Explore GameReplays...

Universe at War

UaW makes me sad

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1vOddy Jan 19 2011, 21:18 PM
This game is so good. If only it had gone with Gamespy, and if only Sega hadn't been a bunch of assholes. If only, if only...

Game: Universe at War

+
# 2zZSaRGeZz Jan 20 2011, 20:00 PM
What do you expect from something coming from Sega and GFWL ?
The game is realy realy good and everybody who loves the game doesn't play because of some imbalanced things...
I played Zero Hour since 2004 till 2008 and was a fantastic game without no support whatsoever and still as loads of people playing it online just look at cw.cc, people that are interested in UAW should play it like i do every saturday in hope on finding anyone to play a few games.

Clan: -MaD|

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3vOddy Jan 20 2011, 21:18 PM
The difference between ZH and UaW is that ZH is really imbalanced, UaW isn't. That's why I could never play ZH... I can't stand broken balance. I tried to play it, but I couldn't.

This post has been edited by vOddy: Jan 20 2011, 21:18 PM

+
# 4zZSaRGeZz Jan 21 2011, 19:14 PM
In ZH you only play 2 or 3 maps in wich they are reasonable balanced, and in UaW inst the same situation. What i was trying to say is that this game as no support whatsoever same as ZH and even still is an amazing game. Tbh i stop playing any rts with the E.A stamp on the box, look what append to the Lord of The Rings franchise, they shut down the servers because they lost they're license of the game. Im trying atm dow II wich im quite enjoying although still seams that something is missing. I just wanted this game active, with cw or something similar to it because this is an amazing game.

+
# 5vOddy Jan 22 2011, 08:19 AM
I think Generals is great, but honestly, Zero Hour was doomed to have broken balance because of the number of factions.

I still like vGens, though.

+
# 6zZSaRGeZz Jan 22 2011, 11:45 AM
The problem with ccg is that the game is slow paced in comparison to zh. In zh the game movement feels fluid and ccg not, although they are both great games.

+
# 7vOddy Jan 23 2011, 00:38 AM
QUOTE(zZSaRGeZz @ Jan 22 2011, 13:45 PM) *

The problem with ccg is that the game is slow paced in comparison to zh. In zh the game movement feels fluid and ccg not, although they are both great games.

Agreed. ZH has fun gameplay and cool strategy, but I just can't get over its imbalance. CCG would just be awesome if it had the interface upgrades of Zero Hour imo.

+
# 8zZSaRGeZz Jan 23 2011, 19:26 PM
Now on that i totally agree with you, but the problems is E.A killing C&C franchise. Or better they kill every franchise they put their hands on. For example CnC 3 is a reasonable game although KW is a shitless game because E.A want it that way. KW as a huge potential but zero support.

+
# 9R Schneider Jan 23 2011, 23:50 PM
I would really love to play a couple of rounds online, but I was very surprised to find that this rather old game completely dies on my machine, while C&C3, RA3 and SC2 work just fine, despite being much more recent. Say what you will about EA, but they did figure out how to write a game engine that doesn't waste resources (EASTL anyone?) If/when I get my hands on a stronger machine, I will disrupt your flow and break your walkers, rest assured :-)

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 10zZSaRGeZz Jan 24 2011, 19:58 PM
I really hope so, in fact i really wish this game was active online, we as a community should do something about it, i just don't know what...
Im just against E.A because of their support in wich is really bad.

+
# 11vOddy Jan 25 2011, 02:15 AM
QUOTE(zZSaRGeZz @ Jan 24 2011, 21:58 PM) *

I really hope so, in fact i really wish this game was active online, we as a community should do something about it, i just don't know what...
Im just against E.A because of their support in wich is really bad.

Are you referring to UaW or CCG?

'Cause if it's UaW, I did pretty much everything I could. I hosted tournaments (with prizes) but no one cared. Everyone is either a casual gamer, or the type who doesn't try if he knows he cant win.

+
# 12zZSaRGeZz Jan 25 2011, 11:33 AM
Im referring to UaW. Well i think we should try harder then, perhaps persuade new people to come and play and teach em how. Ill made a few a posts in the steams forum lets see how that turns out. If UaW was active like ZH i would be happy tbh.

+
# 13vOddy Jan 25 2011, 12:57 PM
The only thing that could make UaW alive would be if it was made free to download and play, but even that wouldn't be enough, because there's not even a resetting ladder. If the game was made free, and they added chat lobbies + a resetting ladder, THEN it would become alive.

This post has been edited by vOddy: Jan 25 2011, 13:11 PM

+
# 14zZSaRGeZz Jan 25 2011, 19:40 PM
But that's something we can try to arrange, ill try to email sega and petroglyph to see what they say. Not to make the game free because that i really think that they will not do but about the ladders and the chat lobbies they probably can do something about it.

+
# 15vOddy Jan 26 2011, 03:03 AM
Nope, they won't do anything about it. I've already tried. The PG community manager contacted microsoft and asked for periodic resets of the leaderboards because of me. He got a no.

This post has been edited by vOddy: Jan 26 2011, 03:04 AM

+
# 16zZSaRGeZz Jan 26 2011, 18:12 PM
Wtf ? How can that be reasonable ? Microsoft is really a shit company. Well in that case cw.cc is a good solution, what do you think about it ?

+
# 17vOddy Jan 27 2011, 07:36 AM
No point bothering, there are too few players who would care to participate. I tried to host a 200$ tournament. No one cares, because the people who do play are just casual players. They know they can't win, and are either too lazy to get better, or see no fun in trying to get as far as possible, despite not expecting to win.

The first tournament I hosted got 20 - 30 signups, something like that... After it was apparent that they stood no chance against me, most of them never played again.

To give you an idea of how casual the community is, I'll tell you a few fun facts.

-My stats are right now 1300 - 9, without cheating. Though JAGX387, a player who admits to disconnecting, says that I pointpushed and got "200 wins in a really short amount of time". If that was true, my stats would be 1100 - 9 which still shows how much everyone sucks.

-There were 3 or 4 tournaments with small cash prizes, and I won every single one. It wasn't even close.

-After having played for a week, I was better than every player in the game except one, including some "top players". After a few more weeks I was better than him, too.

-There's only ONE player in the entire world who I play even games with, and who can beat me. That player started UaW at the same time I did, so it wasn't one of the old players.

-The community still thinks the game is imbalanced, and they think stupid things are imbalanced, too. Examples of supposed imbalances that have been debunked are:

1: Mirabel rush vs Masari. They've been playing this game for years, and never figured out that you can just place a fucking mine that STUNS units under your workers. This way, when Mirabel comes to run over your architects, she gets stunned and DIES FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. PERMANENTLY.

2: Novus could supposedly just mass units and kill Masari because of superior production. Turns out they had been using shitty build orders all along. If you build correctly, you get way more money, way more units, and much more safety vs rushes.

3: Masari was supposedly unbeatable in the lategame. I once let my opponent build for like 15 minutes before attacking him at all (in a tournament). Then I attacked him and killed him in one attack. His response: "Yeah well if you use WALKERS, then Masari isn't unbeatable lategame". What the fuck? Why wouldn't you use walkers? That's like playing Novus without using patches. They are THERE in the GAME, of course you can use them!! They're at the core of Hierarchy gameplay, ffs.

4: Charos was supposedly the least useful Masari hero. Turns out he just so happends to be a huge tool in Masari vs Novus.

I'm not bragging about being good, because that's not what's going on here. It's just that they're bad. My friend who started playing at the same time as me also only has one opponent who she can lose to - me. I used to be a lot better than her for a long time, since I had more overall RTS experience and skill, but now it's more even.

Picking up this game was NOT like picking up a 2 year old game. It was like picking up a completely new game, because there was no useful knowledge to learn from. Everything the community had "discovered" was useless and false bullshit.

This post has been edited by vOddy: Jan 27 2011, 07:52 AM

+
# 18zZSaRGeZz Jan 27 2011, 17:16 PM
I guess that is better just play the casual game from time to time i believe. If no one cares and don't try to become better then what's the point of even trying. Its sad though because this game as a huge potential. Well ill go try new expansion pack for dawn of war II even tough i prefer soulstorm because you have also macro instead of only micro, but is also sad that almost no one plays it though.

+
# 19JcGNeon Jan 29 2011, 23:12 PM
I want to buy this game. It is dead like Kane's Wrath or worse? Worth the money?

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 20zZSaRGeZz Jan 30 2011, 00:44 AM
The game worth the money but its completely dead online even worse then KW, in KW you can still play a few games.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)