Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

Tournament Ideas

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Dutcharmy Feb 11 2021, 10:24 AM
Hello everyone.

I was curious about what the TW community really wants Tournament related.

If you guys want anything or have some good idea's please post them, mabye I shall organise 1 one them. Do you guys prefer 1/2 tourneys every month? or really big tournaments?

DutchArmy.

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2shocktapus Feb 11 2021, 10:40 AM
Better to have fewer, well done tournaments with prizes than a load of tournaments where there is nothing on the line.

Obviously it all depends on donations but a $50+ prize pool event every 2-3 months would be about right.

Having too many tournaments takes away the novelty and interest.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Erzengel Feb 11 2021, 10:47 AM
I think a tournament every 1-2 months is perfect, then with a prizepool of 15 dollar or more, of course we have to donate. If we do it to often the interest goes away sad.gif

+
# 4eXs.bikefan Feb 11 2021, 11:48 AM
"prizepool of 15 dollar or more..." For a tournament.

+
# 5Goofing Feb 11 2021, 16:08 PM
2v2s seem to be more popular these days, the game can be quite active around 7:30ish on week nights and during the afternoon on the weekends.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6eXs.bikefan Feb 11 2021, 18:18 PM
The redzone onemapper scene has been experiencing a resurgence lately.

+
# 7Dutcharmy Feb 14 2021, 10:51 AM
Thanks, I shall take this under advice.

DutchArmy

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 8A.Productions YT Mar 4 2021, 17:51 PM
I would suggest that maybe gathering noobs and hosting an event for them. Seeing as most players are good/expert and they do not want to show up because not many tournaments are paid atm.

Clan: Cant win

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 9eXs.bikefan Mar 4 2021, 18:38 PM
I admire your enthusiasm but you seem not to understand the fundamental issue. Apart from 5 redzone onemappers no one wants to play this game (or at least not on a regular basis - I know some people who would like to play it once a week for 1-2 hours). Therefore no noobs will sign up since there is no noobs who play the game in the first place (apart from the 5 redzone onemappers). No one (apart from said 5 people) will spend their time on a game that they can play for 1 hour per week and even then it's not any hour but they have to arrange matches via Discord or another instant message service. The game is so dead even the redzone onemappers are transitioning to KW one after another to play redzone there - few days ago even promaster a.k.a. DrownU-InMyPee started playing KW.

I tried to host a noob event in past but I think only 1 noob signed up so I had to make it a free-for-everyone-to-sign-up-tournament.

+
# 10A.Productions YT Mar 4 2021, 18:48 PM
QUOTE(eXs.bikefan @ Mar 4 2021, 18:38 PM) *

I admire your enthusiasm but you seem not to understand the fundamental issue. Apart from 5 redzone onemappers no one wants to play this game (or at least not on a regular basis - I know some people who would like to play it once a week for 1-2 hours). Therefore no noobs will sign up since there is no noobs who play the game in the first place (apart from the 5 redzone onemappers). No one (apart from said 5 people) will spend their time on a game that they can play for 1 hour per week and even then it's not any hour but they have to arrange matches via Discord or another instant message service. The game is so dead even the redzone onemappers are transitioning to KW one after another to play redzone there - few days ago even promaster a.k.a. DrownU-InMyPee started playing KW.

I tried to host a noob event in past but I think only 1 noob signed up so I had to make it a free-for-everyone-to-sign-up-tournament.

But you did say a similar thing for KW when I spoke about doing a tourny. And then you proceeded to host one yourself.

However I realize the game is dead but i still love it all the same, and I want to introduce a new fun way to play the game just so that there is a good experience.

+
# 11eXs.bikefan Mar 4 2021, 19:03 PM
QUOTE(A.Productions YT @ Mar 4 2021, 18:48 PM) *

But you did say a similar thing for KW when I spoke about doing a tourny. And then you proceeded to host one yourself.

I don't recall what I said precisely (has to be that either no one would sign up or only few would sign up) and I think I was correct or at least mostly correct in the end - I hosted one six-people and one five-people tournament which is a really disappointing number.

Anyhow, as I said, I admire your enthusiasm. You know my thoughts. Do as you feel is best. I just feel you will not gather even five noobs.

+
# 12A.Productions YT Mar 4 2021, 19:05 PM
Probably not, but as I said I love the game, and I will try and host events for people as much as possible.

+
# 13eXs.bikefan Mar 4 2021, 19:08 PM
A fun idea for an event (not necessarily tournament) would be having noobs challenge a high-level-player in groups of 3 (3 noobs vs 1 high-level-player) on Rocktagon or Six Shooter Showdown. I'd volunteer as high-level-player.

I've done such games in past. It is a lot of fun.

EDIT: Replay from the archives. Enjoy.

This post has been edited by eXs.bikefan: Mar 4 2021, 19:21 PM

+
# 14A.Productions YT Mar 4 2021, 19:31 PM
That sounds like a good idea. Will think about that.

+
# 15eXs.bikefan Mar 4 2021, 19:44 PM
If we got bike-RUsh+ownz+ to play we could make it 1v5.

+
# 16eXs.bikefan Mar 6 2021, 15:05 PM
Found another one.

+
# 17A.Productions YT Mar 7 2021, 13:20 PM
I could try that tbh. Will mention that sometime.

+
# 18A.Productions YT Mar 13 2021, 01:51 AM
Good point that Edvin pointed out is what would you classify as a noob?

+
# 19TRIberiumX Mar 13 2021, 04:28 AM
QUOTE(A.Productions YT @ Mar 13 2021, 09:51 AM) *

Good point that Edvin pointed out is what would you classify as a noob?

You can set different tiers of a player skill even in the 'low' or 'noob' class with some judging criteria as such:
- Knowledge of Build Orders
- Knowledge of unit counters, depth-layered-thinking (i.e. counters of counters)
- Micro Skill & Unit positioning/planning
- Reaction Time/Response to opponent's tactics/strategies
- Scouting habit
- Infrastructure organization
(etc... - list is not exhaustive)

If they lack all of the above, of course you can immediately classify them as low tier noob.
If they have some knowledge of build orders, but don't have the habit of doing the rest in that list, you can classify them as mid tier noobs at least.
Satisfaction of more and more of the criteria should allow one to classify the player beyond the 'noob' to more of a mid player status etc...

- This is just a rough guideline, and is not necessarily a one-fits-all metric.

Game: None

+
# 20eXs.bikefan Mar 13 2021, 09:50 AM
"Noob" is someone who does not understand the importance/meaning of 5:2, whose build stalls two minutes into the game due to having no money (means they do not understand how to establish a proper economy), who does not capture tiberium spikes despite those being next to their base and the 5 remaining redzone players.

This post has been edited by eXs.bikefan: Mar 13 2021, 09:53 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)