Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 4

Tib Dawn Remastered, new teaser trailer.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Incia Oct 25 2019, 20:22 PM
Teaser Trailer

Whoop whoop!

Personally I'm a disappoint... I thought they went with 3D graphics? Also I was hoping them to actually improve the actual game in terms of arsenal and units for each faction and balance them out, but this seems to be a 100 % Tib Dawn paint job.

Well promising beginning with the sound, music and art style I guess, but I hope they flesh it out further.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2Leikeze Oct 25 2019, 23:35 PM
That seems to be the prevailing opinion so far.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3eXs.bikefan Oct 26 2019, 22:50 PM
I'm disappointed with the terrain look. They just made a texture update. I expected C&C 3 level of terrain detail.

As for the rest we've seen so far - okay for me.

+
# 4Leikeze Oct 26 2019, 23:52 PM
Considering when this remaster will be released, I would have assumed that the level of terrain would be up to par with most of yesterday's games at least.

+
# 5eXs.bikefan Oct 27 2019, 17:11 PM
The terrain is most likely to remain as is Leikeze. I've discussed that with a guy from the Community Council. They can't just add new textures to spice it up because that would require changes to the map format, which in turn would make it impossible to play any maps that came with the game or expansion, or that have been fan-made (which in turn means all of those maps would have to be remade to make them playable again). That is about 200 maps, excluding the fan-made ones.

Also they have struggle updating the 1 texture you can see on the preview to have more details because that impacted unit visibility/readability.

"Hi DrTholl, I see several comments related to the terrain style, and can provide some context for that. The terrain is using the same system as the original games, meaning they're all little puzzle pieces stitched together. We actually had more detailed terrain in an early pass, but noticed the terrain ended up with these patterns and looked super tiled. We also found that the units weren't reading as well against the more detailed terrain. So with that data in hand, we chose the approach in the video to ensure the gameplay readability was improved, and terrain didn't end up with a patterned look. Hope this helps provide some insight."
Jimtern

+
# 6Leikeze Oct 27 2019, 17:21 PM
Alright, now I'm disappointed.

I was really hoping for this remaster to have the aesthetic of the original along with the nifty things we love about the games that have followed.

But I'll wait and see how things go, perhaps it'll be better than I expect and I'll play it a while, although, I have that 8-Bit Armies feeling now.

+
# 7Noodlesocks Oct 27 2019, 19:57 PM
Is there an example of what the game looked like with higher detailed terrain? It is unfortunate a solution could not be found.

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 8eXs.bikefan Oct 28 2019, 13:19 PM
Such an example has never been published.

+
# 9Incia Feb 1 2020, 09:12 AM
Anyone seeing the 'good' new for WC3 reforged?
This might give c&c remaster some new hope, now we can show how a remaster is supposed to look like. YAY!

+
# 10Leikeze Feb 1 2020, 14:14 PM
They've got all the time in the world to make them, so I hope they can figure out how to make them look and play the way they should for the roaring 20's.

+
# 11Incia Feb 3 2020, 21:41 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/...layer_overview/

New updates!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)