Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Revamping naval combat

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Michael Gladius Aug 9 2017, 01:58 AM
Naval combat wasn't very good in BFME2, and I think that's a shame. Naval combat opens up a whole new realm of gameplay types: amphibious landings, island-hopping, snatching remote gold mines on islands...

I've developed a new model for ships. What do you guys think? I'm open for new ideas as well.

Fishing boat: works like a lumber mill
Transport ship: can carry 3 units

Interceptor: fast ship, can be garrisoned with archers for extra damage
Battleship: slower than an interceptor, but has same attack/damage stats and can also be garrisoned with archers for increased damage. Also has a ram attack.
Siege ship: uses siege weapons.

Armor, damage, and healing abilities are retained from the first game. Arrows can be upgraded to fire/silverthorn arrows if they are researched in forge/archery range. Same goes for siege weapons.

Elves should have the fastest ships. Dwarves should have the best ram attack. MoTW should have the best (unupgraded) arrow attack. Isengard should have the best armor for its ships. Mordor should have the best siege ships. Goblins should have the cheapest ships.

+
# 2SeñorEcthelion Aug 9 2017, 02:28 AM
good ideas but will you make different models for each factions? i doubt it.
You will be lacking from design since in tolkien world you barely have elf, numenor and umbar ships

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Michael Gladius Aug 9 2017, 02:53 AM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Aug 9 2017, 02:28 AM) *

good ideas but will you make different models for each factions? i doubt it.
You will be lacking from design since in tolkien world you barely have elf, numenor and umbar ships

I have a few ideas, but I am a terrible artist. tongue.gif

For Elven ships, the swan motif still works, along with their leaf sail design
For Dwarves, an angular ship with lots of shields along the sides (like a viking ship) and a sharp prow would fit.
For MoTW, their ships will resemble Greco-Roman Triremes
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8pFHjX2GIWI/VVuO...640/1713700.png

For Isengard and the goblins, their ships will resemble the corsair ships, but with the Isengard/goblin styles of woodwork, respectively. Mordor will obviously keep the corsair ships.

+
# 4RanDoM'L0L Aug 12 2017, 16:51 PM
All out for more ships. Noticed lotta issues with them(retarded movements, unability to unload where I want to even onhost etc ..thanks EA xD).

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)