Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

RotWK League - feature requests

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1StrayHeart Aug 3 2020, 07:56 AM
Hi everybody.

I keep complaining here and there we should write down ideas you give me using private messages or discord channel, so I thought I'd finally create that thread and write them down. Here is goes:
  • Points changes added to recent games page
  • Additional e-mail verification when resetting user's password?
    That requires us to collect e-mails as logins. As for now, we strongly recommend using plain logins for identification purpose. The less personal data we track, the better imo.
  • Awards, medals and divisions
  • Inactivity points penalty
  • Replays saving after every played game in order to be able to report it again
  • Recalculting all played games
  • Process ARs using web site
  • Reduce onhost advantage
  • Be able to remove one of my nicknames
  • Be able to remove games of given IDs
  • Recent games page - click on user nickname navigates to player games history
  • Display games today count
  • New nickname validation - disallow invalid characters (e.g. `, case of PlaT`)
  • Generalize time for all games. Currently the time stamp read comes from replay file which keeps user's local time. Also we could order them but time reported, not by time played
  • Add match making
  • Stats showing games count, activity day by day and month by month
  • Cut nickname from over 10 to 10 characters. Report games using short name, but sisplay full names on website
  • Hall of shame page - lists users who use incorrect nicknames, hence games are not reported
  • List all failed reports on website
  • List supported maps on website
  • SpecialGuest: would be cool if you could rank replays on the league site. That way people browsing recent replays can see the ones people like. Also this would help the replay competition that's currently on
Feel free to share your ideas.

Reagrds,
SH

This post has been edited by StrayHeart: Aug 21 2020, 14:14 PM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Excelsior Aug 3 2020, 10:32 AM
Inactivity points. Yessss. That is essential.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 3brabox Aug 4 2020, 07:31 AM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Aug 3 2020, 11:32 AM) *

Inactivity points. Yessss. That is essential.

The current Elo on the perma ladder is a complete zero sum game though and any points we remove from the ladder would ideally come back somewhere else. So I'm not very keen on an inactivity penalty tbh.

Personally I think our highest priority focus areas should be:
a) a simple personal statistics page
b) a simple global statistics page
c) matchmaking

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4TheEternalUniverse Aug 4 2020, 08:37 AM
QUOTE(brabox @ Aug 4 2020, 08:31 AM) *

The current Elo on the perma ladder is a complete zero sum game though and any points we remove from the ladder would ideally come back somewhere else. So I'm not very keen on an inactivity penalty tbh.

Personally I think our highest priority focus areas should be:
a) a simple personal statistics page
b) a simple global statistics page
c) matchmaking

Agreed, then as second to those suggestions, a cool additions of ranks matchings with ELO 1600 - Bronze 1800 - Silver 2000 - Gold (those are just examples, not accurate)

+
# 5TheRingisHot Aug 4 2020, 21:52 PM
I think the most important part is the nickname validation. Saw a few people today unaware of the character limitation, which is currently in place.

+
# 6StrayHeart Aug 8 2020, 21:04 PM
Brabox at his good form.

IPB Image

+
# 7Squaggle Aug 8 2020, 21:27 PM
A thought for a inactivity penalty would be a 'bonus pool' similar to Starcraft 2 ladder perhaps?

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: None

+
# 8FlyingCow Aug 9 2020, 08:56 AM
I wish if you could easily switch nicknames without losing progress. Maybe an option to pick some of your added nicknames and "link" them all together so that all your games when using one of them get recorded to one account?

+
# 9Platino Aug 9 2020, 11:48 AM
Hall of shame Top
biggrin.gif

Clan: Divine

+
# 10StrayHeart Aug 9 2020, 12:58 PM
QUOTE(FlyingCow @ Aug 9 2020, 09:56 AM) *

I wish if you could easily switch nicknames without losing progress. Maybe an option to pick some of your added nicknames and "link" them all together so that all your games when using one of them get recorded to one account?

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.shatabrick.com/cco/ra3/index.ph...&name=berat

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)