Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

Tournament Format

Should the tournament be restarted as a one/two day event?
53.85% (7)
Yes
46.15% (6)
No

Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Goofing Nov 15 2021, 11:26 AM
Following the large amount of no shows, I thought I would make this poll while its still early enough to salvage things. Would be quite nice to have a Christmas tournament with all the new snowy maps haha though that's just my opinion.

This post has been edited by Goofing: Nov 15 2021, 11:31 AM

Posts: 465

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 2Bert o'Neil Nov 15 2021, 11:42 AM
I'd actually agree on this for the following reasons:
A 2-day tournament would not only give me a better tournament vibe but also would result - at least according to my understanding - in a higher activity rate week/s before the tournament, which in return could be used for practice.
The current tournament format could have been also very good, but the player base is shit (with a few exceptions) and people don't play their games. We really have to admit it to be fair.
Summarized I voted for "Yes".

Posts: 61

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 3eXs.bikefan Nov 15 2021, 11:43 AM
I vote for no. You cannot cancel sonething that has begun already and people have devoted their time to it. It would be unfair towards those who have followed the rules and played their matches on time. Besides, most of the stallers have been dqed already. Thanatos and DuneTiger are the only two left who could cause problems in the next round. The rest is serious players.

Posts: 2,920


+
# 4shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 12:52 PM
Of course it should be restarted with a better format and different rules. If there had been a game like shoktrepet vs bike and shoktrepet won then it would be different, but nearly all the games have been 6-0 bashings. In the shok vs bike example, shok would have been cheated out of money, at the moment, no-one would have been cheated out of anything.

Also the fact that Claymore has replaced Pokemom in the brackets is an absolute joke. That is something that is completely against the rules but has been done anyway, so I see no problem in just restarting the tournament with a better format.

I propose following the Tiberium Wars League 2 set up with 4 x double elimination best of 3's with a best of 3 final where the loser bracket winner has to win 2 best of 3s to win. Points scored for where you place in each of the tournaments which seeds into a final bracket for the top 8 players where each round is best of 7 apart from the final which would be best of 9.

Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 5eXs.bikefan Nov 15 2021, 13:24 PM
QUOTE(shocktapus @ Nov 15 2021, 12:52 PM) *

Also the fact that Claymore has replaced Pokemom in the brackets is an absolute joke. That is something that is completely against the rules

It is not against the rules. For it to be against the rules there has to be a rule that says you cannot switch out a staller with someone else and there is no such rule. Also, PoKeMoM has not played a single match so it's not like he won same games and granted me an advantage in the sense of beating some opponents for me. I am starting from scratch.

Your claim that this is against the rules is like me saying restarting tournament is against the rules (no rule says you can restart tournament).

Posts: 2,920


+
# 6Luvaskot Nov 15 2021, 13:40 PM
QUOTE(Bert o'Neil @ Nov 15 2021, 13:42 PM) *

I'd actually agree on this for the following reasons:
A 2-day tournament would not only give me a better tournament vibe but also would result - at least according to my understanding - in a higher activity rate week/s before the tournament, which in return could be used for practice.
The current tournament format could have been also very good, but the player base is shit (with a few exceptions) and people don't play their games. We really have to admit it to be fair.
Summarized I voted for "Yes".

Nice profile picture Bert

Posts: 1,832

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 7shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 13:41 PM
Exactly my point. No rule says you cannot restart the tournament so let's do it. If you want to invent a rule where you can join in the middle of a tournament after sign ups have closed, I see no problem inventing a rule where we restart a tournament that has been a total shitshow from the start.

Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 8eXs.bikefan Nov 15 2021, 13:45 PM
QUOTE(shocktapus @ Nov 15 2021, 13:41 PM) *

Exactly my point. No rule says you cannot restart the tournament so let's do it. If you want to invent a rule where you can join in the middle of a tournament after sign ups have closed, I see no problem inventing a rule where we restart a tournament that has been a total shitshow from the start.

You are missing the point. How can it be against the rules if there is no rule prohibiting the replacement of a staller? The prerequisite for "against" is that the thing you are against exists. Where is that rule?

Posts: 2,920


+
# 9shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 13:55 PM
There is no rule against restarting the tournament when it has been a total shitshow so far. Where is that rule?

Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 10eXs.bikefan Nov 15 2021, 13:58 PM
Why are you refusing to answer the question? You said me replacing PoKeMoM is against the rules. How is it against the rules if there is no rule that prohibits it? You respond to this question and I will to yours.

Posts: 2,920


+
# 11shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 14:07 PM
There is no rule saying that stallers can be replaced by other players after sign ups have concluded. It is inferred that when sign ups have closed, no further players can enter the tournament.

It DOES say in the rules that players can be DQ'd for disrupting the tournament (by not playing), however it says nothing about replacements. The absence of a rule allowing such an event means that for it to happen is against the rules. It is like me hosting a game and putting the resources at 20K and a 90% handicap against my opponent and saying "well, nothing in the rules says I can't do that..."


Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 12eXs.bikefan Nov 15 2021, 14:18 PM
There is no rule that says people who apply late cannot join tournament or replace stallers. In life and law everything that is not prohibited is allowed. There is reason for that: it is easier to list the things that are not allowed than those that are allowed.

As for your handicap comparison. You could do that but then the other player could object and then the referee's decision is final, as per rules. "The decision of the tournament manager on all matters concerning the conduct and outcome of the tournament is final and not open to debate."

So in the case of me replacing PoKeMoM Edvin is the one to decide whether that is in compliance with the rules. The rules state that. By signing up for tournament you accepted said rule.

Posts: 2,920


+
# 13shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 14:37 PM
You are wrong - the rule had been put in place what to do when someone does not play a game. If it was intended for replacements to be put in place, then it should have been written in the rules at that point. The fact that it was NOT put in means that putting someone as a replacement is against the rules and has compromised the integrity of the tournament and thus the tournament should be voided and restarted, this time with the aid of competent administration and a format that doesn't allow for the event to turn into an absolute farce.

Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 15shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 16:39 PM
Okay so I will be hosting my games with 90% handicap for all my opponents because it is not forbidden.

Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 16eXs.bikefan Nov 15 2021, 16:53 PM
But your opponent will object and then Edvin will have the final word on what settings you play. Your tenacious arguing and numerous calls to restart the tournament only prove what I said - you have an issue with the format on a personal level.

This post has been edited by eXs.bikefan: Nov 15 2021, 17:01 PM

Posts: 2,920


+
# 17Goofing Nov 15 2021, 17:09 PM
QUOTE(Bert o'Neil @ Nov 15 2021, 11:42 AM) *

I'd actually agree on this for the following reasons:
A 2-day tournament would not only give me a better tournament vibe but also would result - at least according to my understanding - in a higher activity rate week/s before the tournament, which in return could be used for practice.
The current tournament format could have been also very good, but the player base is shit (with a few exceptions) and people don't play their games. We really have to admit it to be fair.
Summarized I voted for "Yes".


Interesting points, also good of you to agree this is the case despite you winning your games 6-2 which is one of the closest contests so far.

Posts: 465

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 18shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 17:42 PM
No, you have contravened the rules by inserting yourself into a bracket that was already drawn. Why did you replace Pokemom instead of a different position in the bracket? Why have NONE of the other participants who have been DQ'd been replaced?

It seems that there is bias going on in this ruling and the tournament needs to be restarted so that the integrity of the competition is restored.

Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+
# 19eXs.bikefan Nov 15 2021, 17:51 PM
QUOTE(shocktapus @ Nov 15 2021, 17:42 PM) *

No, you have contravened the rules by inserting yourself into a bracket that was already drawn. Why did you replace Pokemom instead of a different position in the bracket? Why have NONE of the other participants who have been DQ'd been replaced?

It seems that there is bias going on in this ruling and the tournament needs to be restarted so that the integrity of the competition is restored.

I did not insert myself. The tournament host inserted me.

The tournament inserted me in PoKeMoM's spot because he wanted to have a strong player vs bike in semis. If you look at brackets you will see that lower half is stacked with strong players (you, onchy, shoktrepet, Lumos, Dimitri). The top half has bike, Luvaskot and possibly Futurama (no idea how good he is). It was logical to place me in top half. There was Maze. as well in top half, admittedly, but by that time he had not made a single attempt to play and it was very questionable whether he'd participate and it still is questionable.

None of the other participants who have been DQed have been replaced because there are no volunteers to replace them. If you find volunteers we can add them.

It is silly that you imply that I have some personal interest in this. You think I care about the money? I have not taken a single dollar that I have won on this site. I've donated literally everything I have ever won on this site to this exact site and on top of that I have donated my own money (not the money I had won) to this site. What other interest do you think I have in this?

This post has been edited by eXs.bikefan: Nov 15 2021, 17:58 PM

Posts: 2,920


+
# 20shocktapus Nov 15 2021, 18:07 PM
So a player who didn't even sign up gets put into an easier draw in the top half so they get a guarantee of minimum $80? Makes even more sense if you donate all your winnings to the site so that the host knows that they will at least recoup $80 from the tournament to use again or for whatever else.

Seems pretty biased to me.

Would make more sense to redraw the bracket with a better format so it is balanced from the off based on the actual players who are available to play on the day of the event.

This current situation is a disgrace.

Posts: 4,378

Game: Command and Conquer 3


+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)