Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

TD Tournament Feedback and Discussion

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1phantom9399 Jun 14 2020, 16:00 PM
After the launch of our first tournament we would like to get some feedback on how we can improve the experience for the players. This can be anything from the streams, the map pool or even how many games per round. We are open to new map suggestions as we are looking to expand the map pool with new unique community maps.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Luvaskot Jun 14 2020, 17:54 PM
Maps: Symmetrical 1v1 map, large maps works better for that game I guess.

Game Speed: Fastest

Starting Units: None

Redeployable MCV

This post has been edited by Luvaskot: Jun 14 2020, 17:59 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Incia Jun 15 2020, 00:53 AM
QUOTE(Luvaskot @ Jun 14 2020, 20:54 PM) *

Maps: Symmetrical 1v1 map, large maps works better for that game I guess.

Game Speed: Fastest

Starting Units: None

Redeployable MCV

wut? Have fun trying to target bikes on fastest.

Also why not just ladder maps? And ladder rules, this is what the competitive players play and practice on a daily basis.

And hopefully no redeployable MCV, that would ruin a lot of things and was never a thing in TD.

This post has been edited by Incia: Jun 15 2020, 23:29 PM

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 4JulzzZ Jun 15 2020, 01:21 AM
At the very least use QuickMap maps.. some of the maps that were chosen are very questionable.

Instead you choose maps that it's difficult to deploy an Airstrip, and ones that could last forever with only one bridge to cross.

Definitely get symmetrical maps.

Also just being picky here, but I'd like for once a tourney to not be 10pm my time or after biggrin.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 5Kharniege Jun 15 2020, 21:03 PM
A discord server to meet up with the other participants as there is no way to talk with players in-game, also a good way to be able to contact Admins/Moderators if need be.

+
# 6Luvaskot Jun 15 2020, 22:00 PM
QUOTE(Incia @ Jun 15 2020, 02:53 AM) *

Also why not just ladder maps? And ladder rules, this is what the competitive players play and practice on a daily basis.

This game have never ever been or never ever will be a competitive game at all.

+
# 7Leikeze Jun 15 2020, 22:32 PM
QUOTE(Kharniege @ Jun 15 2020, 17:03 PM) *

A discord server to meet up with the other participants as there is no way to talk with players in-game, also a good way to be able to contact Admins/Moderators if need be.

We have the IPB Image for that.

If you're in that Discord, you'll have contact with any of the referees for the events that go on in these sections, and can easily contact your opponents, if they too have joined the server.

QUOTE(Luvaskot @ Jun 15 2020, 18:00 PM) *

It was like most games of its day, a fun, fast paced game meant to be played with your friends when you came over to their house on Friday night.

Which is still how I play it.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 8Incia Jun 15 2020, 23:27 PM
QUOTE(Luvaskot @ Jun 16 2020, 01:00 AM) *

Now that's the spirit.

+
# 9KerNnie Jun 16 2020, 10:40 AM
No Starting units.

Game speed normal or fast. I have done some testing on fast and it is not clearly better, more testing needed.

Include more ladder maps (not tib gardens).

Thank you to everyone that contributes to these tournaments.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 10FUzziBabes Jun 16 2020, 11:43 AM
I like the idea of one starting unit as an early scout, we can always have the next tournament with no starting units and then the next one we can try with one starting unit or vice versa. I like the idea of an early starting scout to have an opportunity to spot early rushes but I'm not against no units at the start.

As seen above the faster speed settings will just be another buff for NOD as it makes it even harder to target bikes in a world where, as far as I know, NOD is already much preferred. I'm definitely keen for the speed to be moved to fast but I definitely wouldn't want it any higher then that.

Hopefully the map pool will be better and we can find some balanced 1vs1 maps smile.gif

+
# 11Luvaskot Jun 16 2020, 12:31 PM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Jun 16 2020, 13:43 PM) *

I like the idea of an early starting scout to have an opportunity to spot early rushes but I'm not against no units at the start.

It is quite the opposite, idea of an early starting scout gives you an opportunity to attack helicopter rush or fast engineer rushes via transport helicopter before your opponent build their war factory.

+
# 12cwedvin Jun 16 2020, 13:33 PM
QUOTE(JulzzZ @ Jun 15 2020, 01:21 AM) *

At the very least use QuickMap maps.. some of the maps that were chosen are very questionable.

Instead you choose maps that it's difficult to deploy an Airstrip, and ones that could last forever with only one bridge to cross.

Definitely get symmetrical maps.

Also just being picky here, but I'd like for once a tourney to not be 10pm my time or after biggrin.gif

14 gmt again was for you?

(Just so I can see what I can work with.)

Clan: Cant win

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 13Claymore92 Jun 16 2020, 16:43 PM
QUOTE(Kharniege @ Jun 15 2020, 21:03 PM) *

If you ever need me, I visit GameReplays 10 times a day.

+
# 14JulzzZ Jun 17 2020, 01:25 AM
QUOTE(cwedvin @ Jun 16 2020, 23:33 PM) *

14 gmt again was for you?

(Just so I can see what I can work with.)

I don't remember what GMT time was for this tourney, but it was 10pm when it started - not as bad as other tourneys. My brain is usually switched off at this time though and in bed biggrin.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 15methuselah Jun 19 2020, 21:18 PM
nublet question, is it single engineer cap? I feel like from the council it is, wondering how that is going?

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 16Incia Jun 19 2020, 21:44 PM
QUOTE(methuselah @ Jun 20 2020, 00:18 AM) *

nublet question, is it single engineer cap? I feel like from the council it is, wondering how that is going?

It's single engineer capturing in TD. It's multiple in Red Alert.
Patch turned speed to fast, now TD is all about engyrush, so fast ruined the game.

+
# 17Luvaskot Jun 19 2020, 22:02 PM
Problem is not the speed. It is the APC itself. Since they cannot be targeted by tank shells and missiles, APCs are basically not dying. So best way to fix that is either make it like in RA1 by multiple engineers being needed to capture a structure or slow down the speed of APCs, so tank shells and missiles can catch it. Game speed it fine, mechanics are already simple and boring enough, no need to make players wait for an hour to get a war factory.

This post has been edited by Luvaskot: Jun 19 2020, 22:11 PM

+
# 18Incia Jun 19 2020, 22:41 PM
There were 0 engyrushes on normal.
When fast speed was introduced there were 100% engyrushes every single game.
Fast speed ruined TD.

And the suggestion about needing 5 engys to capture a power plant, please no, this makes them 100% useless and only useful on con yard capturing which limits the possibilities to capture a base building and be worth it by 95%.

+
# 19FUzziBabes Jun 19 2020, 23:04 PM
I think the 1 engineer capture buildings and fast speed is fine. I think if they implement a delay like in CNC3 to captures then it's fair game. Think it was 3 seconds.

This gives you enough time to snipe the engineers even if its a 5 packed APC as it takes time to unload it. I've seen a few games today where the players scout the engineer early and then build units to stop it. In every instance (that I watched admittedly, not in general) if there had been a delay between the engineer getting to the structure and the capture going through, the engineer would have been killed. But because its instant, even though the player had anti infantry near by, it was impossible to stop because of instant capture.

+
# 20Incia Jun 19 2020, 23:08 PM
A delay would be wonderful. I wonder if that transport animation could be coded in TD? When you enter units into a transport it takes ages, maybe could have similar function when 'entering engineers into buildings'. That would be at least a 1 second delay if the other option can't be coded.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)