Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Tournament Redzone with EMP Center

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Claymore92 May 3 2019, 18:26 PM
One thing that has always been bothering me ever since I've started playing Redzone 1v1 in KW is that the EMP Center on middle right side is missing. I've fixed this issue in the attached Redzone 1v1 version and retextured the map as well into a winter-themed one since redzone maps are ugly honestly speaking.

Attached Image

Attached File Tournament_Redzone.rar
Size: 237.91k
Number of downloads: 2

+
# 2Whitey May 3 2019, 19:39 PM
People don't really play redzone 1v1 in Kane's wrath all that much. Always see alot more 2v2

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3LordFlameheart May 11 2019, 12:53 PM
Only noobs play redzone, and noob among the noobs play redzone 1v1 in KW

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4Claymore92 May 12 2019, 13:58 PM
KW redzone is a good map mate. Only TW redzone is an abomination. Place 2 buildings and you've already reached enemy in TW redzone. Cool.

+
# 5LordFlameheart May 14 2019, 17:10 PM
I know TW's base crawl ruined it, but KW's no scouting one hex lame early base push 2v2 double rush cheese are even shittier.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 6Whitey May 14 2019, 17:44 PM
QUOTE(LordFlameheart @ May 14 2019, 17:10 PM) *

I know TW's base crawl ruined it, but KW's no scouting one hex lame early base push 2v2 double rush cheese are even shittier.

Make sure you always scout on redzone, and a 2v1 is easy to hold thanks to the blue tib. TW on the other hand, you can have the enemies base in yours almost immediately lmao, it's so bad. Albeit quite fun at times.

+
# 7PoKeMoM May 15 2019, 09:36 AM
QUOTE(Whitey @ May 14 2019, 17:44 PM) *

Make sure you always scout on redzone, and a 2v1 is easy to hold thanks to the blue tib. TW on the other hand, you can have the enemies base in yours almost immediately lmao, it's so bad. Albeit quite fun at times.

You got that the other way around.

2vs.1 all-ins on Redzone are nearly impossible to hold (assuming your opponents are at least semi-competent) thanks to the blue tib. Just take a look at Kveent + Lippa: they are 2 very mediocre players who can beat a team composed of a good + a mid simply because they can execute a strat I could do blindfolded; a strat most players can learn in 5 mins (BH + GDI ,x2 mcv sell, x2 air field orcas, x2 war fac flame tanks all in). That's something they wouldn't be able to do on your standard ranked 2vs.2 map.

In all honestly, Redzone is simply NOT a good competitive map in KW. Blue tib + weak harvs + short rush distances = very poor competitive map in KW. Redzone in KW played at its highest level is some grotesque mix of cheese, making blind decisions to get an advantage, and stupidly-boring strats like base pushes, MoK camp with beams + venoms, hex laming, etc.

+
# 8Claymore92 May 15 2019, 18:10 PM
You gonna add a quote from 2019 as well Pokedaddy?

+
# 9Whitey May 15 2019, 18:11 PM
QUOTE(PoKeMoM @ May 15 2019, 09:36 AM) *

You got that the other way around.

2vs.1 all-ins on Redzone are nearly impossible to hold (assuming your opponents are at least semi-competent) thanks to the blue tib. Just take a look at Kveent + Lippa: they are 2 very mediocre players who can beat a team composed of a good + a mid simply because they can execute a strat I could do blindfolded; a strat most players can learn in 5 mins (BH + GDI ,x2 mcv sell, x2 air field orcas, x2 war fac flame tanks all in). That's something they wouldn't be able to do on your standard ranked 2vs.2 map.

In all honestly, Redzone is simply NOT a good competitive map in KW. Blue tib + weak harvs + short rush distances = very poor competitive map in KW. Redzone in KW played at its highest level is some grotesque mix of cheese, making blind decisions to get an advantage, and stupidly-boring strats like base pushes, MoK camp with beams + venoms, hex laming, etc.

I played against Kveent & Lippa on KW a few weeks ago with Tipzee and we dominated them. There rushes didn't work because we had so much money to defend with. In the end they started rage all ining and throwing games.

Agreed on the second part, apart from claiming weak harvesters. I think the HP of harvesters on KW is ideal, as they can be harassed in the early game. On 1.09 TW, before the full implementation of the Luva Patch, harvesters are literally invincible. Making all early game cheese,rushes revolve around destroying the opponents base (Engineers, Flames, Shadows) over harvester harassment.

+
# 10Claymore92 May 15 2019, 19:19 PM
Harvester HP is not ideal unless you like to play slow motion games, in that case it is okay. Early game harassment in TW revolves around delaying other guy's build, whereas in later stages of the game you can switch to Harvester harassment. You simply do not understand TW well enough Whitey. It is not that you cannot harass; you do not know how to do it.

+
# 11Whitey May 15 2019, 19:33 PM
I do know how to use it, most games I probably open with something on TW. Harvester harass has rarely came into play except on Stusa.

+
# 12PoKeMoM May 16 2019, 02:36 AM
QUOTE(Whitey @ May 15 2019, 18:11 PM) *

I played against Kveent & Lippa on KW a few weeks ago with Tipzee and we dominated them.

Which is why I specified team composed of a good and a mid. Namely, 5pace & torlek, or, Derand & Kickboxer -- but NOT 5pace & Derand.

QUOTE(Whitey @ May 15 2019, 18:11 PM) *

There rushes didn't work because we had so much money to defend with.

Like I said, Kveent & Lippa's 2vs.1 all-ins on Redzone are nearly impossible to hold (or at the very least put your team significantly behind) unless your ally cooperates in your defense, thanks to the blue tib. I'm willing to bet that Kveent & Lippa could beat BikeRush & Megass the majority of the time on Redzone simply because Megass is notoriously stubborn and unthinking when cooperating with his teammate. Yet BikeRush could pretty much 2 vs. 1 Kveent & Lippa on your standard 2 vs. 2 map with just a bit of help from his ally. Blue tib, fragile harvs, and a short rush distance makes it harder to hold 2 vs. 1's, NOT easier (this is assuming both teams are similarly skilled).

Here's why: let's say you're playing a green tib 2vs.2 map and you're getting doubled. You harvested a total of 5k cash (this is just an example for simplicities sake) vs. your opponents combined 10k cash. On Redzone cash is doubled (now you have 10k vs. their 20k) thus double the units. It is far better to have 5 bikes against 10 bikes than 10 bikes against 20 bikes. 20 avatars will beat 10 avatars much more one-sidedly than 10 avatars will beat 5 avatars, even though both fights are proportionally equal.

+
# 13PoKeMoM May 16 2019, 02:38 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ May 15 2019, 18:10 PM) *

You gonna add a quote from 2019 as well Pokedaddy?

enjoy

+
# 14Claymore92 May 16 2019, 17:30 PM
QUOTE(PoKeMoM @ May 16 2019, 02:38 AM) *

enjoy

Thanks Pokedaddy. You are my hero. I wish I was a TW God like you.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: May 16 2019, 17:40 PM

+
# 15Whitey May 16 2019, 20:37 PM
QUOTE(PoKeMoM @ May 16 2019, 02:36 AM) *

Which is why I specified team composed of a good and a mid. Namely, 5pace & torlek, or, Derand & Kickboxer -- but NOT 5pace & Derand.
Like I said, Kveent & Lippa's 2vs.1 all-ins on Redzone are nearly impossible to hold (or at the very least put your team significantly behind) unless your ally cooperates in your defense, thanks to the blue tib. I'm willing to bet that Kveent & Lippa could beat BikeRush & Megass the majority of the time on Redzone simply because Megass is notoriously stubborn and unthinking when cooperating with his teammate. Yet BikeRush could pretty much 2 vs. 1 Kveent & Lippa on your standard 2 vs. 2 map with just a bit of help from his ally. Blue tib, fragile harvs, and a short rush distance makes it harder to hold 2 vs. 1's, NOT easier (this is assuming both teams are similarly skilled).

Here's why: let's say you're playing a green tib 2vs.2 map and you're getting doubled. You harvested a total of 5k cash (this is just an example for simplicities sake) vs. your opponents combined 10k cash. On Redzone cash is doubled (now you have 10k vs. their 20k) thus double the units. It is far better to have 5 bikes against 10 bikes than 10 bikes against 20 bikes. 20 avatars will beat 10 avatars much more one-sidedly than 10 avatars will beat 5 avatars, even though both fights are proportionally equal.

Drop a barracks and you've just held Kveent and Lippa's 2v1.

+
# 16Thanatos May 16 2019, 21:43 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ May 17 2019, 03:30 AM) *

Thanks Pokedaddy. You are my hero. I wish I was a TW God like you.

Gay

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 17Claymore92 May 16 2019, 21:55 PM
QUOTE(Thanatos @ May 16 2019, 21:43 PM) *

Gay

Please stop projecting.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)