Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

Random Balance Feature

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Luvaskot Jan 11 2021, 21:30 PM
Hi. Lately I was watching Charles Warmonk's twitch stream. In one of his streams I've seen an upcoming feature for Kane's Wrath being developed by some KW programmer, which is called "Random Balance".

"Random Balance" is basically the feature already existed in Generals: Zero Hour with a same name. It tells both sides what faction their opponent got from Random before game starts. From what I heard, It reads the replay data as soon as it was created by the game.

The feature is currently in a test phase and only supports Kane's Wrath. Also, Charles Warmonk is the only tester of this feature since it still has some bugs. But "Random Balance" is expected to be finished soon. Here is the screen shot taken from one of Charles' streams:

IPB Image

After the release of this feature, most of the sponsored Kane's Wrath tournaments will be played with it. I am thinking of they will be using "Random Reverse" format in future tournaments.

Random Reverse is meaning that both players are obliged to play Random for the first game. However, after playing the first game, both players will switch the factions and sides on the map. Since from the start they know each other's faction there won't be any faction poker involved in the matchups.

What do you guys think if that feature supports Tiberium Wars? We may talk to Kane's Wrath community to develop it for Tiberium Wars as well. "Random Balance" feature with tournament format called "Random Reverse" would eb good for the competitive scene.

Since it eliminates the faction poker from the game, players should play accordingly. For example: If one player gets Nod from Random, he/she cannot use the shadow team rush 100% of the time.

Also for the tournaments, imagine both players are playing on Nod maps like Tournament Rift/Dustbowl. From Random vs Random, they got Scrin vs Nod. So since they will change the factions in the next game, better player will always be winning at the end of the series.

After the eliminating spike poker from the game, eliminating faction poker helps big time to makes the tournaments more competitive in the future.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2onch-onch Jan 12 2021, 12:05 PM
IT can be funny to have this tool.
But i dont know if they want to give us

Game: AirMech

+
# 3shocktapus Jan 12 2021, 17:13 PM
Since it eliminates the faction poker from the game, players should play accordingly. For example: If one player gets Nod from Random, he/she cannot use the shadow team rush 100% of the time.

How does this stop them using shadows 100% of the time?

The opposite is actually true - if you are a Nod player playing vs random and you see the faction all it does is make shadows stronger and more prevalent. The fact that you know you are up against Nod does absolutely nothing to nullify the effect of shadow openings.

+
# 4eXs.bikefan Jan 12 2021, 17:18 PM
The TW Advanced mod shows the factions that the players get from Random on loading screen prior to match start. It might be possible to show that in compiled maps as well without the need of mods and/or additional tools. I think the option to turn it on/off is in Rules.ini (do not quote me on that).

While I do not see any harm in the tool Luva mentions, making such a tool for a 5-people-game is funny.

+
# 5Luvaskot Jan 12 2021, 17:57 PM
QUOTE(shocktapus @ Jan 12 2021, 19:13 PM) *

How does this stop them using shadows 100% of the time?

If Random player gets Nod, he/she can blindly goes to Shadow Team rush every single game. But if someone chooses Nod, he/she must use other strats as well. Except ultra poker based maps like Dustbowl and Barstow but since we now have non-poker versions of them, it is not a problem anymore.

QUOTE(shocktapus @ Jan 12 2021, 19:13 PM) *

The fact that you know you are up against Nod does absolutely nothing to nullify the effect of shadow openings.

Players can arrange their power plant and crane placement accordingly? Scan the areas around power plants etc. with unbuilt turret? Or even trolling the Nod player (who doesn't know other opening than ST rush) with openers like sniper team rush like bikerush does numerous times.

Of course these are only valid for the maps with no spike poker.

QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jan 12 2021, 19:18 PM) *

While I do not see any harm in the tool Luva mentions, making such a tool for a 5-people-game is funny.

You are right, that is why we can only get it from the developer of KW tool. What he needs to do is simple, before compiling his tool, he will just change "cnc3ep1.dat" with "cnc3game.dat" on the source code. Takes less than a minute for him.

+
# 6shocktapus Jan 12 2021, 18:31 PM
Players can arrange their power plant and crane placement accordingly? Scan the areas around power plants etc. with unbuilt turret? Or even trolling the Nod player (who doesn't know other opening than ST rush) with openers like sniper team rush like bikerush does numerous times.

Arrange power plant and crane placement accordingly? What changes will you make from vs shadows vs not shadows? By the time you know they are Nod you can scan areas near pp with a turret anyway...this makes no difference. And opening sniper teams does absolutely nothing - the benefit of shadows is they can bomb power plants, snipers put you behind in eco with no harass potential.

You are talking rubbish.

+
# 7Luvaskot Jan 12 2021, 19:03 PM
QUOTE(shocktapus @ Jan 12 2021, 20:31 PM) *

snipers put you behind in eco with no harass potential.

QUOTE(Luvaskot @ Jan 12 2021, 19:57 PM) *

trolling the Nod player .... with sniper team

I've seen bikerush was taking games against you on Tournament Rift with sniper team opening back then when he was more active.

+
# 8eXs.bikefan Jan 12 2021, 19:28 PM
bikey can do anything. He's a demigod.

+
# 9shocktapus Jan 12 2021, 19:29 PM
No you have not. Certainly not in the last 8 years.

+
# 10onch-onch Jan 12 2021, 23:13 PM
We need bikerush vs shock again))

Game: AirMech

+
# 11Luvaskot Jan 12 2021, 23:25 PM
QUOTE(onch-onch @ Jan 13 2021, 01:13 AM) *

We need bikerush vs shock again))

Bo17, Random Reverse? They can still play with Random Balance without any tool. Just start the game with Random factions, tell each other what faction they get. Restart the game with choosing what faction they get from random. After the match ends reverse the factions and start locations.

+
# 12TRIberiumX Jan 13 2021, 06:11 AM
QUOTE(Luvaskot @ Jan 13 2021, 07:25 AM) *

Bo17, Random Reverse? They can still play with Random Balance without any tool. Just start the game with Random factions, tell each other what faction they get. Restart the game with choosing what faction they get from random. After the match ends reverse the factions and start locations.

No need to start a game and then restart later. That's too much trouble and time consuming.
Using a parallel executed non-deterministic pseudo-random function generator to output 3 different possible numbers for respective factions in a 'lucky draw' fashion does the same.

Game: None

+
# 13eXs.bikefan Jan 13 2021, 10:18 AM
Finally some action here.

onchy come to KW for some games tonight.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)