Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 Project main thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Egozi44 Oct 17 2015, 05:21 AM
IPB Image

IPB Image

Kane's Wrath Unofficial big bang Patch 1.04
is actually a mod that run with biber and asuka mod lancher, it started with the aim of just balance changes and bug fixes, make stuff that people rarely used to be more noticeable and useful, and add more options for team play like RA3 and BFME had,
But since a lot of people requested from me to add a few stuff that in their opinions were supposed to be in the original KW I end up adding some new stuff (but I have red line and didn't added ton of useless stuff to the mixer as the mod don't aim to add too many new units to the point the factions will be unbalance and the units will be useless)

So this "Unofficial Patch" is now big bang patch that rather from just focusing on balance and bug fixes also add new stuff in order to make the more than half decade KW feel more refreshing

I had many ideas how to add new stuff to game's gameplay, some worked and some didn't (and been removed)

This is project that is up on moddb for around year and half by now and is still in work, One of the main ideas of this project was to work with the community in order to create the mod for the community, however as I mentioned before the mod have red lines, since Gamereplay's KW community is quality one I thought about also making thread here and see people opinions about the project by:

See your suggestions and commits

See your replies in Polls I will made to have better result

This project can be changed by your commits However I can't promise that I change anything you want, most of the polls and choices were already made in the Moddb mod's page but it doesn't mean I don't have more

Please note that this mod also try to make things balances while try to add uniqueness, Uniqueness + balance in RTS is really hard to achieve but if they were added in the right way they can keep the most import ingredient in bay: the "Fun".

You can download the Patch here:

Link

Few things I would like to note though:

*The patch/mod have Music version which is the same mod but with different soundtracks I used in my close beta, I most likly won't release it to the public though since it may rise possible issues, But if some of the admins here will be kind enough to take a look on it and give me the green light I will consider post it here, right now it only available to FeaR clan members

*I will recommand use the mod with the Fixed Map Pack I made And the 4 GB ram tool I didn't, for better experince tongue.gif

*For any idea and issue you run into Please open thread in the Mod's Forum

How does it work?
Spoiler

I will make new threads in the Kane's Wrath Custom Maps forum with questions and polls for you, and you could suggest me what you prefer from x and y or your own personal opinion, the threads will be linked to the main thread (here) to make your search easier.

If you want to commit/ask about something that don't relate to the polls either do it here or PM me, you can give me suggestions and ideas any time but again I can't always promise I will use them (mostly depend if they pass the red line or if other people wont' like them)

What the patch/mod change in short?

Spoiler

*The balance for each faction in the game,

*Try to make less usable units, upgrades, and support powers more useful and rewarding so that players will want to try other things and won't stick to one tactic,

*Try to fix most of the game's bugs

*Try to encourage team work by making stuff like support powers and support abilities to work with/on allies units (include the repair drones)

*Try to make thing Fair yet unique
since some factions in the game lack something (like Black Hand who lack air field for example) that can limit their options and some times don't allow them to win at all (example that happened to me back in 2008 when KW was out, player run with Scrin drone to the water (in official map) and the BH's player that was against him couldn't follow him in order to attack his drone since he was in the water in certain position where BH's anti air units couldn't attack him and there was nothing else he could've done since BH completely lack air force), so that don't mean I will just re-add everything to all sub faction since it will ruin their play style and uniqueness, But adding for them small yet unique ways to overcome these issues in order to keep the fair gameplay was more than welcome, (example: BH now have air tower, however they can build only one and can train just venoms with no upgrades and they more expensive to not encourage BH players to use them unless they really need them,
Another example: All of GDI's faction Pitbulls now have artillery ability that unlock only after the player buy the mortal upgrade, their artillery damage and range is way less than normal artillery unit, but it at least give more uses to this upgrade and solve ZOCOM's lack of artillery)

*Try to make thing refreshing,
Since KW is almost dacade years old I thought it will be nice to improve the game by adding few new stuff rather than just balance and fix it, add some units that most people wanted to have in the game ever since it was released is one good example for that (especially if you consider that some good units were waste in C&C4 like the mastadon)

Fixed Map pack:
Spoiler

Yea the Patch/mod also have it map pack (same EA's official and pre order maps with bug fixes)
Which you can get here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-unof...icial-maps-pack

Things to note:
Spoiler

----Please note that this patch/mod don't relate in any way to the Unofficial Patch 1.03----
Unofficial Patch 1.04 just take some bugs fixes and really a few ideas from 1.03
(which I didn't simply copy paste, but rather had to find and change manually... )
If you love and used to the new balance that patch 1.01 and 1.02 added then Unofficial Patch 1.03 most likely will be more fitting for you, If you prefer balance that resemble 1.00 with the big fixes of 1.02 plus new stuff to the mixer that change the gameplay a bit and add new strategies and options then this Patch/mod may be for you

FAQ For Confused people (and this is where the confusion begin)

Spoiler

1. This mod don't work with UOP 1.03.

2. This mod will not work well with the Kane edition skins as they will cause some issue with the mod, I can add them if people will want later but since KW didn't had any real Kane edition that came with these skins I took the liberty of using some of their scripts for my own evil plans, I also didn't bothered to fix the pink juggernaut Kane skin because of it.

3. (The real confusion) This Mod don't start it's balance from version 1.02 but rather from "Kane's Wrath Classic" mod

Q. What is the Kane's Wrath Classic mod?

A. It a mod I made in moddb around year ago, it just changes the balance of patch 1.02 back to 1.00 while keeping patch 1.01 and 1.02 bug fixes and other stuff that I considered as good, you can see the change log if you wish

Q. So does it mean I will need patch 1.02 + Kane's Wrath Classic mod to run the game?

A. No... you will only need patch 1.02 and the mod launcher that included with the download (with Biber permission ofc since he the creator).

Q. So now the mod will be unbalanced thanks to the fact you use 1.00 |-( ?

A. No, Kane's Wrath Classic mod intend to move most of the game balance to how ver 1.00 was but that not what UOP 1.04 aim for, I just start from KWC mod as my "ground" and changed stuff from there, if you will spot anything that will look to you unbalance please report and I will consider change it.

Q. I still confused about the balance order... can you please explain it more simpler?

A. sure:
Normal game + Patch 1.02 installed <-----
Kane's Wrath Classic mod (Balance of 1.00) <----
UOP 1.04 <----- (Big changes to the balance from 1.00, 1.02, 1.03)

And again you don't need Kane's Wrath Classic mod nor UOP 1.03 to run that mod, just patch 1.02 (which is EALA official patch), that it

Q. I Still...

A. No, just don't, pm me instead

Q. Can I run this mod with Patch 1.02+ ? : D

A. You are free to try but I can't promise you it will work well, it most likely will be broken, you do however can use custom maps and make maps for it since I plan to add more function to the world builder objects

Q. Will the Kane's Edition Skins will work with this mod?

A. No, as I mentioned they most likely will break stuff but since I never tried it myself I don't sure, you can try if you wish, if I will see that people really want them I will consider to make this mod to work with them again

Q. My Juggernaut is pink D:

A. please read what I said above...

Q. Is the Mod/Patch Work with C&C Online?

A. Yup, you will need to use the Hooking option however, I added link for tutorial in the "How play" section,
The mod also work with other LAN based applications like GameRanger, Garena Plus, it probably also work with Hamachi and Tunngle but I never test it with them, feel free to try though

Why you re-add some units that Factions don't supposed to have? |-(

Spoiler

The thing is that KW's sub faction have "give and take" rule
The issue is that some of the "take" part can result with unbalance in regard to some stuff to the point it can be unfair, so I tried my best to keep it fair yet unique:

ST don't have heavy inf and don't have a way to def themselves from commando if they don't have wolverines or def tower nearby, that why I added the Steel troopers

Zocom don't have artillery and the upgraded planes not enough to break enemies walls if they have ton of AA,
So instead of giving them C&C4 Zone juggernaut (which is in the game as easter egg) I gave all GDI's pitbull bombardment ability that can be unlocked after the player upgrade them,
it weaker and have less range from juggernaut but solve Zocom lack of artillery

Zocom also lack firepower on ground units so instead I'l mimic the mod "One vision" I done something else,
I gave them zone rig (same rig that shoot sonic grenades),
Gave them normal shatter,
And moved Zone shatter to tier 3 (risky idea) and made it stronger yet slower with more HP so it can support mammoths on the field (I balanced it to work hopefully),
Lastly their Predators have missile launcher upgrade in tier 2 so they can have better chance in mid game

BH don't have air field and as result they can lose to running scrin's drone, so I add it back but with limits so they can build only one and the venoms don't have upgrades and are more expensive,
BH's engineer also can't call for transport and can't capture spikes that on some hills so I added it back only for their engineer for fairness sake

MOK inf was so-so and they didn't had flame tank
So I made the cyborgs un-crushable for tier 2 and they have resistance to tibirum, cyborg commando was also added to the game to replace the normal commando,
Tibirum troopers now act as mini annoying artillery and have tib infusion upgrade as well to make them faster and stronger
And instead of just adding to them tibirum tank I just make their reckoner as war reckoner which have additional slot and let inf to shoot from inside it

Scrin's engenier also don't have any transport and it make it impossible for it to reach to some hills or mountains that have tib spikes, so I gave it it's own teleport ability which have really small range and big cooldown

All of scrin's armies have weak tier 2-3 elite inf
So I done the follow:
Tweaked normal revengers and shock troopers damage before and after upgrade and made them un-crushable to tier 2 and I think that the shocks can't be crushed by tier 3 but I don't remember.. need to recheck,

The Shock trooper's teleport ability more useful now and have more range and Traveler's Shock troopers have even more range,

All revengers can shoot aircrafts since scrin don't have any AA inf aside upgraded shock troopers

The traveler's revenger is more faster now after upgrade

And Reaper17's revenger been replaced with Repear revenger which act similar to zone troopers and have 4 members in their squad, more HP, and more fire power after upgrade

Lately Repear17 lack artillery, so I took their devour tank and made it Repear devour tank which have more range and act as mini artillery. .. but the range is really small compared to specter and juggernaut

How to play

Spoiler

--(Skip to the "How to play" part if you have normal version of the game (normal version = not from Steam nor Origins, RIP versions aren't supposed to work either))--

--
--
--

There are a few methods to run mods and it also depend what version of the game you have

Normal original version supposed to work just fine unless you have it in differnt language, like for example the french version of the game,
if you do have it in different language you will need to rename the game's registry key (look at the end of the note to see how to do it)

If you have Steam version or Origins version you also in issue, look at the end of the note to see what you can do

Now for the normal version

--
--
--

How to play:

First before anything else you will need to have WrathEd Mod Launcher 1.09+ (1.10 seem to have some random bugs so I won't recommand it atm)
And make sure that you set it to be opened as administer

you will also need to make new folder in "C:\Users\username\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath and named it as "Mods"

example: C:\Users\username\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Mods <------ and put the mod you want to play in it (in the mods folder)

After that just open the WrathED Mod Launcher (as administer) and select the mod you want to run , Press on the "play" button and that it!

Have fun!

(How to play with CNC: Online
http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-unof...with-cnc-online )

(How to play in gameranger
http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-clas...a-or-gameranger )

Origins and Steam version of the game:

Steam version supposed to work fine but if you have any issues go here: http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-co...tion-launchers/
And take biber's tool that fix the reg files and change them to the original KW ones, I don't sure if it work with steam version but give it a go, it mostly fix for Origins which don't works with mods at all

You can also go here:
https://www.regfiles.net/registry/command-c...-wrath-registry
If you know how to edit registries and just replace your game's registries with the Original ones

If you have the Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection (Which is also count as Origins version)
Try GEN.ZOOL's tool here http://www.moddb.com/downloads/collectors-...c3-needed-files
Moddb may also have some random tool to fix the issue on the TW download section but I never checked

Alternatively you can also try this:

There is a way that can force the game to load the mod everytime but it is not that easy.
First, go to your Kane's Wrath folder an right-click "CNC3EP1_english_1.2.SkuDef". Click "open with" and choose Editor.

There you add this on top of the file:
add-search-path C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Maps\
add-search-path C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\WrathEd\Mod Launcher\Kane's Wrath\Mod\
add-config C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Mods\The Mod's folder You want to Run\Mod's skudef file (add ".skudef " at the very end)

Game with differnt language issue:

(in 64 bit system open Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Electronic Arts -> Electronic Arts -> Command and Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath -> UserDataLeafName)
and you will have to rename it with english language

Changelog *Last update 14.07.2016*

Kane's wrath Classic Version 1.00 changelog

Spoiler

for these who want to know what ground I start from:
http://pastebin.com/5eAY2tTd

Need your help

Spoiler

As I said before this patch is for the community so your help and suggestions are always welcome, however there are some issues I have that I can't solve alone so if any of you is good with:

*3Ds max for general use

*Know how to make 3D formation for units

*Photoshop

*Know how to add/make house color for units

*Good with xml

*Good with map making (only in case you want your map to be part of the mod)

You are always welcome to contact me, I will really appreciate any help and will add that person to the credit note

Questions that been asked so far:

UOP 1.04 Community help 1

UOP 1.04 Community help 2

UOP 1.04 Community help 3

Patch/Mod main page in MODDB:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-unofficial-patch-104

Patch/Mod Discord server:
IPB Image
https://discord.gg/NmybD6n

This post has been edited by Egozi44: Mar 10 2018, 04:41 AM

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2AggressivePanda Oct 17 2015, 11:42 AM
Interesting seems stateoftheunions signature has been finally awnsered.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ 1.04 or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

+
# 3Zypherbullet Oct 17 2015, 13:29 PM
Awwhh there will be no riots sad.gif.. But nice work man! I know the way of the modder is a hard one wink.gif.

+
# 4Egozi44 Oct 17 2015, 20:37 PM
Thanks smile.gif

I added a few more stuff to the page (the help section is import)

So if anyone read it and interest in help feel free to pm me

+
# 5Zypherbullet Oct 17 2015, 22:23 PM
You're welcome to use my campaign missions for the Scrin and adjust them to your mod as you see fit. I only have 2 now, but the 3rd is extremely close to being released! Send me a pm if you want the source files smile.gif.

As for helping out, I'm eager to learn more about xml coding. How about I offer some legwork in exchange for your knowledge? laugh.gif

Also I have 3ds max 9, but no idea how to work with it. Do you?

+
# 6Egozi44 Oct 18 2015, 00:25 AM
You're welcome to use my campaign missions for the Scrin and adjust them to your mod as you see fit. I only have 2 now, but the 3rd is extremely close to being released! Send me a pm if you want the source files smile.gif.

Thanks that sound nice!, I never touched the campaign in KW so far (I meant with the SDK, not that I didn't' played it xD) but assume it possible to add them, I need to ask a friend that work on the KW's campaign for his own mod as he probably will know how I can add them to the campaign button if I will decide to add them

As for helping out, I'm eager to learn more about xml coding. How about I offer some legwork in exchange for your knowledge?

My knowledge is pretty little myself, I sort of learned stuff and tricks by asking other modders on C&C forum (which now dead) or in CnCZ

I do know a lot more stuff compared to when I start the mod (which was more than a year ago)
But I still can't make a lot of xmls from scratch, I always need example from other xmls and files that thankfully KW's SDK have

KW SDK is a bit more easier than TW SDK when it come to xml and that helped me a lot so far

I can try to help however in whatever you will ask me to

Also I have 3ds max 9, but no idea how to work with it. Do you?

I have 7,8,9 and 10 but I don't know how to use them myself (never really tried too deeply to study it to be honest) that why I look for help in that section, someone who is partner in the mod was really good with 3Ds max and made me 3D formation for a new unit and a house color for other unit, they look as if they were part of the game and it was bloody amazing, unfortunately he disappeared a bit after due to RL I assume

EA however have good tutorial as of how to use it with their TW SDK and they tell you step by step how to use it for TW mods, Only 7 ,8 and 9 support their pulsing though, and 7 said to be the best

I think you showed in the past that you also good with PS (iirc) and that may also help here and there

I pm you something BTW : p

This post has been edited by Egozi44: Oct 18 2015, 13:28 PM

+
# 7Egozi44 Oct 18 2015, 16:42 PM
Added more stuff to the main thread

+
# 8Egozi44 Oct 30 2015, 21:52 PM
New update to the change log

+
# 9OneCabal^ Oct 31 2015, 02:04 AM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Oct 17 2015, 05:29 AM) *

Awwhh there will be no riots sad.gif.. But nice work man! I know the way of the modder is a hard one wink.gif.

But lets start a riot. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Game: Overwatch

+
# 10Egozi44 Oct 31 2015, 20:34 PM
QUOTE(Cabal^ @ Oct 31 2015, 04:04 AM) *

But lets start a riot. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You have permission to start one ; D

+
# 11Egozi44 Nov 19 2015, 08:21 AM
New day, new change log

http://pastebin.com/8hNNWZqZ

Here small sum up of what that been changed (if you want screenshot or more info feel free to ask)

*I fixed some bugs underneath (some are for new units, some are EA's bugs)

*Added a few new easter eggs (some aren't finish yet)

*Balanced the Cyborg commando

*I improved the BH's and MOK's ConYard Skins (there is a issue that you can see the old one underneath it in some maps, I left it that way because it something that can only be done though 3Ds max which I don't know how to use, Someone may teach me how to use it though so I may find a way to fix it later)

*Replaced the Steel troopers with new model, Steels are VA by D4_Scorpion/Masazumi ;D

*Mutant commando now have it's own rifle model

*Nod's Nuclear missile now have radiation (It uses Redemption's effect for now though)

*Scrin's Rift generator spawn small Ion storm when it stop attaking

*GDI Ion cannon EMP things (been there for more than a year, just point it out so no one think I left them alone)

*Steel Talon's Reclamator Hub now changed to Mastodon Landing Zone, it have different skin and can call the Mastodon wink.gif

I changed more stuff but I don't recall any little thing I done xD

This post has been edited by Egozi44: Nov 19 2015, 20:54 PM

+
# 12Egozi44 Nov 29 2015, 05:42 AM
As a reminder you can view some of the changes that were mentioned above here
http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-unof...-57-45#imagebox

KW just fill with too many bugs we didn't notice
Make me wonder why EA never bothered to fix at least big part of them...

+
# 13Egozi44 Jan 7 2016, 07:14 AM
Forum support on MODDB was added

http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-unof...patch-104/forum

+
# 14Egozi44 Jan 7 2016, 08:11 AM
New change log ^^
http://pastebin.com/VUwH9WVC

+
# 15Egozi44 Feb 17 2016, 06:47 AM
Some random trailer I made can be found here

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...p;#entry9887360

Will update the changelog eventually (too lazy atm xD)

Hopefully close beta will start somewhere this month~

+
# 16Egozi44 Mar 10 2016, 06:34 AM
Updated the changelog
http://pastebin.com/94rxb5um

Hopefully closed beta will be available soon~

Anyone out there that interested in joining aside the FeaR clan and Admins can reply here or PM me

+
# 17Egozi44 Mar 27 2016, 18:25 PM
Change log updated

Close beta been released in the FeaR's private forum

+
# 18Egozi44 Apr 29 2016, 05:05 AM
Change log was updated \(*0*)/

http://pastebin.com/8WfmVJdv

Hopefully open beta will be out soon~

+
# 19Egozi44 May 10 2016, 21:40 PM
Added the link to the fixed EA's map \(*0*)/

+
# 20Egozi44 Jun 16 2016, 01:39 AM
Mod been released for public \(*0*)/

Download link was added

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)