Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

The Long Night[Minas Tirith] Modification

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1dukejason Jun 19 2019, 18:32 PM
After watching Got , I was inspired by ep.3 and aswell as another game Ive been playing called "They are billions". This Modification is a great single player experience and i will make it for 3 different skill levels so that all can have fun. There is so much more that is possible because of new technology in pc. The Mod will work with all patch versions. I will make medium,hard and brutal settings. The amount of units possible from my last attempt has been greatly increased.

Some changes I am planning:

Mythril mail upgrade for frodo.

Elrond will have Leadership for Elves.

Restoring Sam’s “Frying Pan Bonk”

Adding to and modifying Pippin’s Palantir powers
Palantir map view at level 4,Armor and other upgrades at level 8 (e.g., negative troll leadership)

Adding to and modifying Faramir’s Palantir powers
Athelas spell at level 2
Blade master at level 4
Summon cavalry at level 8 when mounted
Summon rangers at level 10 when on foot
Experience amount granted via “Captain of Gondor”

Adding to and modifying Boromir’s Palantir powers
Change Horn of Gondor level requirement to 1
Blade master at level 2
Summon banner carriers at level 3
Modifications to passive leadership and Captain of Gondor abilities
Summon reinforcements at level 10

Modifying Gandalf’s Palantir
Add Healing aura
Ability to transport a hobbit when mounted

will add death of Frodo to trigger loss

Co-op

End Game Score

I am open to suggestion as long as its possible to implement.

The video I have is early alpha stage version 1.00 and this is medium difficulty. The video is in 720p:

I have uploaded files for some community testing. I also am looking for anyone with high end comp to test high pop cap edition of this mod. I hit bottleneck around 2k. The version i have uploaded is 1.00

PC requirements: quad core i7, 8-16 gb of ram, 1050 ti with 4gb of dedicated ram or better,ssd preferred for optimal use of this mod.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Jun 22 2019, 15:32 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File map_good_minas_tirith_3.rar
Size: 424.38k
Number of downloads: 74

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2Corazon761 Jul 11 2019, 19:24 PM
i played this once and i get crushed, this thing is so hard i remember when it was too easy to win on hard level in campaign, but this one seems unwinnable to me so far
elves/rangers with statue and heroes with catas spam but nothing stoped them it was just looking like the movie when gondor got prety much owned befor rohan arived
also the dmg/hp/exp stuff is wierd, archers with statue can barley hurt nazguls, sauron was the guy who dont wanna die (100k hp or smth?) with this amount of hps from units its kinda hard to rank up hereos and stuff, the sold and tg with catas combination
was new to me it looks nice

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3dukejason Jul 19 2019, 11:04 AM
QUOTE(Corazon761 @ Jul 11 2019, 15:24 PM) *

i played this once and i get crushed, this thing is so hard i remember when it was too easy to win on hard level in campaign, but this one seems unwinnable to me so far
elves/rangers with statue and heroes with catas spam but nothing stoped them it was just looking like the movie when gondor got prety much owned befor rohan arived
also the dmg/hp/exp stuff is weird, archers with statue can barley hurt nazguls, sauron was the guy who dont wanna die (100k hp or smth?) with this amount of hps from units its kinda hard to rank up heroes and stuff, the sold and tg with catas combination
was new to me it looks nice

Thank you for playing,what I would like for you to do next time you have a chance is to make elves on the second level meanwhile purchasing rohan upgrades. Isildur is the counter to Sauron, you must use his power to defeat him. You must control the entrance. You must not stop producing units, fire arrows/leadership and non stop production of Catas.Remeber to make healing wells on both side of entrance. AOD saves the day,and even then you must be ready balrog. Also you must make nazgul priority at the start and make sure to keep treebeard alive as you will need him,bring him into castle. This mod is meant for the hardcore guys who need to be challenged. I consider that to be medium skill, i have hard version Mod ready.

+
# 4Corazon761 Jul 23 2019, 17:22 PM
ok i got it this time, thanks for the advises, its was easier to handle after killing naz and saru/lurtz, true aod saved the day but with their limitless time its kinda op i think
just leave them on the edge of the map where mordor forces comes and thats it.
balrog wasnt a problem aod killed him as fast as in 1.06 (he dont have the extra hp?)
about treebeard, the poor guy was burning all the time and i kept healing him, there was no need for him.
i would like to try the hard version is it gonna be released soon?

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 5dukejason Jul 24 2019, 02:56 AM
QUOTE(Corazon761 @ Jul 23 2019, 13:22 PM) *

ok i got it this time, thanks for the advises, its was easier to handle after killing naz and saru/lurtz, true aod saved the day but with their limitless time its kinda op i think
just leave them on the edge of the map where mordor forces comes and thats it.
balrog wasnt a problem aod killed him as fast as in 1.06 (he dont have the extra hp?)
about treebeard, the poor guy was burning all the time and i kept healing him, there was no need for him.
i would like to try the hard version is it gonna be released soon?

Yes there is hard and then brutal,keep in mind that aid can be hurt and destroyed. I will post up a hard version this week.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)