Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

Relic Making Age Of Empires 4

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Paranoid Kamikaze Aug 22 2017, 05:50 AM
Just announced. They're doing it with Microsoft and not Sega. Windows 10 exclusive. Probably going to be only on Microsofts store. Don't know if their store sucks like GFWL did or not. Probably does. I Don't actually care for the game. Thought I would post on it though as Relic may be abandoning DoW 3 for this. Not that I blame them. 500 concurrent users uptime and 100 low before the 50% coupon giveaways. Sucks coming from 26k from launch. People are leaving for reasons.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Gorb Aug 22 2017, 08:32 AM
Relic have worked on more than one product at a time, before.

+
# 3stapla05 Aug 22 2017, 11:46 AM
Well pointed out( they worked on coh and dow at relatively the same time) but it may still spread support thin so fans may feel betrayed or lose hope from one game getting more then another or just lack of content to dow3. As for relic and microsoft working together i think that it may be good thing both games have good thing and bad things developed by human factor so any teamwork with small studios is good and should increase productivity and overall game quality i like things each have done from historical aoe to more fantacy of dow or company heros world war gameplay. Too early to say what all this means have to wait and see.

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 4HARRYY Aug 22 2017, 11:59 AM
sega wants to rip our money, so theyre not gonna abandon dow3. they have contracts w relic.

+
# 5Paranoid Kamikaze Aug 22 2017, 19:29 PM
Not sure on Relics size being able to handle it well though. DoW 3 took 4 years and it was very barebone at launch.

+
# 6Dullahan Aug 22 2017, 19:57 PM
Support team is always a very small team, it won't affect DoW3 post-release support. Although we might not see an expansion very soon.

Relic worked on Space Marine and DoW2: Retribution concurrently in addition to post-release Chaos Rising support. (And most likely some pre-production on CoH2 as well given its original release date was supposed to bel ike 2012)

+
# 7Paranoid Kamikaze Aug 22 2017, 20:02 PM
QUOTE(Dullahan @ Aug 22 2017, 12:57 PM) *

Support team is always a very small team, it won't affect DoW3 post-release support. Although we might not see an expansion very soon.

Relic worked on Space Marine and DoW2: Retribution concurrently in addition to post-release Chaos Rising support. (And most likely some pre-production on CoH2 as well given its original release date was supposed to bel ike 2012)

That was all before the gutting after THQ went down. They're not as big as they used to be.

+
# 8Dullahan Aug 23 2017, 01:19 AM
QUOTE(Paranoid Kamikaze @ Aug 22 2017, 13:02 PM) *

That was all before the gutting after THQ went down. They're not as big as they used to be.

It's not like they haven't hired anyone at all in the last 5 years.

Something related to the original topic:

Smoking Gun Interactive was founded by the original CoH developers and they happened to work on an Age of Empries game too. Of course their repoitoire has been garbage smart phone games so no surprise it's a clash of clans clone. http://www.smokingguninc.com/products/age-...s-castle-siege/

+
# 9Spirit. Aug 23 2017, 08:55 AM
I dont think they will give up just now on dow3. Dow2s launch wasnt much better, the game didnt even had a 2v2 mode. I dont think they care much about how many players are online and playing they care more about the sales. As long as they can earn money with the game they will do so, also it would be bad for them to leave the game as it is, with only 3 races.... Cause alot would abandon relic products.

+
# 10Dullahan Aug 24 2017, 03:26 AM
QUOTE(Spirit. @ Aug 23 2017, 01:55 AM) *

I dont think they will give up just now on dow3. Dow2s launch wasnt much better, the game didnt even had a 2v2 mode. I dont think they care much about how many players are online and playing they care more about the sales. As long as they can earn money with the game they will do so, also it would be bad for them to leave the game as it is, with only 3 races.... Cause alot would abandon relic products.

I think the player count for DoW2 multiplayer was pretty much the same as DoW3 is now the only difference was DoW2 had more people playing the campaign (co-op + a little more replayable) and then The last stand a few months aftere release.

I really don't understand a lot of the hate DoW3 is getting. It's like people want every game to fail these days.

+
# 11Spirit. Aug 24 2017, 06:47 AM
I dont understand the hate too, i mean when do we ever got to see a new dawnofwar it takes ages to get a new one, also dow3 is not bad as so many people want to make it look like. I enjoy dow3 very much, sure its kinda sad that there is no more cover mechanic and that the game launched with 3 races only but thats how it is. Some people just got butthurt cause dow3 is not how they wanted it to be, i also was kinda shocked what they did with dow2 when i saw it cause i played dow1 before, still i gave the game a chance and started to like it, same goes to dow3.

The game mode is ok for me, i like it.

What relic could try to do is to release a new race or maybe 2 at once and introduce a new campaign, maybe with a coop feature. I for one dont care at all about a campaign in a rts game, i buy a rts game for its multiplayer only, but many people judge a game from its single player.

The single player mode in dow3 is very boring and scripted no doubt about that. They could have done a bit more maybe at least a galactic campaign or so that you can chose where you want to do your next mission and most importand a coop mode.

I dont expect any kind of dlc regarding new races or a new campaign before end of the year, probably nothing like it will be released before early-mid next year. It took them in dow2 also about a year to release a new expansion. Also they did put alot of their ressources and will put alot into warhammer total war 1/2 and aoe4.

This post has been edited by Spirit.: Aug 24 2017, 07:18 AM

+
# 12IpKaiFung Aug 24 2017, 12:25 PM
Relic don't have many engineers in the studio (about 10), and the engineering team usually works on one project at a time.

They were all hands on deck for Ardennes Assault and Relic was only able to do limited patching to the main game because of no engineers being available to fix complex bugs.

+
# 13Gorb Aug 24 2017, 13:08 PM
DoW III will be getting modding tools and campaign autosave. Both programmer-centric features.

Also, Ardennes Assault was 2014. That predates both of the DoW III community managers, and anybody else brought on in that time.

+
# 14IpKaiFung Aug 24 2017, 13:48 PM
QUOTE(Gorb @ Aug 24 2017, 14:08 PM) *

DoW III will be getting modding tools

using your definitions the game already has them in the form of a map maker. If they are going to expand on that then I'll believe it when they deliver the goods.

+
# 15Gorb Aug 24 2017, 15:49 PM
QUOTE(IpKaiFung @ Aug 24 2017, 14:48 PM) *

using your definitions the game already has them in the form of a map maker. If they are going to expand on that then I'll believe it when they deliver the goods.

Sorry, * more modding tools. Scheduled to drop with the next patch on the 29th smile.gif

+
# 16Paranoid Kamikaze Aug 24 2017, 18:54 PM
I can understand the hate completely. People complained about things and then didn't check to see if they were fixed so they kept on hating. A lot of people still think the game looks like a cartoon even though that was fixed ages ago. It's like people who hated DoW 2 and have no idea it is completely different now compared to how it was at launch.

I personally don't like the game because it seems like no skill required blobbing and ability usage management. It's as if people are just running around like chickens with their head cut off and magically someone wins. There are no formations, ability combos and attacks in multiple places that show skill. I'm honestly hoping for a 'There Is Only War' type of patch where they make the game more skill based like in DoW 2. I tried the game for 100 hours now and decided to uninstall, though I'm constantly checking for an update that gives me a reason to get back into it.

+
# 17Dullahan Aug 24 2017, 19:28 PM
QUOTE(IpKaiFung @ Aug 24 2017, 06:48 AM) *

MODDING TOOLS
We’ll also be releasing improved modding tools - including the Attribute Editor and the Tuning Pack. These will enable resourceful modders to re-imagine multiplayer balance, create new abilities or change existing ones, and build more detailed game modes to support them.

Alongside the release of these tools, the Steam Workshop will support these new mod types so that whole new Dawn of War experiences are just a click away. We’ll be updating the Dawn of War modding wiki to outline all of these changes in more detail on August 29th.

It's actually pretty awesome how much modding support DoW3 is getting.

+
# 18Paranoid Kamikaze Aug 24 2017, 20:17 PM
Maybe I'll mod DoW 3 to be good and skillful.

+
# 19IpKaiFung Aug 24 2017, 22:11 PM
QUOTE(Dullahan @ Aug 24 2017, 20:28 PM) *

It's actually pretty awesome how much modding support DoW3 is getting.

less than their previous games? pretty awesome...

+
# 20Dullahan Aug 25 2017, 01:39 AM
QUOTE(IpKaiFung @ Aug 24 2017, 15:11 PM) *

less than their previous games? pretty awesome...

How is it less than their previous games?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)