Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Predictions?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FUzziBabes Mar 24 2020, 11:04 AM
I was thinking about interesting topics that we can have without the game actually being released and it got me thinking. The original game came out over 20 years ago and gameplay styles have changed a thousand times along with the many CNC games that we've seen.

I was curious about what people think the meta strategys will be and which aspects of the game might be overpowered/underpowered.

I've seen one or two things mentioned but I thought it could be quite fun to see peoples predictions and we can look back at a later date and see who nailed it on the head!

(Also this is me shamlessly stealing all your strats tongue.gif )

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2Claymore92 Mar 24 2020, 11:19 AM
I expect the games to be tank spam. I do hope air or air + inf combinations or naval units can be viable strategies but I have doubts. Still, the best C&Cs out there after TW for me.

+
# 3Leikeze Mar 24 2020, 13:24 PM
Well, after it starts to receive some additional balance changes via community request, I'd hope it had SOMETHING other than tank spam.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4RRcabal Mar 24 2020, 15:51 PM
I already left my post in the other "Predictions" thread about the Tiberian Dawn: Remaster strategy's that I personally think we will use in game, but I realized soon after it was in the Red Alert 1 section laugh.gif, so I will post here about strategy's that I think will be used in C&C Red Alert: Remaster.

I can see the Soviet's being played quite a bit, due to the faction "Russia" having Tesla Tanks, having dogs will be great for cheep scouting, and having grenadiers and flame troopers for early game inf rush tactics, they have the best tanks in the game, Heavy Tank, and Mammoth Tanks, so I can see building multiple Garages, and base creeping, and Tank spam (Like Claymore said in his post), I can also see fast tech to Mig's, and or Ion Curtain or Nuke.

The Allies will have an easier time scouting, and harassing the enemy will cheep and early game tank units, so again it will likely be tank spam, you can also play the faction France for fake buildings, place them on the battlefield, although I can't remember if you can base creep with "Fake" buildings, but anyway, a strong defense is required, so lots of tanks, and rocket infantry to counter those other tank spam, Chrono in a tank in the back-line for more harassment, or used APC, Engineer, and Chronoshere, to capture buildings, and turn them against the enemy.

I could write more about this, but I feel like everyone can touch-up on other strategy's too.

+
# 5FUzziBabes Mar 24 2020, 20:09 PM
QUOTE(RRcabal @ Mar 24 2020, 16:28 PM) *

What's going to happen is, players will likely only play GDI, due to them instantly getting a hold of tank units faster than Nod's air drop, and quite possibly spam out just tanks, I can also see APC engineer rushes for GDI, flame tank rushes for Nod, MCV sell bike and buggy rush for Nod, fast tech to Nuke or ion cannon, base creeping with both factions, and spam out Obelisks or Adv. Guard Towers, huh as I wrote this post, I just realized that's alot of strategy's I just came up with. smile.gif

Yeah I do remember you saying somewhere else about the whole NOD air drop being an issue, makes me wonder if they've balanced that somehow to make it a bit fairer for NOD. Also wouldn't be a NOD game without a cheeky frame tank rush! laugh.gif

That is a lot of strategys! *frantically scribbles them down* tongue.gif

+
# 6RRcabal Mar 24 2020, 21:30 PM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Mar 24 2020, 13:09 PM) *

Yeah I do remember you saying somewhere else about the whole NOD air drop being an issue, makes me wonder if they've balanced that somehow to make it a bit fairer for NOD. Also wouldn't be a NOD game without a cheeky frame tank rush! laugh.gif

That is a lot of strategys! *frantically scribbles them down* tongue.gif

I mean I can easily write down a full 3 page essay on strategy's in the upcoming Remaster, I just choose not to biggrin.gif, it's fun to make VODS instead wub.gif, and to touch on the NOD being unbalanced to play in game, I feel like it's "Only" balanced, when you choose or spawn on the right side of the map, weather it be bottom right, or top right, because that is the way the airplane comes from.

+
# 7Leikeze Mar 24 2020, 21:49 PM
If only they would patch it to have optimal plane spawn location and speed.

+
# 8RRcabal Mar 28 2020, 04:49 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Mar 24 2020, 14:49 PM) *

If only they would patch it to have optimal plane spawn location and speed.

In other C&C Tiberian Dawn Mod games I have seen planes spawn right onto the airfield instead of off map, so maybe when the remaster does come out, maybe the dev's have patched it already, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

+
# 9Leikeze Mar 28 2020, 12:05 PM
QUOTE(RRcabal @ Mar 27 2020, 23:49 PM) *

...wait and see...

That's what they say before major surgery. sad.gif

+
# 10FUzziBabes Mar 29 2020, 02:10 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Mar 28 2020, 13:05 PM) *

That's what they say before major surgery. sad.gif

Major surgery can go pretty well wink.gif

+
# 11Incia Jul 2 2020, 11:27 AM
QUOTE(RRcabal @ Mar 28 2020, 07:49 AM) *

In other C&C Tiberian Dawn Mod games I have seen planes spawn right onto the airfield instead of off map, so maybe when the remaster does come out, maybe the dev's have patched it already, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Now that the game is out and have been so for a month or so, nope, nothing whatsoever have been patched. Zero balance changes including the cargo plane. Majority play Nod though because bike+buggy spam beat everything and GDI is too slow, so every game is a Nod mirror and is decided mostly on starting locations. Every left-side Nod player auto-loses. So I have stopped playing until next patch, and if next patch don't fix this I might just uninstall.

+
# 12RRcabal Jul 3 2020, 03:43 AM
QUOTE(Incia @ Jul 2 2020, 04:27 AM) *

Now that the game is out and have been so for a month or so, nope, nothing whatsoever have been patched. Zero balance changes including the cargo plane. Majority play Nod though because bike+buggy spam beat everything and GDI is too slow, so every game is a Nod mirror and is decided mostly on starting locations. Every left-side Nod player auto-loses. So I have stopped playing until next patch, and if next patch don't fix this I might just uninstall.

So much for you being a SSS eh? laugh.gif

But seriously I think the devs want to keep this game as original as possible, so planes flying in from off map, and the player on the right side of the map where the planes come from is going to have that advantage, I get the feeling that will NEVER change.

+
# 13Incia Jul 3 2020, 11:56 AM
What does me being an SSS have to do with anything? You can remove it if it bothers you.

+
# 14Leikeze Jul 3 2020, 12:33 PM
The least they could do is update things that the noobs wouldn't notice.

+
# 15FUzziBabes Jul 4 2020, 09:22 AM
I'm seeing more people playing (and winning) with GDI as people get more of a feel for the game, some balance changes would be great but the problem doesn't stem from just the army balance.

The maps are heavily favourable to NOD as they are so open and GDI are forced to push out for resources as their starting Tib fields aren't enough to form a decent defence. If GDI had more choke points to funnel NOD through then they'd definitely fair better imo.

Oh let's also not forget how hilariously pathetic the health on the War Factory is, all you have to do is sneeze at a GDI war factory and it dies instantly.

Also the maps are so imbalanced because of the air strip and basically every QM map is left versus right so right always has the advantage. All they do is airstrip then all in as the left side player can't build units as fast. If the maps were top versus bottom that would solve this problem instantly.

I'm seeing more tournaments adopt custom maps so that these problems are overcome. Hopefully EA will do some QOL fixes very soon

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)