Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Post a RenWars replay, win $10!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1cnc315d34d Dec 28 2015, 03:10 AM
I'm looking to rev up some activity on RenWars, which is still a WIP/under development/beta version - I need feedback in order to complete and release this mod map

I know 99% KW players here simply think its a waste of time or some trash mod that was made by some unknown/clueless creator who never even plays KW... so I'm willing to compensate your precious lost time by paying for your lunch (or tea, whatever is worth $10)

rules are pretty simple:
- play a game of RenWars with human players, not AIs (except the AIs for the base positions ofc)
- post a replay
- post some feedback here on what you think of the game mode, how it can be improved, why you think its a shit mod etc

if the replay is good, and your feedback constructive, you get $10 (PM paypal details to me)

multiple good replays/ridiculously awesome feedback = you get more than $10

DOWNLOAD RENEGADE WARS MAP HERE!

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2incapaisa Dec 28 2015, 04:09 AM
lol...

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 3AggressivePanda Dec 28 2015, 12:04 PM
QUOTE(incapaisa @ Dec 28 2015, 04:09 AM) *

lol...

+1

Clan: FeaR

+
# 4Thanatos Dec 28 2015, 12:44 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Dec 28 2015, 22:04 PM) *

+1

+2

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5Egozi44 Dec 28 2015, 13:51 PM
I think you underestimate yourself my friend. ..

Many dev groups know you as sage creator (not the engine's name ofc ^^), I won't lie some also not see you as the most friendly human being (ouch) but know your work and talent

While I dk your skill/experience at gaming I do know that you and perador making some amazing mods and maps that no one done so far or can achieve like you did

Good creators usually need to think outside the box, while playing is important as long as you understand the logic in your brain you not Must to play every day in order
to build mod that can make people have fun (though it is necessary but not always to extreme level, it all depend on the person)

I willing to test the mod for free but I don't have much free time, btw any chance we ganna see rar ver of this mod? (Without installer) aside from me I know other paranoid people out there who don't want to touch stutf with installer xD

+
# 6cnc315d34d Dec 28 2015, 15:05 PM
playing with others is the only way to enjoy this mod map, unfortunately

if you play vs a bunch of bots or just 'test' some stuff, it is honestly the worst/most pointless/boring/mindnumbingly stupid map created.... ever

the fun only begins when you start playing the map at a semi-competitive level with other players, when you start feeling the 'pressure' of fighting them, the pressure to outplay, the pressure to outsmart, the pressure to win -- the same reasons anyone who has played KW online for >5 years like me would understand

and thats why i will pay/greatly appreciate anyone who shares my mindset and is prepared to get 'into' it

+
# 7AggressivePanda Dec 28 2015, 15:11 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Dec 28 2015, 15:05 PM) *

and thats why i will pay/greatly appreciate anyone who shares my mindset and is prepared to get 'into' it

So if I agree with you I get lots of $$$? I could make a business out of this laugh.gif

Kappa

+
# 8BobbyMacBob Dec 28 2015, 17:33 PM
QUOTE(Dimitery @ Dec 28 2015, 05:44 AM) *

+2

+3

+
# 9BobbyMacBob Dec 28 2015, 17:35 PM
I do not have any decent replays other than from like really really early beta when I helped test RenWars, but I can offer some feedback from what I saw (that wasn't answered). I felt like the game after the update where you added the different locations of shops became way too hectic, making it hard to push lanes properly without having to move out of your lane like every 2 minutes. The result of it was me quitting RenWars, but yeah thats my feedback.

+
# 10cnc315d34d Dec 28 2015, 17:59 PM
i dont understand your point - too 'hectic' in what sense? you mean too repetitive? monotonous? or actually having 'too much to do'?

why do you have to move out of your lane every 2 min? if its because of low health/energy, do you know about regen/energy pods? or double-wormholing to quickly regen in base and return? you know wormhole and strato carryalls allow easy mobility around the map?

+
# 11incapaisa Dec 28 2015, 18:43 PM
You damaged your own mod by constantly changing and patching..

it did not need a weekly update..and sometimes u updated sooner..

You need to let the meta actually develop..

I feel as the creator u got to Personally involved..

so one day u say..i don't like this..i don't like that..then u go and change..

and while u think the patching is worthwhile..it fragments your players and piss them off having to update and update..

there was nothing groundbreaking OP...u just was to finicky man...

I would like to see this mod succeed but honestly as nice as it was you were its downfall too..

resorting to bribing...lol..

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 12IISpartacus Dec 28 2015, 18:53 PM
Perhaps you could elaborate on what you're looking for from the feedback (ie. current hero balance, game speed, depth of strategy, map layout, etc.). It sounds from your workplace thread that you have very specific intentions for gameplay, so having a better idea of "what" you're looking for from the feedback would make the effort more worthwhile imo.

For what it's worth, I would be more than happy to provide some replays with feedback for free. That is provided that it's not going to be wholly disregarded because I'm not a "pro player" in KW (as I've been spending a fair bit of time playing LoL over the last year). If you're only looking for pro-feedback, then just let me know and I'll save us both the time.

+
# 13cnc315d34d Dec 28 2015, 19:16 PM
im mostly looking for feedback on gameplay mechanics, feel and pace -

does the game 'feel' fun?
does it flow well?
does it feel like theres some interesting strats to it?
is there enough variation in gameplay?
do things feel intuitive enough?
etc

balance is harder to judge but its something that can be tweaked anytime, so its not my primary concern

+
# 14AggressivePanda Dec 28 2015, 19:59 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Dec 28 2015, 19:16 PM) *

im mostly looking for feedback on gameplay mechanics, feel and pace -

does the game 'feel' fun?
does it flow well?
does it feel like theres some interesting strats to it?
is there enough variation in gameplay?
do things feel intuitive enough?
etc

balance is harder to judge but its something that can be tweaked anytime, so its not my primary concern

I will do it for free like I always have smile.gif

+
# 15Egozi44 Dec 29 2015, 13:00 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Dec 28 2015, 17:05 PM) *

playing with others is the only way to enjoy this mod map, unfortunately

if you play vs a bunch of bots or just 'test' some stuff, it is honestly the worst/most pointless/boring/mindnumbingly stupid map created.... ever

the fun only begins when you start playing the map at a semi-competitive level with other players, when you start feeling the 'pressure' of fighting them, the pressure to outplay, the pressure to outsmart, the pressure to win -- the same reasons anyone who has played KW online for >5 years like me would understand

I meant to it in general

In the map you and predator made it different matter since it map that have completely different gameplay and was made for MP (only? I didn't knew that AI can work with it aside the map scripts you made)

So real players review is needed, my point was that you should not look down on yourself as a modder since you seem to know your thing (in general at least)

+
# 16IISpartacus Jan 7 2016, 15:33 PM
CGF, do you have any replays that can be viewed? I haven't seen anything on the system here and was hoping to check out a replay or two this week. It doesn't have to be astonishing gameplay, nor am I intending to cast it. Just want to check out a replay if possible.

+
# 17cnc315d34d Jan 8 2016, 14:49 PM
wish id saved versions along with each replay i posted on the brainstorm thread, but heres one... there may be a few more in that thread

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...975&st=780#

i genuinely believe this map has shittons of competitive potential if it gets a little help/interest from the playerbase, yet only a fraction of this potential has been uncovered so far

my plan is to release the map in public soon, since i realise theres not much else i can do to boost popularity

if you are going to be watching replays, please do me a favour and take screenshots -- i really need a few good ones (depicting action) to post on my moddb etc page when i launch it

+
# 18IISpartacus Jan 8 2016, 14:53 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Jan 8 2016, 09:49 AM) *

wish id saved versions along with each replay i posted on the brainstorm thread, but heres one... there may be a few more in that thread

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...975&st=780#
i genuinely believe this map has shittons of competitive potential if it gets a little help/interest from the playerbase, yet only a fraction of this potential has been uncovered so far

my plan is to release the map in public soon, since i realise theres not much else i can do to boost popularity
if you are going to be watching replays, please do me a favour and take screenshots -- i really need a few good ones (depicting action) to post on my moddb etc page when i launch it

Alright, I'll check them out. Hopefully there isn't a desync issue if the version is out of date, but we'll give it a shot either way.

And that sounds like a good plan. I share your thoughts on the potential, and will do my best to get you those screenshots.

+
# 19cnc315d34d Jan 10 2016, 05:11 AM
just launched the ModDB page (no downloads/real content, just a basic page for now)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-wars-kw

the planned release date is next weekend, and the main homepage for the map will continue to be the thread on the Fear forums (ill add the GR.org link on moddb after release)

while i was kinda planning on release this weekend, im delaying it by 1 week to do another run of balance/bug polishing + adding a new Capture the Flag mode

before then i'd really appreciate any help here from anyone in terms of:
- screenshots
- replays
- gameplay feedback

and ofcourse, that $10 offer is still on the table for anyone who contributes

im not kidding when i say this is literally the single MOST complex and in-depth map ever created in all of the 8-9 years of cnc3/kw modding history

anyone who is willing to be part of the effort... let me know when you're available

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: Jan 10 2016, 05:40 AM

+
# 20Egozi44 Jan 10 2016, 14:14 PM
Nice page and welcome to moddb xD

I saw some of your mod map files, you really gone all out there, >. <

Nice work

Honestly one of the complex maps I ever saw

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)