Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

R11 & R12 Reaper 17 converson bug still not fixed!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1adamryan1122 May 16 2018, 03:18 AM
The Reaper 17 Tripods charged lasers are still bugged after you upgrade the conversion reserve in the Technology Assembler. I tested this several times, I did not buy the conversion reserve upgrade and used a reaper tripod charged with shields against a railgun mammoth tank and the Tripod wins with like 15% health left. When I researched to conversion reserve upgrade I tested it again and the mammoth tank won with like 5% hp. uncharged they do 550 per laser and when charged they are supposed to do 700 per laser and 10 shots but with conversion reserve they do 20 shots but the bug decreases to 620 per laser. This may not seem like a big deal but it really is huge, that is one upgrade that saves a hassle of always recharging after 10 shots but it is pointless when it bugs the damage boost of the charged green beams for the tripods, since Reaper 17 lacks air it's buffed tripod is it's saving grace and it is limited because of a bug that says in r12 is fixed but it is not. Test it your self.

If it was fixed a reaper tripod charged with conversion reserve should survive vs a railgun mammoth with maybe 25% hp left but it loses with the upgrade and wins without it but it goes back to normal with every 10 shots (really 5) can someone please fix this?

This post has been edited by adamryan1122: May 16 2018, 03:48 AM

+
# 2XXcyberstormXX May 16 2018, 14:46 PM
I never noticed this. Maybe worth looking into. I do know that with Conversion Reserves, Reaper Tripods are able to store a significantly larger amount of tib letting them go much longer without running out, but if it causes them to do less damage throughout that long period of time then it is for sure not worth it.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Luvaskot May 16 2018, 22:05 PM
It is not a bug. It is already stated that in the game, converison reserves improves the capacity but decreases the damage of the tripods while bieng charged. Upgrade is mainly for devourvers, not for the tripods.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4cnc315d34d May 17 2018, 00:22 AM
no, 1.2+ fixes the conversion reserves damage bug (and it IS a bug/oversight in 1.2 because conversion reserves damage wasnt buffed to compensate for the tripod's regular dmg being buffed 500->550, and non-conv charged damage 625->700 in 1.2)

the problem is however that once the charge runs out, the tripod can instantly get in an 'extra' shot with its regular attack because it doesnt wait for reload once it switches back to its regular attack (which is yet another 'bug')

its the same thing that happens with shatterer overload beam for example - you can 'instantly' get a regular attack in after throwing the overload.... same with charged devourers as well

so basically, whether the upgrade is worth it depends on which is better - the extra damage from the charged attacks vs the extra 'free regular hit' that you get after charges run out... the answer to this i'm not sure about because it'd have to be tested in mass tripod scenarios

if it does turn out that the non-upgraded tripod is better in every scenario, we could consider improving the upgraded charged tripod's DPS very slightly to compensate

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: May 17 2018, 00:28 AM

+
# 5LordFlameheart May 17 2018, 02:36 AM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ May 17 2018, 00:22 AM) *

the problem is however that once the charge runs out, the tripod can instantly get in an 'extra' shot with its regular attack because it doesnt wait for reload once it switches back to its regular attack (which is yet another 'bug')

It is not a bug you stupid casul. The whole reason for that "extra shot" is simply because Tripod/Devtank's regular weapon and charged weapon are different. Normal shots have a preatk delay+firing duration+reload duration (Tripod has no preatk delay), while the charged shots only has a firing duration. It is reasonably longer though to match the total time duration, so it would "look" like as if it got an extra shot, but it actually doesn't - because the charged shots has no reload. Thats why it insta shot normal beam once the charges ran out.

+
# 6adamryan1122 May 17 2018, 07:31 AM
QUOTE(Luvaskot @ May 16 2018, 22:05 PM) *

It is not a bug. It is already stated that in the game, converison reserves improves the capacity but decreases the damage of the tripods while bieng charged. Upgrade is mainly for devourvers, not for the tripods.

No it does not, even on game replays and the wiki it says the 1.02 patch causes the bug. The upgrade is for REAPER 17's exclusive Reaper Tripod and dev not the dev tank only..

+
# 7adamryan1122 May 17 2018, 07:37 AM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ May 17 2018, 00:22 AM) *

no, 1.2+ fixes the conversion reserves damage bug (and it IS a bug/oversight in 1.2 because conversion reserves damage wasnt buffed to compensate for the tripod's regular dmg being buffed 500->550, and non-conv charged damage 625->700 in 1.2)

its the same thing that happens with shatterer overload beam for example - you can 'instantly' get a regular attack in after throwing the overload.... same with charged devourers as well
so basically, whether the upgrade is worth it depends on which is better - the extra damage from the charged attacks vs the extra 'free regular hit' that you get after charges run out... the answer to this i'm not sure about because it'd have to be tested in mass tripod scenarios

if it does turn out that the non-upgraded tripod is better in every scenario, we could consider improving the upgraded charged tripod's DPS very slightly to compensate

As far as I learned it is supposed to do what it was inteneded when the exansion came out, that is reaper tripod charged with upgrade has 20 shots and retains the damege of 700 per laser. Just like the dev tank has a 650 damge uncharged and 800 damage when charged, tripod has 550 and than 700 when charged, the tripod gets the short end of the stick, gamereplays artical and many other people have stated that the bug nerfs the damage down which was no way intended. The upgrade bugs the reaper tripod. My point of addressing this because no one seems to know and 1.02+ R11 and R12 states this has been fixed when it has not. GO to an old 1.02 map and the tripod does the same damage has a R12 when upgraded, nothing has been fixed.

It is not that big of a deal really but I thought it should be brought to people attention and it would make reaper a little more better.

This post has been edited by adamryan1122: May 17 2018, 07:42 AM

+
# 8XXcyberstormXX May 17 2018, 12:25 PM
I would say that having extra damage throughout the entire charge attack is hands down better than the extra shot at the end. Mostly because when engaging with an army of reaper tripods vs an army of mammoths and jugs, many reaper tripods will die before getting their extra shot at the end.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 9cnc315d34d May 17 2018, 14:35 PM
@adamryan1122
i dont know what you're talking about 1.2+ not fixing the damage bug - it clearly does... it buffed the upgraded charged damage from 625 to 700 (thereby matching the non-upgraded charged damage)

so it IS better than 1.2 for sure, but the only question is whether its still GOOD ENOUGH because that 'free extra shot' you get from the non-upgraded charged tripod once it runs out of charges can be better

i've tested it myself just now and i can see the upgraded charged tripod survives with 5% hp vs a mammoth.... while the non-upgraded charged tripod survives with about 10-12% -- this isnt because the upgraded charged tripod does less damage, but is purely because of the non-upgraded tripod having that 'extra shot' once its charge runs out

in larger battles this may be a different story because the charged shots may turn out better than the extra normal shot.... but im not entirely sure

also btw, R12 is not the latest version of 1.2+

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: May 17 2018, 14:42 PM

+
# 10ToxicShock May 17 2018, 14:58 PM
@adam FYI. r12d is the latest version of 1.02+ supported by C&C:Online and gamereplays at present.

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 11adamryan1122 May 22 2018, 23:15 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ May 17 2018, 14:35 PM) *

@adamryan1122
i dont know what you're talking about 1.2+ not fixing the damage bug - it clearly does... it buffed the upgraded charged damage from 625 to 700 (thereby matching the non-upgraded charged damage)

so it IS better than 1.2 for sure, but the only question is whether its still GOOD ENOUGH because that 'free extra shot' you get from the non-upgraded charged tripod once it runs out of charges can be better
i've tested it myself just now and i can see the upgraded charged tripod survives with 5% hp vs a mammoth.... while the non-upgraded charged tripod survives with about 10-12% -- this isnt because the upgraded charged tripod does less damage, but is purely because of the non-upgraded tripod having that 'extra shot' once its charge runs out

in larger battles this may be a different story because the charged shots may turn out better than the extra normal shot.... but im not entirely sure
also btw, R12 is not the latest version of 1.2+

This post has been edited by adamryan1122: May 22 2018, 23:22 PM

+
# 12adamryan1122 May 22 2018, 23:19 PM
QUOTE(adamryan1122 @ May 22 2018, 23:15 PM) *

You sure has been Fixed? On none R12+ original old maps The same happens when a TRIPOD vs MAMMOTH. Having EXTRA SHOT? I Think lord's reply was explained RighT. When upgraded THAT's 20 ShoTs 700 damage comapred o 10 and Than back To 550. Say you're righ well upgrade is usless because unpgraded Reaper Tripods wins.

+
# 13cnc315d34d May 23 2018, 01:02 AM
1.2+ fixes the upgraded damage to be 700, as shown here:
(left harv was attacked before conversion reserves, the right harv was attacked after conversion reserves)

IPB Image

i suggest you go back and read my explanation

+
# 14adamryan1122 May 23 2018, 12:36 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ May 23 2018, 01:02 AM) *

1.2+ fixes the upgraded damage to be 700, as shown here:
(left harv was attacked before conversion reserves, the right harv was attacked after conversion reserves)

IPB Image
i suggest you go back and read my explanation

I was confused when you said "EXTRA SHOT" you mean when the Tripods fire their beams both at the same time instead of one after the other? That would explain why they lose when upgraded than. You think this should be fixed to fire both at the same time because the dev tank charged fires faster.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)