Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

[Tool] RatherWeird

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1zokker13 May 24 2017, 18:25 PM
Hi,

so, I played a bit of RA3 lately and was pretty annoyed that it would always start in Game Mode (so window changing takes years) and that ALT KEY still causes my hotkeys to not work.

So this tool is the solution; it checks out when RA3 is pushed to foreground and sends a message to "Key up" the alt key (that is needed when you tab out using ALT + TAB).
You can also start RA3 in Windowed Mode, locks your mouse to that very window and removes the borders (and repositions to the proper monitor).
It also works nicely with CNC-Online.

Features:
  • Fixed stuck hotkeys if you switch windows (sometimes keys are stuck when you switch windows like a madman)
  • Launch RA3 in Window Mode and scale it to fullscreen
  • Lock moursecursor in the window (only needed if you use window mode)
  • Numpad Enter simulation - you can now use the enter on your numpad in chats and such. smile.gif
  • Swap Healthbar logic - You can now start games with automatically enabled healthbars.
  • Disable WinKeys - You can disable the winkeys for RA3 in case you'd press them.
Screenshots:
IPB Image

Requirements:
If you want to check it out, prepare to have .Net Framework 4.5.2 installed (it will probably ask to be installed when you execute the tool).

Downloads:
You may download the tool from github.
Also: It is OpenSouce; feedback and helpful helpers welcome! Source

Virustotal for you tinfoil-suckers:
RatherWerid@0.4.0: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/c8fe4894e...248d0/detection
RatherWeird@0.3.0: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ede8351ab...d54d0/detection
RatherWeird@0.2.0: https://virustotal.com/de/file/422376dc4ba2...sis/1496499921/
RatherWeird@0.1.0: https://virustotal.com/de/file/89d424f7a48a...sis/1495650426/

Edit: It would be pretty badass if we could integrate this into CNCOnline. The last time I checked up with Phil he seemed rather busy.. So if somebody knows what's up with the Revora tech team, let me know. The tool mostly makes a bunch of winapi calls wrapped in c# so it's not big of a deal to integrate into C++.

~ zokker13

This post has been edited by zokker13: Nov 12 2017, 11:51 AM

Game: None

+
# 2Constable Chris May 24 2017, 18:33 PM
This could be a nice workaround smile.gif since a bug like that can be pretty hard to fix, at least from the MOD SDK perspective.

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3ViperMkVII May 24 2017, 18:43 PM
Woaw, nice tool!

+
# 4JonnyKnows May 24 2017, 22:15 PM
Heyy this is pretty neato!

+
# 5Das.Duelon May 24 2017, 23:05 PM
great!

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 6yzzd-pk May 24 2017, 23:57 PM
tyyy zokker

Clan: m8s

+
# 7zokker13 Jun 3 2017, 14:29 PM
RatherWeird@0.2.0 is now available.
Just download it, extract and put your old settings.xml in the folder - done.

The new version takes care of::
* Alt Up wasn't always invoked
* When you press Enter on the Numpad, the normal Enter is invoked
* The Cursor Lock now works with RA3 windows that do have the border

Hope you enjoy the tool!
~ zokker13

+
# 8Zlex Jun 12 2017, 19:40 PM
New maphacks? ohmy.gif

+
# 9Das.Duelon Jun 15 2017, 21:19 PM
how do I use this and CnC:Online at the same time? Just tried this and I cant connect to the multiplayer anymore.

+
# 10ViperMkVII Jun 15 2017, 22:12 PM
QUOTE(Das.Duelon @ Jun 15 2017, 23:19 PM) *

how do I use this and CnC:Online at the same time? Just tried this and I cant connect to the multiplayer anymore.

Use this to start RA3, then click "Red Alert 3" button inside C&C:Online Launcher, it should work. (It's better to run your C&C:Online launcher with administrator privileges)

+
# 11zokker13 Jun 16 2017, 05:41 AM
It doesn't sound like you hook RA3.
If you don't want to hook RA3, just use the C&C Launcher to start RA3 like you know and then RatherWeird.
The tool doesn't inject anything into the process and just gets notified when a Window based on a pattern (being RA3) is on the foreground.

That makes it pretty easy to integrate with anything..

+
# 12Das.Duelon Jun 21 2017, 18:01 PM
It doesn't sound like you hook RA3.

this was the problem btw. hooked it and everything works now. also this fixed my issue with getting blackscreens all the time. At the same time though: this seems to disable moving the camera by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen!

+
# 13zokker13 Jun 27 2017, 18:01 PM
This shouldn't happen.
What is your resolution?
It's still possible that the border around a window screws up and I have to add a bigger padding for differen resolutions.

What border are we talking about or is it on all borders?

+
# 14Das.Duelon Jun 28 2017, 14:44 PM
1920x1080

dont really know what ur talking about. Every box is checked. Hope that answers what u were asking.

+
# 15zokker13 Jun 30 2017, 11:28 AM
Mh.. okay, we have the same resolution which makes it bad.
Can you tell me which edge of the screen you mean?

Just all edges or maybe the top edge?

P.S. Sometimes the cursor catching doesn't work for some creason so you have to tab out and in to activate it again.
Could you try that as well?

+
# 16zokker13 Nov 8 2017, 20:31 PM
Would you people considerate it cheating if I enabled my healthbars upon start? Basically the same functionality SC2 has which I always have enabled.

Also I'd totally allow to remap some shortcuts to make [META_KEYS] + [F1-F12] usable (since they are kind of disabled).
Anything which goes against this?

+
# 17txc2004 Nov 8 2017, 21:29 PM
Would you people considerate it cheating if I enabled my healthcare upon start? Basically the same functionality SC2 has which I always have enabled.

I think is not big deal,
personal opinion no have problem if you make this or not...

Also I'd totally allow to remap some shortcuts to make [META_KEYS] + [F1-F12] usable (since they are kind of disabled).
Anything which goes against this?

Now that is interesting!

And i use software to remap the keys, it is something who already new keyboards and mouses has this ability, the G Keys...

My keyboard and mouse is very simple for that abilities and thats why i use software and personally i cant play if the keys, is not where exactly i want...

So, ok by me...
And im interesting and for other opinions...
Maybe is good to open poll for this...

+
# 18zokker13 Nov 9 2017, 21:04 PM
QUOTE(txc2004 @ Nov 8 2017, 22:29 PM) *

I think is not big deal,
personal opinion no have problem if you make this or not...

Basically done already.
I found the address at RA3_1.12.game+8DB724 which is a mere flag (1 or 0) on AL to enable or disable it.
I actually hoped there would be different states like in SC2 to only show damaged things but nope. sad.gif

Actually, I just need to modify an instruction at 0052EB93 from 117 (JNE) to 116 (JE) which negates the default behavior and always starts with healthbars on but can be disabled if desired.

QUOTE(txc2004 @ Nov 8 2017, 22:29 PM) *

Now that is interesting!

And i use software to remap the keys, it is something who already new keyboards and mouses has this ability, the G Keys...

My keyboard and mouse is very simple for that abilities and thats why i use software and personally i cant play if the keys, is not where exactly i want...

So, ok by me...
And im interesting and for other opinions...
Maybe is good to open poll for this...

What software are you using or what do you mean exactly?
Do you map 2 functions on one key?

I know such tactics from I wana be the boshy to jump and shoot at the same time and wouldn't see a usecase in RA3.
Anyway, implementing that _should_ be not too hard.
..if that is what you mean of course.

+
# 19txc2004 Nov 9 2017, 22:42 PM
Basically done already.
I found the address at RA3_1.12.game+8DB724... ... ...

Ok if you find addresses the rest is easy i use CE for that... but for the other i cant help you, i use VB.NET only.

Up to auto enable health bars i think its ok, but to enable specific things etc... i thing go to cheating...

What software are you using or what do you mean exactly?
Do you map 2 functions on one key?... ... ...

Now you talk for scripting, i think combinations is not fair... combinations is good for Mortal Combat to make fatalities with one key... Hahaha!

I talk just for remap, as example i have the "F" key on "Tab" don't ask why... lol
Also i have the teams 7 8 9 0 on F1 F2 F3 F4 just for the case i needed...

I can do that and with VB.NET, but because i don't like only the first solution but the best Solution...
I see can to that more easier with AutoHotkey and i say again only i use it for remap, i like fair play strictly!

Now if someone has $200 and more to spend for keyboard & mouse can buy something like below and can do the same job...

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/gaming-keyboards
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/gaming-mice

+
# 20zokker13 Nov 10 2017, 16:12 PM
QUOTE(txc2004 @ Nov 9 2017, 23:42 PM) *

Up to auto enable health bars i think its ok, but to enable specific things etc... i thing go to cheating...

Sure thing, just wanted to see if that would be possible - for fun smile.gif

I talk just for remap, as example i have the "F" key on "Tab" don't ask why... lol

Ohhhh that's what you meant. Okay, I know you can remap keys with the registry. Sharpkeys does that and it seems to work nicely.

Now you talk for scripting, i think combinations is not fair... combinations is good for Mortal Combat to make fatalities with one key... Hahaha!

Ya, true. I don't think there are much (or any?) use cases for movement combinations in RA3 anyway.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)