Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Retaliation on or off?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1uNDeSiReDLoGiN Feb 25 2018, 16:28 PM
So you know in options there is that retaliation tick box (on by default). Well I had never considering changing this before, but thought that maybe it could be useful turning it off? In particular I think this could benefit terror techs.
I experience it and see alot of replays where terrorists fail blowing up supplys and other structures because the terrorists either hesitated or starting running towards another target like a tunnel near by and one of them gets shot meaning you wont level the structure. Well if you have retaliation turned off the terrorists wont run twoards the tunnel they just stay stationary.

So do people have retaliation turned on or off? Or had you not even thought about it before? And lets say I do turn it off am I over-looking something important meaning I would want it on always? I havent tested it a great deal yet to be honest but I dont see any obvious problems with it being off.

This post has been edited by uNDeSiReDLoGiN: Feb 25 2018, 20:08 PM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2BoYcaH0 Feb 25 2018, 16:47 PM
QUOTE(uNDeSiReDLoGiN @ Feb 25 2018, 11:28 AM) *

So you no in options there is that retaliation option and its on automatically. Well I have never considering changing this before but thought it could be useful turning it off? In particular I think this could benefit terror techs.
I experience it and see alot of replays where terrorists fail blowing up supplys and other structures because the terrorists either hesitated or starting running towards another target like a tunnel near by and one of them gets shot meaning you wont level the structure. Well if you have retaliation turned off the terrorists wont run twoards the tunnel they just stay stationary.

So do people have retaliation turned on or off? Or had you not even thought about it before? And lets say I do turn it off am I over-looking something important meaning I would want it on always? I havent tested it a great deal yet to be honest but I dont see any obvious problems with it being off.

Turning it off makes microing units easier as they aren't attacking randomly when you don't tell them to. On the other hand it creates problems when you don't have the speed to micro all your units around the map as they will just sit there and die when someone is attacking them from a safe distance... For example: Humvees with missile defenders can sit at a certain angle and just hit a gattling tank with the missile defenders shooting out at it but the gattling tank won't even react with retaliation off.. but it helps if you have a big gattling army with ecms as the ecms and gattling tanks won't break off from the group trying to attack random enemy units, which would make it hard to micro that group.

I personally turn it off cause I can handle microing my armies and units sitting around the map but it can be frustrating as I at times have a unit doing absolutely nothing when it gets attacked by a longer range unit or it lets an enemy unit get through to my base cause it won't react unless it gets attacked.

So, it can be helpful to turn retaliation off if you have the micro for it.

+
# 3RaGe^ Feb 25 2018, 17:45 PM
i always had it on, never really saw replays / actions where i saw it was really beneficial having it off

i rather have my units retaliate immediately if an enemy unit attacks it

+
# 4Jundiyy Feb 25 2018, 18:15 PM
I have it off but turn it on in game if I need to, such as the game is laggy and I want to terror tech or just use some units, otherwise with the lag there will be a delay.
If it's not laggy then it's usually off.

+
# 5RaGe^ Feb 25 2018, 18:34 PM
QUOTE(Jundiyy @ Feb 25 2018, 18:15 PM) *

I have it off but turn it on in game if I need to, such as the game is laggy and I want to terror tech or just use some units, otherwise with the lag there will be a delay.

jundiyy big big proooo biggrin.gif

+
# 6bAnAcA6^ Feb 25 2018, 18:41 PM
QUOTE(Jundiyy @ Feb 25 2018, 18:15 PM) *

if retaliation is off and u evacute ur terrorists next to enemy units, terrorists wont blow up, ye?

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 7uNDeSiReDLoGiN Feb 25 2018, 19:24 PM
QUOTE(bAnAcA6^ @ Feb 25 2018, 18:41 PM) *

if retaliation is off and u evacute ur terrorists next to enemy units, terrorists wont blow up, ye?

Im not sure, I think units will retaliate if they are within range but wont persue? But whats the range of a terrorist? Point-blank? I need to test that

+
# 8bAnAcA6^ Feb 25 2018, 20:00 PM
QUOTE(uNDeSiReDLoGiN @ Feb 25 2018, 19:24 PM) *

Im not sure, I think units will retaliate if they are within range but wont persue? But whats the range of a terrorist? Point-blank? I need to test that

Its happening to me, i have to manually click on terrorists and ctlr to attack ground and kill units, cant just run into humvees and let tech get destroyed and all terrorists explode as well

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 9-ExiLe` Feb 25 2018, 20:13 PM
QUOTE(uNDeSiReDLoGiN @ Feb 25 2018, 20:24 PM) *

pretty sure they will just stand still.. but they still explode when being run over except for demo's that is

+
# 10Jundiyy Feb 25 2018, 20:33 PM
QUOTE(RaGe^ @ Feb 25 2018, 18:34 PM) *

jundiyy big big proooo biggrin.gif

Lol smile.gif haha

QUOTE(bAnAcA6^ @ Feb 25 2018, 18:41 PM) *

I manually do them. I have retaliation on when laggy as they will go into the enemy units when the technical is destroyed. Otherwise I do it myself when not on. Good thing is, they won’t run into the tunnels when you evac, it also saves you from losing your Airfield to your own Aurora bombers on rare occasions.

+
# 11scuba Feb 25 2018, 22:50 PM
Never had retaliation on.

As i hailed from the HD/TF games, you 100% had to have retaliation off, otherwise your quad/scorp micro would fuck up.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 12xezon Feb 26 2018, 11:56 AM
Always had retaliate on. I think the pros outweigh the cons. I rather pull back some units manually than have units not fight for themselves when they are being slaughtered by random attacks.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 13-SeX`iie Feb 26 2018, 12:27 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Feb 26 2018, 11:56 AM) *

Always had retaliate on. I think the pros outweigh the cons. I rather pull back some units manually than have units not fight for themselves when they are being slaughtered by random attacks.

+1

+
# 14Leikeze Feb 26 2018, 13:58 PM
I had it on till recently, but I don't see much of a difference with it being off; It is all how you play anyway.

Clan: WbG

+
# 15-ExiLe` Feb 26 2018, 14:02 PM
I like having full control over my units. I use guard mode for most of my (idle) units anyways, except for those that are often going for random suicide missions like humvees. So off..

btw, if you lose units due unawareness then that's a mistake anyways

This post has been edited by -ExiLe`: Feb 26 2018, 14:09 PM

+
# 16fastAiR Feb 26 2018, 20:06 PM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Feb 26 2018, 14:02 PM) *

I like having full control over my units. I use guard mode for most of my (idle) units anyways, except for those that are often going for random suicide missions like humvees. So off..

btw, if you lose units due unawareness then that's a mistake anyways

Agree with this, nothing more annoying then when your making a terror tech or something and the enemy comes to ur base and ur tech decides to chase it down and dies leaving ur terrorists are all over the place. Idle units can just have guard mode on them.

+
# 17-DoMiNaToR- Feb 27 2018, 20:00 PM
Off

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)