Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

[Release] Little program to execute bfme with p...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Istari` Sep 5 2019, 21:09 PM
Hey guys, I am posting here a little program I made a year ago and just updated to execute BFME1 with launch parameters while using gameranger. This means that you can play in gameranger with mods, windowed mode, etc. Whatever launch parameter the game supports. Hope this is useful for anyone as it has been useful to me this last year. I strongly recommend using the HD mod. Just install it and use -mod "HDEditionv1.0.big" as parameter.

Installation instructions are located in the readme.txt file inside the ZIP archive.

Note: If you want to take a look at the source code or find new versions of this program, visit the next github repository github repo.

Updated on 14/09/2019
Changelog:
- Updated readme explanations to make it more clear.
- Added a video to show the installation procedure.

This post has been edited by Istari`: Apr 10 2020, 15:36 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File bfme1_exec_with_params_v2.7z
Size: 43.17mb
Number of downloads: 89

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Shanks Sep 7 2019, 19:11 PM
I have tried it - but it does not work.

Game can't start. I dont think that this is working .

Clan: PIRATES

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3Istari` Sep 8 2019, 00:28 AM
QUOTE(Shanks @ Sep 7 2019, 19:11 PM) *

I have tried it - but it does not work.

Game can't start. I dont think that this is working .

Which parameters did you set in the txt file?

Are you using the T3A version of the game?

+
# 4Shanks Sep 8 2019, 10:02 AM
I’ve tried the windowed mod as a parameter, yes I am using T3A but was trying to start the game via gameranger

+
# 5Istari` Sep 8 2019, 11:29 AM
QUOTE(Shanks @ Sep 8 2019, 10:02 AM) *

I’ve tried the windowed mod as a parameter, yes I am using T3A but was trying to start the game via gameranger

Well did you follow every step correctly? (renaming original exe to lotrbfme_.exe and so on)

Your txt file should look like this if you did everythnig correctly: lotrbfme_.exe -win.

Also, which operating system version do you have?

+
# 6Shanks Sep 8 2019, 12:15 PM
Using Windows 10

Yea I renamed the original and put everything in the installation folder afterwards

+
# 7Istari` Sep 8 2019, 15:44 PM
QUOTE(Shanks @ Sep 8 2019, 12:15 PM) *

Using Windows 10

Yea I renamed the original and put everything in the installation folder afterwards

You said game can't start, does it gives you any error or the program closes itself?

+
# 8Shanks Sep 11 2019, 15:24 PM
Attached Image

+
# 9Istari` Sep 11 2019, 19:18 PM
QUOTE(Shanks @ Sep 11 2019, 15:24 PM) *

Attached Image

Thanks for the replies and the pic. Try running the game as administrator directly (without gameranger) and tell me if it gives you the same message.

+
# 10Shanks Sep 11 2019, 21:51 PM
yea it doesnt work either way , can't start it unless i remove the folders from the installation from your file.

+
# 11Istari` Sep 12 2019, 12:13 PM
QUOTE(Shanks @ Sep 11 2019, 21:51 PM) *

yea it doesnt work either way , can't start it unless i remove the folders from the installation from your file.

So far I really dont know what can cause that error, tell me something:

Your game is installed in "C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™"?

Before you installed my files, you already had the "lotrbfme_.exe" file? (not the lotrbfme.exe). If so, try executing the game by opening this lotrbfme_.exe file and tell me if it opens the games or the T3A launcher.

To be more clear, the file lotrbfme.exe must be the file you have download from my post, and the lotrbfme_.exe must be the original BFME executable file (not the T3A one).

If all of this is correct on your system I will try to upload a new version of the executable to try to fix this problem.

+
# 12Shanks Sep 12 2019, 16:50 PM
Well i am using the game from T3A , so if i rename lotrbfme.exe to lotrbfme_.exe my game won't start.

It wasnt clear in your first post, that this is only supposed to work with the original files of BFME.

I will have to find the CD which is somewhere to do that...

maybe later but now now.

Anyways thanks for your support

+
# 13Istari` Sep 14 2019, 15:50 PM
QUOTE(Shanks @ Sep 12 2019, 16:50 PM) *

Well i am using the game from T3A , so if i rename lotrbfme.exe to lotrbfme_.exe my game won't start.

It wasnt clear in your first post, that this is only supposed to work with the original files of BFME.

I will have to find the CD which is somewhere to do that...

maybe later but now now.

Anyways thanks for your support

My first post is clear. I am using T3A version and it works, if you are trully using T3A you should not be able to rename lotrbfme.exe to lotrbfme_.exe as this last file is already there, in the T3A version of the game the file lotrbfme_.exe is the game's executable file and the lotrbfme.exe is the T3A launcher.

Anyway, I am sorry it does not work for you. Maybe try with the new version I uploaded as I updated the readme and added a video to show the install procedure.

This post has been edited by Istari`: Sep 14 2019, 16:46 PM

+
# 14Istari` Jan 17 2020, 15:16 PM
#bump

+
# 15M1ghty Mar 7 2021, 23:27 PM
I've tried this exe, but I can't run the game either, having said that I can't run T3A. It was fine until I installed the latest version of T3A.

I'd love to be able to play the HD version (how should the text for that look in the parameter text file?).

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 16Dunedain` Mar 7 2021, 23:58 PM
-mod

+
# 17M1ghty Mar 8 2021, 14:12 PM
QUOTE(Dunedain` @ Mar 7 2021, 23:58 PM) *

-mod

Is that the full text, nothing else?

Anyone else have the problem of T3A not launching after the latest T3A update?

+
# 18Dunedain` Mar 8 2021, 14:50 PM
QUOTE(M1ghty @ Mar 8 2021, 19:42 PM) *

Is that the full text, nothing else?

Anyone else have the problem of T3A not launching after the latest T3A update?

Idk what game version you are running, if forshire then you dont want to update to the latest t3a since it screws up the game.
I dont use hd edition, but I use the same method with params to get rid of the t3a launcher so the game starts with 1 click.

Find your lotrbfme.exe and lotrbfme_.exe files, and you want to swap these names with eachother. Then create a text document called "lotrbfme_params.txt" and inside you want to put -mod, if you just want to get rid of t3a launcher you put "lotrbfme_.exe" inside. HD edition has some nice models, but many are not so good looking, and especially isengard units its hard to see uppgrades etc, clickboxes are awful on some units, and you cant see for example fire stones on trebs.

This post has been edited by Dunedain`: Mar 8 2021, 14:54 PM

+
# 19M1ghty Mar 8 2021, 17:59 PM
QUOTE(Dunedain` @ Mar 8 2021, 14:50 PM) *

Idk what game version you are running, if forshire then you dont want to update to the latest t3a since it screws up the game.
I dont use hd edition, but I use the same method with params to get rid of the t3a launcher so the game starts with 1 click.

Find your lotrbfme.exe and lotrbfme_.exe files, and you want to swap these names with eachother. Then create a text document called "lotrbfme_params.txt" and inside you want to put -mod, if you just want to get rid of t3a launcher you put "lotrbfme_.exe" inside. HD edition has some nice models, but many are not so good looking, and especially isengard units its hard to see uppgrades etc, clickboxes are awful on some units, and you cant see for example fire stones on trebs.

Cheers!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)