Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

The Battle of Minas Tirith (Arcade)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1dukejason Dec 6 2012, 06:21 AM
This is a arcade version of the battle of minas tirith meaning it is not historical.Please keep in mind this is beta.I have added attachment file so that players may try this exciting scenario and give me feedback as i am looking to complete this project in the next few days.I am looking foward to doing other great battles of middle earth,since the world is returning back to lotr.

Instructions:
USE WINRAR TO EXTRACT

Type in search %appdata% then go to roaming,then go to my bfme files and add file to maps.

start up bfme and go to options and shut music completely off,leave sound effects.Also put graphics to ultra.

Go to solo mode/skirmish and then to player made maps and you should see map.

This was tested on patch 1.03 and 1.04 .

Recommended system spec: quad core/great video card/8g of ram/1080p.

Will work on strong duel core with great video card and ram.

In this scenario you will see many new heroes for you to enjoy and test out.Try to make it to Grom with your doors in good health if you can. I look foward to feed back.

Update:This is link to youtube video of beta: youtube

Attached Image

SS from alpha

Update:There will also be a evil version were you get to be sauron and mordor.

Link to winRAR: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/300...4-10965579.html

This is the complete version of Minas Tirith Arcade,I worked hard and I hope all will enjoy.
Attached File map_good_minas_tirith_3.rar
Size: 415.61k
Number of downloads: 391

This post has been edited by dukejason: Dec 15 2012, 13:34 PM

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2Felixanius Dec 6 2012, 13:35 PM
Did anyone try this? I'm interested but not before someone I know says it's worth.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3dukejason Dec 6 2012, 16:04 PM
ive been on this forum before most new it existed,i am known by some around here and i can assure you that it is easy to install and file is safe.This a very playable scenario and wanted to show the direction i am going.i am planning a tuffer ai but wanted to get feedback as is.

Its a single player scenario that i think people will like.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Dec 7 2012, 07:21 AM

+
# 4Amateur`Hour Dec 7 2012, 07:51 AM
Are there orcs involved?

Game: League of Legends

+
# 5dukejason Dec 7 2012, 08:23 AM
yes ,there many orcs to kill.

+
# 6Fishy Dec 7 2012, 09:34 AM
I tested it and its really crazy. Shit loads of units everywhere even worse then original Minas Tirith.

Too bad that some heroes cant be rebuild and i couldnt enjoy the game rly...i was barely able to focus on what was going on around gate. The rest was just autofighting.

Also the cool down time of speels is too long imho too. I had all spells before i was able to use 1st summon.

The best start i guess is to make at least 10 trebs and bombard area before gate so all rams and trolls are down easily. Also get down at least 1 camp at start.

Good thing to place there free Marketplace, free Rohan Armory and rohan bulding spot. Also good placement of towers, trebs and posterns.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 7Felixanius Dec 7 2012, 14:16 PM
I just played it and it was pretty okay.

The Mumas didn't attack! I had to lure them to the walls.

Overall it was still way too easy. If it should be interesting try to create something that you can't beat on your first effort. I just had to make some catas and archers on the walls and the pc had no chance. Furthermore I had like 200pps after 5 mins, so aod way too fast even though there is a long cooldown.

But if someone likes big victories and lvl 10 Gandi and Ara this map is nice.

+
# 8dukejason Dec 7 2012, 15:27 PM
This is beta ,the next version will be tuff as nails.what i wanted to ask you guys was how did it run on your system was there any ingame lag or anytype of bugs?

I am also going to add on some never before seen gondor combos.

There is 1080 video of beta on youtube.

The biggest problem with editor is that you have to add features bit by bit to make sure there are no bugs.

The next patch is coming today or tommorow and i can assure you that your walls will be reached this time,and lets just say that it wont be so easy,you can consider what youve just played as easy mode for bug testing.Next youll get a challenge and i will look to tweek difficulty next.

Next time it wont just be your gate,the siege will force you to defend entire wall on both sides.

Once breached youll have to save the city,it should be fun.

Next Update:

All heroes will start with double health points

Isildur has been removed

Difficulty will be increased.

population cap will go to 550 for gondor.

I will include more rare units for you too see and use.

Update: This is latest update,you will see a diffrence from last patch in difficulty and overall flow of battle.You may find yourself fighting on second level.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Dec 8 2012, 08:54 AM

Attached File(s)
Size: 415.14k
Number of downloads: 143

+
# 9Felixanius Dec 8 2012, 13:11 PM
Okay, this time was really way better. Start was very cool when mass Ogers came to the gate. In midgame I struggled a bit and they made it on to my walls and killed many of my archers. There were mass trolls and rams at my gate but they didnt get it down, when gronk came, it was so crowded there, that gronk didnt get a single hit and I could kill him. The Aod saved me here and after I used it and killed everything it was basically gg.

Again, the Mumakils didn't attack and just stood there.

Cool thing, that the Rohirrim came and ran over the map, but they are useless cause they don't kill anything, maybe you should give them ups.

In late midgame it became boring again, cause nothing new happened and I had enough lvled archers to kill everything that came there. Maybe you can make one more wave with many many Ogers and trolls attacking not only the gate but also the walls.

I think the start money has a perfect amount.

Still I won on first attempt, but this time was harder and so more fun, but still I would rather play a game where I have to use some tactics and not only put the archers on the walls. Would be cool if they get the gate down and run in with mass trolls, so I have to go to the upper ring and defend there. (Is there a way to put a gate there and other wall-treb spots?)

Anyway, well done but it still can be improved I guessed and then it will be real fun.

Edit: It ran very good on my system (quadcore intel i5, 8gb Ram...) Just one little lag when I used the aod, but there were thousends of units out there so I think no way around it.

+
# 10dukejason Dec 8 2012, 13:38 PM
The pile up with grom will be addressed,aswell as the gate being nerfed.I am going to buff siege equip.

UPDATE: This is updated with fixes I mentioned.Gameplay will be smooth ,elephants will be left as is for now.The game flow will be different in this update.

Size: 415.14k
Number of downloads: 140

This is current version I have also updated first post aswell.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Dec 9 2012, 03:56 AM

+
# 11Felixanius Dec 8 2012, 17:05 PM
Ye this one was better, they got my gate down and I had to back up on second ring, but here I had no probs defending and could kill all easily, then I killed camps with aod and ents/ rohirrim.

good job

+
# 12dukejason Dec 9 2012, 04:00 AM
The next phase is getting accountability for the kills that you make and with what unit.I intend to show stats at the end of each game similar to single player stats at end of solo game.

also looking to tweek as much as possible. will deal with mumakil being defensive.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Dec 9 2012, 04:04 AM

+
# 13Felixanius Dec 9 2012, 16:41 PM
another thing, the cata-soldier combo is pretty useless imo. You could place some catas on the walls instead.

Also the siege is a bit too strong vs arrows. I had like 200 archers with all leadership attacking a siege tower and they needed about a minute to get it down, better let the catas and trolls do more damage on the walls so that they can even break through the wall, that would be cool.

And again, it would be nice if ther would be one more wave of mass Ogers and trolls in lategame smile.gif

+
# 14dukejason Dec 10 2012, 16:25 PM
I have some final changes that will create a tuff but win able challenge.I will do the best i can to make game a smooth as possible.The final cut for this mod is coming soon.The mod works with patch 1.04.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Dec 10 2012, 16:29 PM

+
# 15noob_saibot Dec 12 2012, 07:23 AM
QUOTE(Felixanius @ Dec 9 2012, 16:41 PM) *

And again, it would be nice if ther would be one more wave of mass Ogers and trolls in lategame smile.gif

i know what you mean by trolls, but what are these ogers you are talking about?

+
# 16dukejason Dec 12 2012, 09:35 AM
The mumakil bug has been fixed aswell as rohan reinforcement will come with armor and blades aswell as a new villain will join the seige against gondor.I am also adding a new hero for gondor.I think in this final phase you will all be impressed as i am stepping up the quality off this scenario.I am hoping to have final cut by 14 of dec.I will also have youtube video with commentary on the making of the mod.thanks guys for trying the mod and helping me to create something worth while.This is the first of many projects coming up for bfme 1.

update:there are delays and final edition will be pushed back a few more days.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Dec 15 2012, 02:24 AM

+
# 17Fishy Dec 12 2012, 14:13 PM
QUOTE(noob_saibot @ Dec 12 2012, 07:23 AM) *

but what are these ogers you are talking about?

+1

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 18Felixanius Dec 12 2012, 15:47 PM
QUOTE(dukejason @ Dec 12 2012, 09:35 AM) *

The mumakil bug has been fixed aswell as rohan reinforcement will come with armor and blades aswell as a new villain will join the seige against gondor.I am also adding a new hero for gondor.I think in this final phase you will all be impressed as i am stepping up the quality off this scenario.I am hoping to have final cut by 14 of dec.I will also have youtube video with commentary on the making of the mod.thanks guys for trying the mod and helping me to create something worth while.This is the first of many projects coming up for bfme 1.

I think it's great that there is someone who still makes some new things for bfme I! Keep it up!

Ogers are even bigger than trolls, ah just translated it, in English it's "Ogre" xD
Thought it's the same word...

+
# 19noob_saibot Dec 14 2012, 09:00 AM
QUOTE(Felixanius @ Dec 12 2012, 15:47 PM) *

Ogers are even bigger than trolls, ah just translated it, in English it's "Ogre" xD
Thought it's the same word...

i know what ogres are. the thing i dont understand is what units they are in bfme. afaik there are no ogres in bfme, so its kind of a tough demand to give to someone making a mod.

+
# 20Felixanius Dec 14 2012, 14:12 PM
QUOTE(noob_saibot @ Dec 14 2012, 09:00 AM) *

i know what ogres are. the thing i dont understand is what units they are in bfme. afaik there are no ogres in bfme, so its kind of a tough demand to give to someone making a mod.

Ah I see, well he did make them. And I think I saw them before in a palyer made map, so it seems to be possible.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)