Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Size vd Fargo - BO13 new format 20:15 gmt

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1-DoMiNaToR- Feb 28 2024, 19:58 PM
will be new format by new sponsor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tm3ZQLAhA0

sponsored by Jan

Win with weaker armies, win additional cash!

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2-NickName Feb 29 2024, 09:53 AM
Wp Size.

+
# 3jasZH Feb 29 2024, 10:11 AM
"If beat the opponent with 20k float end of game - bonus $20" bigsize rule? tongue.gif

+
# 4Fred Smit Feb 29 2024, 11:15 AM
Great job Jan Anderson, i really like this new format, hope to see more of it smile.gif

+
# 5-DoMiNaToR- Feb 29 2024, 12:07 PM
Any other comments on new format?

Is this good as a one off? Keep seeing fresh stuff?

Or is it good to just continue exactly the same

+
# 6Fred Smit Feb 29 2024, 12:53 PM
Jan was already working on it in chat yesterday, and making improvements,
i would go for a more fixed mappool?(Keep seeing fresh stuff?), so players can better prepare, the map you made when you where 14, should be in it for sure ^^

Here is the format jan made

Best of 13
First 3 matches must be on 2v2 maps - these count as 2 matches so each win is 2 wins to that player)
Remainder of maps are on 1v1 maps

Dominator chooses all maps

Players Can choose any faction every match. If you want air every match thatís fine.
However this will affect the prize pot later on. See details further down!

Players can also decided on the starting cash - 10K, 20K, or 50K. Again this affects the prize! Let's see what they will choose!?

Each match win = $5 (any win at all)

BONUSES & EXTRA OPTIONS:

If you win any matches with:
Air
Stealth
GLA
Demo
Tox
Bonus = zero

If you win as:
Infantry
Laser
USA
Bonus = $5

If you win as:
China
Nuke
Tank
Super weapon
Bonus = $10

If beat the opponent with 20k float end of game - bonus $20

Win any match with 20k starting cash - $5 bonus

Win any match with 50k starting cash - $10 bonus

If a player wins as USA without building a single Vee - 10% added to total prize money (including bonuses)

If a player wins as GLA without building a single quad - 10% added to total prize money (including bonuses)

If a player wins as China without building a single air unit (helix or mig) - add 10% to total prize money (including bonuses)

If a player wins by 3 rounds or more - $50

If a player wins the decider - $50

Once a player wins, or If it goes to decider match, this game will be played:
4v4 map

Each player has 2 AI hard army allies
20k cash

prize for win = 20% of opponents prize money (the amount they would have won taking everything into account)

edit: at first glance , it looks a bit complicated, Jan also mentioned in chat, that winner can walk away with $40 but when played smart can also be $400, maybe look at it again , make it simpler to understand for everyone

This post has been edited by Fred Smit: Feb 29 2024, 13:29 PM

+
# 7MEGAHUGEEWHOOPN Feb 29 2024, 13:37 PM
I really liked the format. Its not that complicated once you break it down.
Big fan of the bigger maps myself, so the 1v1 on 2v2maps or larger I think bring a new excitement to watch, wondering if one will go aggressive or greedy and see where it goes-

+
# 8-NickName Feb 29 2024, 15:10 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Feb 29 2024, 12:07 PM) *

Any other comments on new format?

Is this good as a one off? Keep seeing fresh stuff?

Or is it good to just continue exactly the same

I think Lift has some comments, flame him for it tongue.gif

I like the format, nice to see something different. Better than having random reverse all the time. I like how players can pick their own army and get rewarded for that. However, I doubt if this works with 50k and/or on bigger maps. Swg in 50k is quite good. China on a bigger map is better vs USA than it is on the standard maps. I think 50k is a bit too much, and it is perhaps better to change it to 10k and 20k only. Will be a bit more balanced too with the listed weaker armies. You can win with swg (+$10) on 50k (+$10) and float 20k in the end (+$20).

Also not really a fan of the 3v3 at the end with 2 AI's. Was fun to see it once, but I don't think was that good to see more often. Rather see a dual (or even triple) army format.

In addition to that, might also be an idea to have a bonus for other weird formats/maps. Like play on a gla with power map, a 100% cash bounty map, dual armies map, play on a big(ger) map etc etc.

Anyways, any format that makes Fargo rage is a good one though laugh.gif

QUOTE(MEGAHUGEEWHOOPN @ Feb 29 2024, 13:37 PM) *

I really liked the format. Its not that complicated once you break it down.
Big fan of the bigger maps myself, so the 1v1 on 2v2maps or larger I think bring a new excitement to watch, wondering if one will go aggressive or greedy and see where it goes-

Yes agree. I had the idea for a tournament like that where you play 1v1s on 4-8 player maps. I once had an amazing nuke mirror on Death Valley, that came to the last scaffold. With these maps, it is always the question: do I expand, do I attack, do I defend? And what to attack/defend?

+
# 9Fargo Feb 29 2024, 15:40 PM
QUOTE(-NickName @ Feb 29 2024, 16:10 PM) *

I think Lift has some comments, flame him for it tongue.gif

I like the format, nice to see something different. Better than having random reverse all the time. I like how players can pick their own army and get rewarded for that. However, I doubt if this works with 50k and/or on bigger maps. Swg in 50k is quite good. China on a bigger map is better vs USA than it is on the standard maps. I think 50k is a bit too much, and it is perhaps better to change it to 10k and 20k only. Will be a bit more balanced too with the listed weaker armies. You can win with swg (+$10) on 50k (+$10) and float 20k in the end (+$20).

Also not really a fan of the 3v3 at the end with 2 AI's. Was fun to see it once, but I don't think was that good to see more often. Rather see a dual (or even triple) army format.

In addition to that, might also be an idea to have a bonus for other weird formats/maps. Like play on a gla with power map, a 100% cash bounty map, dual armies map, play on a big(ger) map etc etc.

Anyways, any format that makes Fargo rage is a good one though laugh.gif
Yes agree. I had the idea for a tournament like that where you play 1v1s on 4-8 player maps. I once had an amazing nuke mirror on Death Valley, that came to the last scaffold. With these maps, it is always the question: do I expand, do I attack, do I defend? And what to attack/defend?

Im ur team mate, still like me to rage sad.gif

Clan: -HuGe|

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)