Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Thinking of coming back to BFME

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1chappY Dec 21 2018, 06:12 AM
I see you guys have had some tournaments recently, that's awesome. What's the online population like for BFME? Is there enough of a community to matchmake? How are matches found?

I just moved and threw out my physical BFME dvd's 2 weeks ago but regardless, I didn't keep them because I didn't see a cd key anywhere on the dvd's or box. Do I need to buy a new one?

Game: None

+
# 2Pallando Dec 21 2018, 16:35 PM
Hi, welcome back. BFME nowadays is mainly played on a platform called Gameranger. There's a certain group of good players who play games there regularly. There's also an online server that functions like the old EA server, except for Quick Match. You can find games on the server sometimes, but the general skill level on the server is rather low-mediocre.

You can download any BFME game here. As for a CD key, there are various ways to get CD keys without buying a new disc *cough*

As any online community, the BFME online community can be special at times.

This post has been edited by Pallando: Dec 21 2018, 16:41 PM

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3SquatsnOats Dec 21 2018, 16:40 PM
QUOTE(Pallando @ Dec 21 2018, 16:35 PM) *

Hi, welcome back. BFME nowadays is mainly played on a platform called "Gameranger". There's a certain group of people who play games regularly.

You can download any BFME game here. As for a CD key, there are various ways to get CD keys without buying a new disc *cough*

As any online community, the BFME online community can be special at times.

This is the HARD way. Here is the easy way:

http://forshire.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html (download at bottom of page) - all included ready to play

https://www.gameranger.com/

Maybe we can pin forshires and the gameranger link to the frontpage so people can easily join us?

+
# 4Beterwel Dec 21 2018, 16:54 PM
QUOTE(SquatsnOats @ Dec 21 2018, 18:40 PM) *

http://forshire.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html (download at bottom of page) - all included ready to play

Maybe we can pin forshires and the gameranger link to the frontpage so people can easily join us?

ye this is the best way, agreed. Lets make the barriers to entry as low as possible.

+
# 5Dunedain` Dec 21 2018, 17:12 PM
QUOTE(SquatsnOats @ Dec 21 2018, 22:10 PM) *

Papas! way is the best.

+
# 6Pallando Dec 21 2018, 17:14 PM
I don't know about you guys... but anyone using Windows 10 can basically just run the ISO file and then put a key from the video in.. all of that without relying on a 3rd party site like mega or whatever the site's name is that is basically throwing ads at you 3 times a second. So saying that this is a lot of work, or saying that is is the "HARD way" is not really true for anyone who can differentiate between apples and bananas. tongue.gif

I'm not denouncing forshire's edition, I think what he did is pretty cool, I completely forgot about it. Personally I prefer to get a clean install of the original game over a 3rd party edit. Also you can set the language (if you don't want English) and get a clean installation of the original game, with all original files. I know forshire's edition is only available in English (it was when it was first released) and has some extra stuff in it that not everyone wants to have necessarily.

Anyway, now he can pick whatever he likes better smile.gif

+
# 7Am0nR2 Dec 21 2018, 21:29 PM
This community is same with Canada's Governoment. Doing everything for get more and more people. When they see someone who want to join, They are rushing like hungry Lions.

+
# 8Dunedain` Dec 21 2018, 21:33 PM
QUOTE(Am0nR2 @ Dec 22 2018, 02:59 AM) *

This community is same with Canada's Governoment. Doing everything for get more and more people. When they see someone who want to join, They are rushing like hungry Lions.

IPB Image

+
# 9SquatsnOats Dec 21 2018, 23:40 PM
QUOTE(Pallando @ Dec 21 2018, 17:14 PM) *

I don't know about you guys... but anyone using Windows 10 can basically just run the ISO file and then put a key from the video in.. all of that without relying on a 3rd party site like mega or whatever the site's name is that is basically throwing ads at you 3 times a second. So saying that this is a lot of work, or saying that is is the "HARD way" is not really true for anyone who can differentiate between apples and bananas. tongue.gif

I'm not denouncing forshire's edition, I think what he did is pretty cool, I completely forgot about it. Personally I prefer to get a clean install of the original game over a 3rd party edit. Also you can set the language (if you don't want English) and get a clean installation of the original game, with all original files. I know forshire's edition is only available in English (it was when it was first released) and has some extra stuff in it that not everyone wants to have necessarily.

Best practise is ofc not 3rd party UNLESS trusted advisor biggrin.gif Forshires verson is perfect. Also if you just download the ISO you have to patch it and zoomout etc. Big hassle.

In 2018 we learned too ignore ads or not??

In 2018 we speak english or not??

+
# 10Pallando Dec 22 2018, 00:44 AM
QUOTE(SquatsnOats @ Dec 22 2018, 00:40 AM) *

Best practise is ofc not 3rd party UNLESS trusted advisor biggrin.gif Forshires verson is perfect. Also if you just download the ISO you have to patch it and zoomout etc. Big hassle.

As I said, it really depends on your motivation. I want a clean game, and accept the hassle of downloading the patches in return. There's even an all-in-one patch installer. It takes me like 2 minutes to get all the patches and install them. I see forshire's version might be more convenient, but I really don't know what forshire (or Paramartha) butchered together in the Online Edition. I trust it is safe, but there are so many tiny (and for me unnecessary) things/tools/programs attached to forshire's version that I don't really need. And my anti-virus kicked both times I installed the online version. Again, I trust it is safe, but if I have the chance to get the clean version, I rather take those 2 extra minutes and install myself a clean version, just containing EA's original files.. it's all I need. I'm not trying to convince you of my point, your point to get the online version is reasonable. But there might be some people who think differently and I'm one of them. tongue.gif

In 2018 we learned too ignore ads or not??

Depending on the person, yes. I mean the "10000 ads in your face"-strategy is probably successful to some extend or they would not do it. Or the idea of implementing fake download buttons/ads on websites. Either way, I prefer downloading things from a site like GameReplays (or Shatabricks) which hosts the original BFME iso. I checked Mega now and they have overhauled their site, so my complaint is no longer applicable in this case.

In 2018 we speak english or not??

Again, depending on the person, yes. Boy have I met people with poor English. Just play a game of CS:GO for a change. Or go to some foreign countries and try to box yourself through the supermarket. Depending on the country, you might find a lot of people who don't speak a single word of English. My point is that some people prefer the game, for whatever reason, be it nostalgia or just comfort, in their native language. And forshire's edition doesn't provide that if you're looking for that.

+
# 11SquatsnOats Dec 22 2018, 01:08 AM
Fair enough.

Still think we need some links to gameranger and forshires blog on the genral forum site or main page smile.gif

+
# 12chappY Dec 22 2018, 11:30 AM
Will I be able to play vs you guys as a NA player?

Game: None

+
# 13RyanLane Dec 22 2018, 12:31 PM
yes

+
# 14Plokite_Wolf Dec 23 2018, 14:10 PM
QUOTE(SquatsnOats @ Dec 21 2018, 17:40 PM) *

Forshire's version = shit

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 15forshire Dec 26 2018, 13:17 PM
Some friends told me about this topic. So i came here to respond. I'm not specifically targeting someone this post.

1- The source of my editions is original BFME Discs. So talking about the files like they not original is very funny. What do you think? I created my own bfme files to make new editions? I would fix the lag shit if i am capable to create new bfme files. But i am not EA games.

2- Trying to making bad İmage about my edtions by telling "i like to install clean version" or "my antivirus warn me" is no good. My editions clean more than your computer. You could see a note if you read the installation notes.--->
-You might get "false positive" warning by antivirus during installation, that is because I have added a script to generate unique cd-key only for you. So people can play on LAN or ONLİNE without and CD-KEY problems. Also added automatic screen resolution script and tool to make user game perfectly FİT the screen.

The problem is not me(who created the logic of these stuff) or not Paramartha (who coded my logic's). The problem is your Antivirus which makes a good money for its creators, yet cant realize the differences between a virus and harmless script.

3- Except some cleaver guys, rest of the community uses my editions included all pros. (bfme1- bfme2)

4- Do you really want to help this community? Really? How will you lead the new players? Telling them Download this iso (CLEAN!!!) then install deamon tools. Find image files and use them to open your game. And install patches if you can find them, and use some tools if you need. Oh wait i miss something. You need key generator and you need to enter the key manually. After all of these steps you might get "Autodefeated Problem" or "game crash" error because of "mybfmefiles" folder. Also... never mind cant write here any longer... On the other hand you have a single installation file. Just click and install all included ready to play. (Fixed all errors)But you dont tell it to people because you didn't create it. Oh wait you love the bfme and wanna help to people who wants to play this game.

5- You can not keep a game alive making some barriers which are coming from your EGO.

6- If someone tells me that my editions are shit i would say him "you are the shit". I am glad no one told me that. No one among in 25k people (bfme 1 has been downaloded 25k)

7- I did not make this post because i want to link my blog from gamereplays.org... I haven't checked my blog since 2016. Honestly, i dont care. Note: my blog hits 4 million click since its created, yet i don't have any single ads on it. So tell me again who works for the bfme and it'!s small community?

This post has been edited by forshire: Dec 26 2018, 13:30 PM

+
# 16LATINO Dec 26 2018, 13:33 PM
Bestshire 🇹🇷

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 17Pallando Jan 1 2019, 15:09 PM
You say you're not targeting anyone in specific, but considering that only 2 people here did refrain from strongly encouraging others to use your online edition, including myself, I feel somewhat targeted. I wonder what these "some friends" told you. Must've been serious considering you have not shown here in a long time. All my critique here was not even hateful. I never had a problem with you forshire, but yet, until today, you have not learned to tolerate any other opinion than your own.

Well, referring to this post... why do you get so defensive? I never said your version is bad, I just don't like it for myself. In my first post I honestly forgot about your online edition because I've never used it after using it for a short time in 2014 (and never had an autodefeat issue since server times). By the way you don't need Daemon Tools anymore with Windows 10. I honestly don't care who installs your version and who doesn't, I choose not to. Why? Well.. I'm capable of installing and managing my game, and yes, have as much control as possible over what's being installed on my PC.

QUOTE(forshire @ Dec 26 2018, 14:17 PM) *

You can not keep a game alive making some barriers which are coming from your EGO.

What EGO? The EGO that I install the original game? I even said that players should choose whatever they want? I stated the reasons why people might choose to not install your version.

QUOTE(Pallando @ Dec 21 2018, 18:14 PM) *

Spoiler

NO CD-KEY NEEDED !

NO CRACK OR IMAGE FILES !

Autodefeated Problem Solved!!

Graphic Bug Fixed!!

Game Crashes Fixed!!

Auto-detect Screen Resolution İmplemented

All gaming styles playable

Added BfME Replay Manager Plus Tool

Added Bfme Patch Switcher.

Added Deamon Tools Image Files for the older patches. (1.05- 1.06 doesn't need that)

Added Desktop Mode Support and Tool

Added Music Switcher Tool

Added Map-pack and Best Replays

Advanced Zoom Out File

I don't need any of this stuff. I installed BFME as I need it in about 5 or 10 minutes. It's not a struggle.

But you dont tell it to people because you didn't create it. Oh wait you love the bfme and wanna help to people who wants to play this game.

Again.. I know you like to praise yourself. Not everyone thinks like you. I'm happy for you that you're proud of your online edition, and as I said, I think it's pretty cool. Yet some people like me choose to not install it. There are so many things to potentially be jealous about in life, but I'm sorry to say that your online edition is not up there...

Note: my blog hits 4 million click since its created, yet i don't have any single ads on it. So tell me again who works for the bfme and it'!s small community?

Congratulations. I never said you did not do anything good for the community. I just stated why I don't want to install your version. Accept it. I accept that other people like to install your version.

With that being said, happy new year everyone, whether you have forshire's version installed or not.

Spoiler

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Pallando: Jan 1 2019, 17:39 PM

+
# 18N0NS3NSE`` Jan 2 2019, 21:37 PM
Hi! I can't believe some of the people I used to play with still play this game. <3 I'm not really gaming much anymore but I was thinking of BFME the other day and then found this topic. Let's play soon!?

+
# 19Valor` Jan 2 2019, 21:46 PM
QUOTE(N0NS3NSE`` @ Jan 2 2019, 22:37 PM) *

Hi! I can't believe some of the people I used to play with still play this game. <3 I'm not really gaming much anymore but I was thinking of BFME the other day and then found this topic. Let's play soon!?

Nonsense! ohmy.gif

I came back about a month ago, what's up m8? biggrin.gif

+
# 20N0NS3NSE`` Jan 2 2019, 22:04 PM
QUOTE(Valor` @ Jan 2 2019, 21:46 PM) *

Nonsense! ohmy.gif

I came back about a month ago, what's up m8? biggrin.gif

Wow, it's been a long time! Hey bro! Who of the other grandpas is still playing?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)