Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Set Clans

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DeeZ Daryl May 15 2018, 18:15 PM
I like the idea of set clans a lot. The top clans might be somewhat balanced atm (but not really) but I still think set clans would be good. The clans should be made based on activity and skill. I think this will serve well especially for the 2v2 cw's (wich I like more than the 1v1's). I'm thinking there would be 3 to 4 clans, where every clan has at least 2 active players to compete with the others. There would be a sign-up topic for this so we can see which players are participating, which leaves us time to sort out the clans for the upcoming month. We could make them up all together or get some neutral guy to sort the clans out for us. I don't know how the rest of the community sees this, so discuss ahead! I just wanted to bring this up here because there has been some talking about it

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2SeñorEcthelion May 15 2018, 18:37 PM
Sounds ideal but not really helpful, it is anulating you to play with 66% of the players. And bfme2 playing times are too weird:D:D

+
# 3Fitton May 16 2018, 00:50 AM
Clans are never set in stone.

Ecth moved from the best clan and has been in various ones recently to help stimulate competition and also to help improve some players like Colossus.

Glute has just moved to 1.6 because he wants regular high quality games without having to guest.

Things are flexible and will change. We don’t have to make it fair for everyone. Get good, show good activity and you can join one of the top clans. Take Ryan for example.

On the other hand, find a player who plays at the same time as you, create a clan and spam away.

Set clans are not needed in my opinion.

+
# 4SN0WBL4CK May 16 2018, 02:55 AM
The idea of set clans sounds good. But in my experience from back during the EA servers, it was never a success in reality.
We tried it multiple times and some players who were not happy with the clan they were assigned to, stopped spamming games.

I do agree with you that the clans are unbalanced especially in terms of activity. But idk if there is a way to balanced them out without hurting the activity overall.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 5Fitton May 16 2018, 06:01 AM
You can’t though. The reason the best players are in a few clans is because they want to play with people who also play a lot. If you like 2v2 it can get very frustrating if you have people to play but nobody to play with. Guesting is ok but it’s not the most ideal thing.

It’s a competition, we can’t and shouldn’t try to balance the teams.

If there was a lack of activity it could be a way to boost it but currently we have some ok activity levels. Fifth month in a row of activity.

In my opinion, the best thing the top clans can do is to invite one lower skilled player into their clan and train them up through 2v2.

This post has been edited by Fitton: May 16 2018, 06:06 AM

+
# 6RanDoM'L0L May 16 2018, 10:24 AM
Let the market work its magic. Free capitalism>equality of outcome communism xD.

+
# 7StrayHeart May 16 2018, 14:49 PM
QUOTE(RanDoM'L0L @ May 16 2018, 11:24 AM) *

Let the market work its magic. Free capitalism>equality of outcome communism xD.

O shit, as long is life, this time I must agree with you.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 8SN0WBL4CK May 16 2018, 15:19 PM

In my opinion, the best thing the top clans can do is to invite one lower skilled player into their clan and train them up through 2v2.

Well Eol already invited me so now all the others:P Also i really think some1 has to give jones a chance. He was asking to join a clan but no1 wants him for obvious reasons(his attitude). He did tone it down a lil bit especially on gr.org. Also he always spams 1v1s but surprisingly few people play him actually. He would definetly be a good addition to anyone who wants to spam 2v2 because he is active a lot.

He also always goes after the best players even if it is to brag later on, its still a good characteristic for some1 of his skill level. So think about it guys, i would definitely give him a chance if it was up to me. If he shows bad sportsmanship or attitude kicking is always an option.

+
# 9THE GLUTEMASTER May 16 2018, 15:43 PM
QUOTE(SN0WBL4CK @ May 16 2018, 15:19 PM) *

Well Eol already invited me so now all the others:P Also i really think some1 has to give jones a chance. He was asking to join a clan but no1 wants him for obvious reasons(his attitude). He did tone it down a lil bit especially on gr.org. Also he always spams 1v1s but surprisingly few people play him actually. He would definetly be a good addition to anyone who wants to spam 2v2 because he is active a lot.

He also always goes after the best players even if it is to brag later on, its still a good characteristic for some1 of his skill level. So think about it guys, i would definitely give him a chance if it was up to me. If he shows bad sportsmanship or attitude kicking is always an option.

His attitude is much better than a few months back but he is still the only person who manage to give me a headache.
He would probably fit perfectly in with Tar boys, very talkative and lacking a bit of social awareness sometimes tongue.gif
But yea he is 12.
He will end up pwn us all in a year if he keeps spamming like he do currently.
However the main reason why I don't play with him alot is because of connection problems.

+
# 10Fitton May 16 2018, 16:02 PM
SNOWBL4CK you are hardly an example of a low skilled player of which I was suggesting. tongue.gif

+
# 11SeñorEcthelion May 16 2018, 16:02 PM
QUOTE(RanDoM'L0L @ May 16 2018, 07:24 AM) *

Lul, agreeing with fitton here.
Time has proved that liberalism on clanwars has only leaded to a segregation that imply poor clans give up against oligarchic clans, thus giving up on cw. And consume (activity) depends on the stronger clan spaming each other, while at same time, like it was a secondary leage, weaker clans spam each other. (dodge) This weaker clans would rather play ffg in that case.

We have been applying a meticulous state-intervention this year and as you can see it leaded to good results. Sadly there will always be weaker clans and lone wolf players. But this year activity has depended of 2vs2, and the level of the whole comunity has been improved tbh.

+
# 12Val` May 17 2018, 03:50 AM
Ech nailed it

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 13Fitton May 17 2018, 06:14 AM
I don’t disagree with you Ecth but forcing people to do set clans isn’t the answer either.

What’s happening right now is working great.

+
# 14SeñorEcthelion May 17 2018, 07:58 AM
I didn't imply i want set clans, i meant status quo is fine (where the best players are making clans with mentees, in order to stimulate activity and skill development, not just elitist clans segregating)

+
# 15DeeZ Daryl May 17 2018, 09:50 AM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ May 17 2018, 07:58 AM) *

i meant status quo is fine (where the best players are making clans with mentees, in order to stimulate activity and skill development, not just elitist clans segregating)

Give me an example of such a clan? biggrin.gif
I still see 4-5 clans who actually compete for the first places and who are somewhat equal in skill level, consisting of the 'elite' players

+
# 16SeñorEcthelion May 17 2018, 16:13 PM
-Margaery had picked colossus.
-Scorpion has picked datryan
-Jens had picked gustavo.
-Otto had picked Kumail.
-Bunito picked temptation.
-Sibel was with orgeuil, but that wasn't very sucessful.
Atm we thinking where should Ninkazy and Orgeuil be. And we seeing who's gonna pick the famous Jones.

Recently we changed all clans again tho, let's see if it's for good or worst. But i hate seeing 4 players of same clan active at same time.

+
# 17DeeZ Daryl May 18 2018, 13:19 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ May 17 2018, 16:13 PM) *

-Margaery had picked colossus.
-Scorpion has picked datryan
-Jens had picked gustavo.
-Otto had picked Kumail.
-Bunito picked temptation.
-Sibel was with orgeuil, but that wasn't very sucessful.

Ryan, kumail and tempt are no 'new' players imo, but anyways
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ May 17 2018, 16:13 PM) *

Atm we thinking where should Ninkazy and Orgeuil be. And we seeing who's gonna pick the famous Jones.

Recently we changed all clans again tho, let's see if it's for good or worst. But i hate seeing 4 players of same clan active at same time.

You are basically making set clans haha biggrin.gif You are thinking where Ninka, Orgueil and Jones should be, well that's basically making/dividing the clans right? And indeed, I also hate seeing 4 players of the same clan active at the same time, that's why making up clans would be good, based on skill AND activity smile.gif But I guess we are dividing the clans as time goes on, so perhaps we will eventually get a good division there. I'm happy as things go now, but I'd rather have good divided clans now instead of in 2/3 months wink.gif

+
# 18SeñorEcthelion May 18 2018, 16:12 PM
yes, but not 3.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)