symbolism assigned both German 'factions' and mega-nerfing of PE.

In short.

The buff to Brits was/is absurdity ad nauseam, and don't even try to tell me the invariably abused still bugged semi-indestructable turbo-charged never stops firing or supressing and Brit Stag like the deliberately bugged T17 high fire rate one shot one skill at the time of TOV's release fixed only after sales of TOV had been exhausted, wasn't deliberate.

Similarly, that patch's mega fragility and inefficacy nerf of everything PE was beyond downright shameful -and deliberate.

Wehr were always against the momentum clock in 1v1, exacerbated by the majority of small map selection choices ad infinitum in the 1v1 rotation. Not a lot to change there, except more, if subtler, nerfs.

Americans now are just BS. I mean FFS, as if they weren't always advantaged by e.g. blob decimating strafe, instarfire offboard arty, onboard artillery with the range of an ICBM, never miss self guiding ridiculous range always disable German vehicle 'sticky bombs" to permit their finishing off with ease! Insta-kill blast standard grenades with the effect of a tactical nuclear explosion compared even to Wehr's, BAR suppression which goes on forever applicable to multiple attacking squads forcing tactical withdrawal of the entire force or decimation. Compare these for instance with PE's hand thrown magnetic anti-tank mine, "please stand still for 30 seconds and die for me" incendiary grenades and inane nanosecond of focus fire applicable only to an individual targeted squad and the necessary micro of it compared to e.g. BAR SF BS.

The whole 'final patch' was is a deliberate (imbalance) bug.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4twinArmageddons May 9 2021, 20:44 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Apr 13 2021, 21:58 PM) *

AFAIC the whole final patch was a 'bug'. Prior to it, the game was still flawed, but far better balanced. Clearly its purpose was to imbalance the game as a less than subtle coercion to drive former COH(1) players over to their new DLC cash cow, COH2.

I suspect that there were two other factors in the 'final patch' decision too. One was to render the extant game appealing to the North American domestic demographic, and the other, can be seen in the politically correct nomenclature and symbolism assigned both German 'factions' and mega-nerfing of PE.

In short.

The buff to Brits was/is absurdity ad nauseam, and don't even try to tell me the invariably abused still bugged semi-indestructable turbo-charged never stops firing or supressing and Brit Stag like the deliberately bugged T17 high fire rate one shot one skill at the time of TOV's release fixed only after sales of TOV had been exhausted, wasn't deliberate.

Similarly, that patch's mega fragility and inefficacy nerf of everything PE was beyond downright shameful -and deliberate.

Wehr were always against the momentum clock in 1v1, exacerbated by the majority of small map selection choices ad infinitum in the 1v1 rotation. Not a lot to change there, except more, if subtler, nerfs.

Americans now are just BS. I mean FFS, as if they weren't always advantaged by e.g. blob decimating strafe, instarfire offboard arty, onboard artillery with the range of an ICBM, never miss self guiding ridiculous range always disable German vehicle 'sticky bombs" to permit their finishing off with ease! Insta-kill blast standard grenades with the effect of a tactical nuclear explosion compared even to Wehr's, BAR suppression which goes on forever applicable to multiple attacking squads forcing tactical withdrawal of the entire force or decimation. Compare these for instance with PE's hand thrown magnetic anti-tank mine, "please stand still for 30 seconds and die for me" incendiary grenades and inane nanosecond of focus fire applicable only to an individual targeted squad and the necessary micro of it compared to e.g. BAR SF BS.

im pretty sure PE got buffed compared to the previous patch, in particular volley fire is complete BS, insta-suppression and it slows down retreating squads

but yeah the stag bug is a mess, the entire british faction is such a goddamn mess and tales of valor only made it worse, because before the stag it was the kangaroo

+
# 5miegorengwithprawns May 19 2021, 22:24 PM
QUOTE(twinArmageddons @ May 10 2021, 06:44 AM) *

im pretty sure PE got buffed compared to the previous patch, in particular volley fire is complete BS, insta-suppression and it slows down retreating squads

but yeah the stag bug is a mess, the entire british faction is such a goddamn mess and tales of valor only made it worse, because before the stag it was the kangaroo

PE didn't get buffed in the 'final patch', they got UBERNERFED.

How exactly is PE Volley Fire "BS", compared directly for instance with US Suppression Fire?

Unlike US suppression fire by a single US squad which pins every PE squad within LOS, PE Volley Fire by any PE squad impacts only a single targeted US or Brit squad. And, reducing the damage (kill) efficacy (volley fire reduces the G43s damage by 85%) of the squad applying it, it is pointless unless accompanied by other PE squads who can kill during its duration!

Most abysmally, unlike US suppression fire, its duration is now .n of a nanosecond. It used to be longer (20 seconds) and still should be. As it is now, all it is good for is to coerce a single targeted squad to retreat. Worst of all, it has a horrendous 'cooldown' timeout before it can be reused. Even though this can eventually be reduced by upgrading to Def Ops at HQ at the horrendous cost of a whopping 30 fuel plus a token 150MP, PGs still have to return to HQ to avail the accelerated cooldown unless paying a further 260MP for a Reinforce Point and returning to it or remaining within its proximity, or alternatively building a vulnerable and useless Muni Wagon with utterly useless auto-pathing & which can't cue mine-laying rendering that an equally pointless ridiculous micro unit, again with the same proximity requirement. Schwimms are the unit for that, restricted by the caveat they require Armor doctrine to perform that role. All of this is far more critical in 1v1 online where maps are small and momentum so critically important.

Stags health & mobility right down to the last 1% of it is ridiculous, and bugged Stags are just an utter disgrace. Don't tell me Relic didn't introduce that bug deliberately just to coerce players to move to COH2 just as they deliberately released the rapid firing one shot one kill uber-T17 when TOV originally released to coerce people fed up with the T17 BS to buy it and joint the T17 party.

+
# 6Volkl Sep 17 2021, 17:32 PM
Paks should not provide green cover. This is particularly bad because it can give away a unit that is supposed to be cloaked. Plus maphackers cite this as an excuse for shelling otherwise unrevealed paks.

A destroyed ket should not block infantry from crossing a footbridge. A favorite tactic on Hochwald. Making a half-constructed ghost trap to stop the block should not be required.

Recoil-less rifles frequently miss ACs...hard to see this being intentional.

I can think of two other PE related exploits which are not widely known so I will not detail here unless and until a bugfix is confirmed.

The list of severe balance issues is considerably longer and more interesting.

+
# 7Volkl Dec 12 2021, 08:30 AM
When selected squad dies, a new squad is auto-selected. This is infuriating when not only does the desired squad not retreat in time, but a full health squad ends up retreating instead.

Retreat to captain works regardless of where the captain is, including the enemy base. This is NOT retreating.

The Victor Target ability of the captain ignores any cooldown and is a free extra round of barrages for what are already OP'd units. Victor target should only extend the range of the arty at most. I regard this as an exploit but some may see it as balance.

This post has been edited by Volkl: Dec 12 2021, 08:34 AM

+
# 8regnar1194 Dec 20 2021, 20:49 PM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ Apr 13 2021, 17:58 PM) *

In short.

Everything he said!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)