Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Tengu instaturning is a bug- so add it to bug list

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Bashley Sep 11 2021, 13:42 PM
I spoke about it enough elsewhere, so it's about time to make it a little more known

Problem: Tengu instaturning 'without an animation' is clear bug which has become quite prevalent on revora

Initial solution: add to list of unacceptable bugs in tourneys. I think when it's defined as clearly unfair and is banned, I should hope to see it less in normal games too as some people have some moral compass. e.g rare to see tengu stacking or landing on buildings with tengus on purpose as it's clearly defined as unacceptable bug in the community.

Arguments:

firstly, I have to add that it's sad I must even argue for the ban of a bug smile.gif

How is it a bug?
There is literally no animation for the tengu turning (promotes 0 counter play)

Apollos/migs can turn on the spot, why should tengu not be able to?
Appolos and migs HAVE an animation to fast turning, this promotes counter play, we see all the time adequate empire players chasing with tengus when migs/appolos quick turn. when there is no animation such with the tengus, there is no time to react.

Then maybe we should make it so tengu can turn like appolos/migs can!
No. Tengus are already very strong and have their own unique micro, tengus can run into appolos/migs in the air and still be able to shoot, whereas appolos/migs cannot. Tengus can dodge bombs, go on land air and sea on a low cooldown. This unit is already strong, don't make it stronger.

Bashley i still think ur wrong.
Lost cause.

btw last thing, if you do not know what bug i'm talking about, this is a good thing and i don't want you to know, hopefully you will never have games with it smile.gif

fire away

Game: League of Legends

+
# 2Dimon0000000 Sep 11 2021, 15:14 PM
Bashley you are wrong smile.gif
Because its not about animation. This bug let tengu turn around instantly, without lose speed and time. Game mechanic imply its impossible for mech units. Apollos and migs can turn around, but it takes time(even if apollo not moving rn) and reduce speed to 0, what is logically. So it means, this is obviously dirty and shamefull bug. And, since after years of playing I still have no idea how to do it, probably using of this bug imply some special action, which game control options doesnt imply. Which imply aforethought and make this bug even more dirty.
And since you opened this question here, I personally want offer to ban another dirty things: obvious wasting of time in tournament games(when opponent obviously lost any chance to fight, but keep sit in game, move mcv in corners of the map etc) and using of dogs/bears on the way of water harvester to make him stuck.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3Bashley Sep 11 2021, 17:44 PM
Dimon, i maybe was not clear enough, but i think the same thing, i know it's at 100% speed after turning, i know it's instant turn and not the same as migs and appolos. i said there is no counterplay to tengu bug, but there is counterplay to migs/appolos.

Please anyone, what's important is "yes, it should be banned" or "no it should not be banned".

+
# 4cwedvin Sep 11 2021, 17:47 PM
No
it should rather be fixed. <- that is for sure.

I don't like it, but its really hard to pull off over and over and over again.

Clan: Cant win

+
# 5Constable Chris Sep 11 2021, 19:06 PM
It's really about the Jet Tengu's locomotor which is a term the game uses to describe how units behave when moving, turning, making sharp turns...etc. Basically anything related to movement.

If making the Tengus turn in the same fashion as migs and apollos (with a delay) is not acceptable, then yes, the only option is to ban this bug because there is no guarantee that this exploit can be fixed in a way that completely prevents users from pulling it off.

I will look into this more as soon as possible.

QUOTE(Dimon0000000 @ Sep 11 2021, 15:14 PM) *

Bashley you are wrong smile.gif
Because its not about animation. This bug let tengu turn around instantly, without lose speed and time. Game mechanic imply its impossible for mech units. Apollos and migs can turn around, but it takes time(even if apollo not moving rn) and reduce speed to 0, what is logically. So it means, this is obviously dirty and shamefull bug. And, since after years of playing I still have no idea how to do it, probably using of this bug imply some special action, which game control options doesnt imply.

How did you know it was not intended for mechs specifically? This whole exploit was not an intended feature to begin with. Tengus, Apollos, Migs or whatever. It was something players discovered and started using it, simply because the way the units are set up allow it. This does not make it an intended feature, nor is there anything in the code that suggests it was intended.

This post has been edited by Constable Chris: Sep 11 2021, 19:17 PM

Clan: H2O

+
# 6Bashley Sep 11 2021, 21:07 PM
QUOTE(cwedvin @ Sep 11 2021, 17:47 PM) *

No
it should rather be fixed. <- that is for sure.

I don't like it, but its really hard to pull off over and over and over again.

It's not hard to pull off really, but i refuse to explain it. also, if u want it fixed, u want it gone smile.gif maybe we should not ban tengu stacking, rather we should just fix it... come on man, how silly is this comment?

sure fix it, but 'initial response' ban it

+
# 7Dimon0000000 Sep 12 2021, 01:05 AM
QUOTE(Constable Chris @ Sep 12 2021, 05:06 AM) *

I will look into this more as soon as possible.
How did you know it was not intended for mechs specifically? This whole exploit was not an intended feature to begin with. Tengus, Apollos, Migs or whatever. It was something players discovered and started using it, simply because the way the units are set up allow it. This does not make it an intended feature, nor is there anything in the code that suggests it was intended.

Because tengus, vx, onis, any other mech units, have very noticable delay to any action you order them to do. Focus on target, change duration of movement, literally everything. Mechanic of the game imply it. Only exception - reverse move, which have special button, units move with low speed, game mechanic imply it. Its natural behaviour of units in this game. Feature of apollos to turn around faster can be used by natural control of this unit, without any special acts which not imply for this unit. Simple example - you know, after snipe driver of tank, you can take this tank with infantry, just take any infantry unit and directly order him to move in tank. Its naturally, game mechanic imply it. But bug №27839 of this great game let you take this tank with a lot of other units, which shouldn't be able to do it. I even dont mention logical, coding and another obvious problems.

MODERATION NOTICE
Message adjusted and set visible again. -Chris

This post has been edited by Constable Chris: Sep 12 2021, 13:46 PM

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)