Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Somebody make a MOD that simply removes all features.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Incia Jun 28 2020, 14:42 PM
I don't know how to MOD unfortunately but here's a project idea for someone.

Nostalgia Trip MOD

All the singleplayer veterans on Steam forum keep spamming 'balance mods' to the online players, where MODs DON'T even work online so they are 100 % pointless. MODs only work for campaign and Skirmish. So why not do the opposite?

MOD OUT all the patches and added features.

Then the singleplayer veterans can duke the crap out of this MOD, and we quickmatch players can actually get our balance patches from Petroglyph.

Just a thought.

Should make both targeted audiences happy. Single and multiplayer people.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2Leikeze Jun 28 2020, 15:04 PM
Sounds like a good idea, except that QM players are the minority...

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3FUzziBabes Jul 7 2020, 11:10 AM
I think all we really want is a local replay function! laugh.gif

+
# 4Incia Jul 7 2020, 14:31 PM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Jul 7 2020, 14:10 PM) *

I think all we really want is a local replay function! laugh.gif

Point I originally aaaaages ago registered here was to watch replays as the website says, as that's what I enjoy the most. Recently really started to like twitch as you can just chill and watch games live.
This new replay function in-game however, where we can observe everyone live and watch everyones replays is making this a field day for me. No need to upload any games, you just search for it and find it. Like, my latest game was versus a apache rusher which I won, that was a nice game, no need to upload it, everyone can find it by just searching 'incia'. smile.gif

On topic: And everyone is so concerned on steam forums that even tiniest balance patches will ruin the nostalgia, that's why I had the idea of a MOD or maybe a simple revert-patch button in-game. If you really want to play the original you just delete the patches and you're good to go. Easiest fanmade solution to this would be simply a MOD, maybe keep all the crash fixes and bug fixes but simply revert all balance changes. So everyone will be happy.

EDIT:
Had a field day with the replay functions today, found out that shortbus is Player. That's interesting, so now we know shortbus is rank 44 currently.

This post has been edited by Incia: Jul 10 2020, 17:13 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)