Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

TD Tower Defence Map, open for ideas & suggestions!?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Incia Oct 22 2020, 19:54 PM
Tower Defence Map Testing

Have worked on this map the past few weeks, open for suggestions.
What 'big boss' could I add at the end? Game is kind of limited on units. smile.gif

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2Noodlesocks Oct 22 2020, 20:05 PM
I'd suggest maybe smaller groups that come more frequently to avoid pathing and waypoint queuing issues.

Maybe some apaches to attack defending infantry around the power plants.

I'd also maybe say another path coming from the north so you can't just pile a bunch of turrets on one section smile.gif

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 3Incia Oct 22 2020, 20:09 PM
QUOTE(Noodlesocks @ Oct 22 2020, 23:05 PM) *

I'd also maybe say another path coming from the north so you can't just pile a bunch of turrets on one section smile.gif

Hmm... interesting. I'll give this a thought.
Like "Y" way?
And would be advised to spam turrets in the choke in the middle... could be interesting.

+
# 4JulzzZ Oct 23 2020, 06:03 AM
I've been waiting for something like this. Much funner if you made a multiplayer one though! Can make 2-3 paths and such if its up to 4 players too.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 5Incia Oct 23 2020, 12:06 PM
Saw a few of these 'multiplayer' tower defences on the workshop. I personally don't understand the joy in these cause it's all human versus human. 1 player spams units through a choke and 2-3 friends defend the choke. So it's just 3 defenders versus 1 spammer. 0 scripting, and you can't play it alone. tongue.gif

If the singleplayer scripting and cut-scenes still works for multiplayer then yeah it could be a nice treat, 1 player defends either sides and you have to coop versus the AI attack waves. Not sure that's possible though. But yeah that could be fun.

EDIT: Do anyone know if it's possible to do coop campaign missions? Cause that would be epic to be honest.

This post has been edited by Incia: Oct 23 2020, 17:00 PM

+
# 6JulzzZ Oct 24 2020, 04:03 AM
QUOTE(Incia @ Oct 23 2020, 22:06 PM) *

EDIT: Do anyone know if it's possible to do coop campaign missions? Cause that would be epic to be honest.

I suppose you can make a multiplayer map where you have to vs AI which is essentially like a campaign. This would be epic ohmy.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 7Incia Oct 31 2020, 16:29 PM
hmm... I unboxed the 'singleplayer mission' on my tower defense map. You could start it with both being Nod, but the objectives get screwed. I mean I won the custom map by building PP, HoN and stole the skirmish AIs construction yard. (as we both started with mcv, the skirmish game rules). And objective seems to be whatever you choose (destroy all enemy buildings).

So it does work having scripts in a multiplayer map but the win conditions and other rules can't be scripted because they are hardcoded to the multiplayer rules, like you can choose destroy all buildings, destroy everything, capture the flag. So these rules seem to overwrite whatever is scripted.

So I don't think a traditional tower defense multiplayer will work unfortunately, but this was fun experimentation.

Biggest problem is that you can choose a faction and you always start with an MCV, so that ruins the whole specific singleplayer mission design, and obviously all cut-scenes because instantly unavailable when unboxing singleplayer mission.

So what I think the other tower defense maps do is that you simply just spawn with a mcv and then one dude spams tanks and two friends just build towers to defend, like there's no scripting, just 3 friends playing a skirmish map their own way. Soooo you can do this yourself, just launch a skirmish map and write in chat the rules, player 1 spams tanks, and player 2-3 team up and spam turrets. smile.gif

UPDATE:
I have updated the original tower defense map, it has 2 different routes now so you have to make more strategical placements of turrets, you also start with a possible chinook engy cap to get access to 1 chinook early. The 2 old com centres are now in single mountains, you need chinook to access them.

Bugs I want to iron out before release:

1: AI seems to be confused with the 2 routes now, and sometimes goes from route A to B and then back to base or just in a circle, instead of choosing one route to get to the objective.

2: Enemy chinook + infantry drops don't seem to always attack nearest buildings, they go for my towers instead of easily sniping my power plants.

3: Orcas/apaches seems to have a hard time choosing a target to attack, randomly shoots whatever, very confusing and annoying.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)