CNC Zero Hour

Twilight Flame *(BEST MAP)*

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1`Pink`Panther^ Aug 31 2018, 20:03 PM
Twilight Flame
*(BEST MAP)*

Attached Image

Briefing

A map crated by EA which is supposed to be the best map for 3v3 players and the most fun and action packed, in fact this map TWF is a 4v4, however in old time the pro’s used to play it as a 3v3 with Gentool then nubs came to play it with MapHack!! For that reason the Gentool players unfortunately they disliked this and therefore found this map bad for them and assume only bad players play it but this is not the truth cause the old pro’s like ExCaL, SiZe, Dip, NanCy, Scuba, XaVi, SaHaRa, Zlatan, KaRRo, HaWkY, HuMaN1ty, MoKeR, LaNa, PeAcE, and many other decent players etc..., enjoyed the map, they aren’t map hackers or cheaters, If it was not due to the map hack majority would prefer to play TWF map instead of Defcon map which is not balanced due to the fact that land space of each spawn is not same and a lot of bunkers everywhere and far too many supplies and oils which leads to less fight for supply and more bunkering.
TWF map allows for many variations of game play and is used for 1v1s 2v2s half map and 3v3s is a given obviously, the main reason for this is due to the fact that it is very balanced as each player gets 2 land location segments and 2 supplies and oils should they choose to play for oil. There is also an oil refinery in the middle which adds more conflict between opponents and adds more excitement to the game.

Strategic

Only in this map can you play with a variety of different styles and strategies and never be bored by it, I feel this is due to the large size of the map allowing for a higher degree of uncertainty as there is more area that is not visible to users.
The rules and strategies that I collected from old school players that made it are below;
(RM) Random: they created rules for 3 tiers of player’s Noobs, Pro’s or Expert’s when playing random match-ups.
• (RM Noob Rules)
- No Base Rush 10mint (BR) / No Super Weapons (SW) / No Demo Bikers (DB) / No Aurora (AU) / No Nuke MiG (NM).
- Maximum units: 3x Humvee fully load + SW (only for SWG) / 2x Bus fully load / 2x Scud or Nuke Cannon / 3x Tomahawk or Inferno Cannon.
- SW allowed only for upgrade (China Tank) and must sell later.

• (RM Pro Rules)
- No Super Weapons (SW) / No Demo Bikers (DB) / No Aurora (AU) / No Nuke MiG (NM).

• (RM No Rules)
- Everything it's allowed.

===========================================

(GW) Ground Wars: started by Ground War’s players since 2004 and they made clan wars for this kind of game and all pro’s joined and showed the best skills, and here the most frequent armies they used were (GLA Toxin or GLA Demo in the side spots) and in middle spot must be powered army such as (USA V or China Nuke or Infantry).

Ground War tips and basic play:
2v2 or 1v1 Side: GLA Toxin or GLA Demo (GW)
Power Army: China Infantry or China Nuke (GW) or USA V (GW)
Other Practices: Micro Practices

• (GW Rules)
- No Base Rush 10min (BR) / No Super Weapons (SW) / No Demo Bikers (DB) / No Air or Drop (AD).
- Maximum units: 3x Humvee fully load / 2x Bus fully load / 2x Scud or Nuke Cannon / 3x Tomahawk or Inferno Cannon.
- Rush is allowed when GLA's got power after mate surrender.

===========================================

(AG) Air Game: the most really pro’s players they come from this game mode and this kind of game they still played until today, FYI they used the highest prize in the history of ZH in this kind of game to show all skills and control of armies (micro) to use it to fight and defend to get a hard win, and armies they used in this game mode are (GLA Stealth) or (China Tank) and (GLA V) or (GLA Toxin) in the side spots and in the middle should be the monster (USA AFG).

Air Game tips and basic play:
2v2 Side: GLA Stealth or China Tank
1v1 Side: GLA V or GLA Toxin
The Boss: USA AFG
Other Practices: Micro Practices

• (AG Noob Rules)
- No Base Rush 10mint (BR) / No Super Weapons (SW) / No Demo Bikers (DB) / No Aurora (AU) / 2 Bus fully load.
- No AFG vs AFG, unless AFG got any GW army after mate surrender.
- If AFG making outside base or team base such as Dropping, Fire-base and Comanche’s you are allowed to hit AFG vs AFG
- No laser by Raptor to repel Raptor missiles.

• (AG Pro Rules)
- No Super Weapons (SW) / No Demo Bikers (DB) / No Aurora (AU) / 2 Bus fully load.
- No AFG vs AFG, unless AFG got any GW army after mate surrender.
- If AFG making outside base or team base such as Dropping, Fire-base and Comanche’s you are allowed to hit AFG vs AFG
- No laser by Raptor to repel Raptor missiles.

And currently they added a rule for limiting the money which is to avoid long and leggy games also to make games shorter and enjoy faster games.
- All USA Maximum build (5) Supply Drop Zones.
- All China Maximum (20) Hackers.
- All GLA Maximum build (5) Black Markets.

Conclusion

TWF allows for more strategies to be incorporated into your teamwork as the map is rather large and you can try outplaying your opponents by sneaky tunnels (if it’s a Gentool game obviously).
The Gentool players and the new players they don’t care about this map, even if they all are on Gentool they dislike and refuse to trust TWF players, but if you reading top and understand everything about rules and kind of game you will see the real pro’s all started from TWF map! And hopefully this brings more pro’s to TWF and more Gentool rooms on TWF and increases the number of competitions on TWF as it is where a lot of the pros started off.

Replays

Game Setup

This post has been edited by `Pink`Panther^: Jan 16 2019, 12:54 PM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Moe`MalKi Aug 31 2018, 20:14 PM

True its the best map and any kind of game is fun on it and its really balanced for both teams! CHEERS

+
# 3`Pink`Panther^ Aug 31 2018, 20:16 PM
QUOTE(Moe`MalKi @ Sep 1 2018, 00:14 AM) *

True its the best map and any kind of game is fun on it and its really balanced for both teams! CHEERS

ya true and thanks for your comment 😉

+
# 4DiCe` Aug 31 2018, 20:17 PM
Its good fun but i really do wish more GT games were done on TWF as it really does increase the uncertainty factor drastically making it more fun.

+
# 5CoM-DeviL Aug 31 2018, 20:35 PM
Well nice suggestions OP.

Would love to play TWF games Air ground with GT

+
# 6MachineNr.1 Aug 31 2018, 20:44 PM
100% True very fun, you can play it all day long + it will be more fun if we do it with gt thanks for the post (;

+
# 7Christiano Aug 31 2018, 21:04 PM
yeah it's always fun to play air games on GT on TF! wink.gif

pretty nice post, Panther!

+
# 8MOhamed Essa Aug 31 2018, 21:23 PM
what a great map to play I enjoy playing it all the time

+
# 9JarmenElectra Aug 31 2018, 23:09 PM
When it was the official EA servers there was no gentool just maphack so for a very long time maphackers were free to roam unopposed other then being entered into the hall of shame here. I do remember people had [AH] tags but not sure that did anything?

GT was only introduced with the Revora server right? You are correct though that there was a mass exodus of gt users from TF to Defcon. But there was still alot of TF games just they were potentially full of hackers, eventually the bans and reporting forced those hackers onto gameranger or they just quit for good. Thats how I remember it anyway

But yea was my favourite map for a very long time and probably still would be if there were decent games on it which there isnt, 90% of players cannot even spot correctly on it these days or have no comprehension of what an air game even is. Hell I personally even miss GW and that mass scorp spam

Man thinking about it I havent seen an air game like the HD and TF ones for ages where some AFGs were just god mode.
You spides mate?

This post has been edited by isodopeStabilty: Aug 31 2018, 23:15 PM

+
# 10scuba Aug 31 2018, 23:17 PM
HD air games were the best.

Could play without MH there and not have your whole base raped by a hacking air.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 11`Pink`Panther^ Aug 31 2018, 23:25 PM
QUOTE(isodopeStabilty @ Sep 1 2018, 03:09 AM) *

When it was the official EA servers there was no gentool just maphack so for a very long time maphackers were free to roam unopposed other then being entered into the hall of shame here. I do remember people had [AH] tags but not sure that did anything?

GT was only introduced with the Revora server right? You are correct though that there was a mass exodus of gt users from TF to Defcon. But there was still alot of TF games just they were potentially full of hackers, eventually the bans and reporting forced those hackers onto gameranger or they just quit for good. Thats how I remember it anyway

But yea was my favourite map for a very long time and probably still would be if there were decent games on it which there isnt, 90% of players cannot even spot correctly on it these days or have no comprehension of what an air game even is. Hell I personally even miss GW and that mass scorp spam

Man thinking about it I havent seen an air game like the HD and TF ones for ages where some AFGs were just god mode.
You spides mate?

Absolutely you are right, that's why I'm trying to get this game back and used as GT and make games like GW or any other style game.

And yes I'm his mate.

+
# 12HsnLeb Aug 31 2018, 23:27 PM
Great Map and so fun to play it with GT
Nice Suggestion smile.gif

+
# 13`Pink`Panther^ Aug 31 2018, 23:30 PM
QUOTE(scuba @ Sep 1 2018, 03:17 AM) *

HD air games were the best.

Could play without MH there and not have your whole base raped by a hacking air.

Nothing to comparing with TWF 😜, HD mostly they used for noob rules and much bunkering game it will take long time to finish it.

However I have mates and we can play it too as GT and get back your old time 😉, PM me when you want to play it.

+
# 14HuMaN1ty Sep 1 2018, 04:32 AM
Loved 3v3s on TF with air/stealth/gla. All about teamwork tactics and micro smile.gif

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 15scuba Sep 1 2018, 07:19 AM
QUOTE(`Pink`Panther^ @ Sep 1 2018, 00:30 AM) *

Nothing to comparing with TWF 😜, HD mostly they used for noob rules and much bunkering game it will take long time to finish it.

However I have mates and we can play it too as GT and get back your old time 😉, PM me when you want to play it.

It was more fun in the maphack days tbf.

I much preferred joining a MH full game of mates than a cheat free one

+
# 16Goldjunge Sep 1 2018, 10:01 AM
Bring People from Gameranger back to Revora and i think nice Games are possible.
Im willing to play if People come back.

+
# 17xezon Sep 1 2018, 10:05 AM
Is no one else surprised by the amount of new members posting in this topic?

+
# 18Goldjunge Sep 1 2018, 10:08 AM
QUOTE(xezon @ Sep 1 2018, 10:05 AM) *

Its something good i think

+
# 19ToxicShock Sep 1 2018, 10:49 AM
QUOTE(xezon @ Sep 1 2018, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Goldjunge @ Sep 1 2018, 10:08 AM) *

Its something good i think

Indeed. Welcome to Gamereplays!

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 20He1SenBerG Sep 1 2018, 11:06 AM
All them TW players joinin, welcome dudes. the funniest thing about some of the tw players on GR is that they change their clan to [GT] only after they join a defcon game xD

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)