Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Unofficial (Hypothetical) R13 Discussion

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1The Looinrims Jul 1 2017, 16:55 PM
R12 is still in it's adolescence, but it's still good to gauge the community's thoughts about certain issues, while some players that may or may not be allowed to play think that 'The pros are the only people you should listen to', he's completely stupid for thinking that, so I wanted to make a thread where anybody can talk about R13 specifically, and who knows maybe the maker will see this and put some ideas in.
This is presuming it is a balance patch

Me personally? Note I am not a programmer/modder, I do not know how feasible some of these are, but here are a few ideas I have to potentially make the game better:

GDI global: AP Ammo damage reduction to all targets except infantry. Command Post sell offs grant a Grenadier squad (currently it is a Rifle squad). Mammoth Tank turret rotation speed buff. Global MARV hardpoint balancing (Who uses sniper nests?)

GDI: Tank Railguns upgrade reduced slightly, 15 second and $500 reduction in time upgrade/price. Shatter Tank buff or cost reduction. Grenadier damage to structures buff. Zone Trooper armor stats changed, reduction in gun and sniper vulnerability (50% and 90% respectively, like the current cultists, because the heaviest infantry in the game are weaker than naked men...totally). Commando cost reduction to 1800? (discuss)

Steel Talons: Tank Railgun change in line with GDI. Move the Adaptive Armor upgrade to the T2, and the EMP to T3 (currently you need T3 to get the upgrade, but there was no space for it in the T3 slots). Consider Adaptive Armor providing a passive armor/health boost to Mammoths and Titans. Combat Engineer firing animation shortened/removed, allowing the CE to fire immediately when in range. CE slight range buff. Provide Sniper Teams (and the Sharpshooter support power when T3 is up) to ST when the Command Post is online (again, not sure if possible).

ZOCOM: Zone Raider buff in line with the aforementioned Zone Trooper buff. Tiberium Field Suits slightly upgraded to outclass Composite Armor (unless previously changed in 102+, the only difference between CA and Tib Suits is visual and Suits provides exposure immunity). ZORCA ammo buff from 5 to 7. Zone Shatterer buff/cost in line with GDI Shatterer, slightly more expensive than the GDI shatterer. Overload beam power down time reduced, allowing the Zone Shatterer back in the fight faster. Perhaps apply the overload ability to the Zocom Sonic Emitters? (discuss that one if so) ZOCOM Commando cost reduced to 1800 in line with GDI commando

Nod global: Quad Turret fix (Nod Turrets have the endurance and lifespan of flies, and are the only faction that have AA that loses to air due to that) Specter Artillery pack up and unpack times reduced (making them faster). Fanatic base speed slightly increased, buff Tib Infusion effect to compensate. Commando speed buff (she is just wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and a laser beam pistol come on dude) and cost reduction to 1800. Global Redeemer Hardpoint balancing (rifle hardpoint? Nub). Voice of Kane aura radius increased. Various balancing to T4 support powers

Nod: Militant Rifle Squad sight radius buff (there's 9 of them dammit). Shadow team weapon fire rate buff. Raider buggy stealth detection (The subfactions have it, why not VNod?). Flame tank turret rotation speed buff. Venom un-upgraded fire rate increase, damage versus Cultists and Commandos buff. Vertigo Bomber cost reduction 1500/1600. Redo Venom Signature Generator to not be worthless.

Black Hand: Purifying flame upgrade reduced to Tiberium Core cost/time (2500, 1:15 I believe). Purifier armor buff, aura slightly increased. Particle Beam cost increased to 1500. Mantis speed increase, should be in line with GDI slingshot (IMO), BH Raider buggy damage buff to commandos and cultists (due to lack of venoms).

Marked of Kane: Awakened 'drafting' should provide 2 members, matches confessor drafting. Enlightened armor buff versus Gun damage, perhaps Sniper as well. Venom pre upgrade buffs in line with VNod. Vertigo changes in line with VNod.

Global Scrin: ALL Epic Units CANNOT be teleported by Scrin/T59 Commandos. The Hexapod CANNOT receive Corrupter/Toxin Segment healing.Cap corruptor healing to max 4 for all units,
Phased units get a 33% speed penalty, Phase field can't be used on EMP units (can you tell I think the hexapod is fucking broken?). Global Eradicator Hexapod hardpoint balancing. Shock Trooper buffs. Selling of a Nerve Center provides a Shock Trooper (Currently a buzzer). Ravager health and/or armor buff. Armor buff for Growth Accelerators/Stimulators, Global T4 Support Power balancing. Global Tripod EMP Duration reduced to 9 seconds, making lone tripods not death sentences to mechanical units. Storm Column does 75% damage to Storm Riders (currently 50% I believe). Global Mechapede balancing.

Scrin: Forcefield Generator cost reduced slightly, 3500(?). Commando speed slightly reduced (matches GDI Rifle Squad) (they shouldnt outrun buzzers). Devourer Tank range reduced slightly, in line with Steel Talon's Titan range

Reaper-17: Shard Walker slight range buff. Devourer Tanks receive Attenuated Forcefield upgrade (discuss, Reaper is a heavy armor faction). Shock Trooper health buff.

Traveler-59: Prodigy speed reduced in line with Mastermind. Advanced Articulators cost increased to 1200-1500. Cultist base speed buffed slightly, and are not affected by Advanced Articulators (They're HUMAN bodies with bugs on their heads, they shouldn't outrun....anything). Cultist Armor stats changed to reflect current Fanatic stats (25% Cannon, 25% Rocket, 75% Grenade, 200% Gun, 100% Sniper) instead of the bullshit it is (these are 102 stats, so theyre slightly different than current, but still.) 20% Cannon, 20% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 50% Gun, 90% Sniper, I DARE someone to justify these armor stats for men in tattered clothes with organic baby prodigies on their damaged skulls.

This took way too long to write and I probably missed something, DISCUSS!

This post has been edited by The Looinrims: Aug 13 2017, 00:13 AM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Whitey Jul 1 2017, 17:18 PM
Why buff what is already really powerful for Reaper?

+
# 3OverLorD666 Jul 1 2017, 18:28 PM
QUOTE(The Looinrims @ Jul 1 2017, 11:55 AM) *

Traveler-59: Prodigy speed reduced in line with Mastermind. Advanced Articulators cost increased to 1200-1500. Cultist base speed buffed slightly, and are not affected by Advanced Articulators (They're HUMAN bodies with bugs on their heads, they shouldn't outrun....anything). Cultist Armor stats changed to reflect current Fanatic stats (25% Cannon, 25% Rocket, 75% Grenade, 200% Gun, 100% Sniper) instead of the bullshit it is (these are 102 stats, so theyre slightly different than current, but still.) 20% Cannon, 20% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 50% Gun, 90% Sniper, I DARE someone to justify these armor stats for men in tattered clothes with organic baby prodigies on their damaged skulls.
This took way too long to write and I probably missed something,
DISCUSS!

Game breaking. R13 should never see the light of day.

+
# 4LordFlameheart Jul 1 2017, 20:33 PM
cgf already made a rogue "R13" for rex and salamis. He won't call it R13 since it is not under 1.02+, just mostly based on R12. It is not for GR either, but I heard it under test already and soon will replace R12 in their community totally

many of your ideas actually already came true in that patch, like the mammoth buff, Nod/GDI commando buff, scrin shield and growth accel. Other shity ideas are not

This post has been edited by LordFlameheart: Jul 1 2017, 21:33 PM

+
# 5862316674 Jul 2 2017, 07:52 AM
QUOTE(LordFlameheart @ Jul 2 2017, 04:33 AM) *

cgf already made a rogue "R13" for rex and salamis. He won't call it R13 since it is not under 1.02+, just mostly based on R12. It is not for GR either, but I heard it under test already and soon will replace R12 in their community totally

many of your ideas actually already came true in that patch, like the mammoth buff, Nod/GDI commando buff, scrin shield and growth accel. Other shity ideas are not

COME ON.You tell a joke.233

+
# 6The Looinrims Jul 2 2017, 18:44 PM
QUOTE(OverLorD666 @ Jul 1 2017, 13:28 PM) *

Game breaking. R13 should never see the light of day.

I would love to hear how reducing the armor of naked men to match suicide infantry is 'gamebreaking' when said naked men can capture the heaviest ground units in the game (minus epics and Commandos), the removal of AA for them may be too harsh but the cultist speed with AA is too fast, they can outrun buzzers, that's not okay, and anyone who thinks it is doesn't know game balance.
Also I'm not making R13 these are just suggestions

+
# 7osiris128 Jul 3 2017, 20:23 PM
Plus short freezing of the units after teleported through wormhole, meaning masterminds can't capture buildings instantly after coming out of the wormhole: wormhole open -> mastermind appears mcv captured -> mastermind gone, or worse, wormhole -> mastermind ->capture 1 building -> deploy MS + fire -> game over. Not everyone has group of anti infantry in their base all the time.

+
# 8Masazumi Jul 3 2017, 23:12 PM
If anybody is able to let a tripod near your epic unit, it deserves to die; scrin can't shit out EMP grenadiers or EMP Buggies either, tripods are just fine. Also, always send support with. Also, Nod and GDI are already stupidly overpowered vs Scrin, I think Scrin units like Seeker need an armor fix vs Gun damage (to match with 1.09 TibWars seeker) and Ravagers need a major armor+health boost.

This post has been edited by Masazumi: Jul 3 2017, 23:15 PM

Clan: FeaR

+
# 9osiris128 Jul 4 2017, 06:55 AM
QUOTE(Masazumi @ Jul 4 2017, 01:12 AM) *

If anybody is able to let a tripod near your epic unit, it deserves to die; scrin can't shit out EMP grenadiers or EMP Buggies either, tripods are just fine. Also, always send support with. Also, Nod and GDI are already stupidly overpowered vs Scrin, I think Scrin units like Seeker need an armor fix vs Gun damage (to match with 1.09 TibWars seeker) and Ravagers need a major armor+health boost.

Seekers have to be weaker than other factions tier 1 tanks, because they have other abilities like detecting stealth and shooting air. There must be a trade off for that.

+
# 10Ekko^ Jul 4 2017, 10:00 AM
QUOTE(osiris128 @ Jul 4 2017, 06:55 AM) *

Seekers have to be weaker than other factions tier 1 tanks, because they have other abilities like detecting stealth and shooting air. There must be a trade off for that.

^^ seekers are like a combination of a pitbull and a pred, a scorp and a bike/buggy

+
# 11LordFlameheart Jul 4 2017, 15:06 PM
seeker is a tank when vs bike buggy pit, but it is a scout vs real tanks

+
# 12XXcyberstormXX Jul 5 2017, 03:49 AM
I think moving Adaptive Armor to a T2 would be good for Steel Talons. It sucks having to get a Tech Center to purchase Adaptive because Rail Guns is going to be the first thing on a players mind when a Tech Center is dropped, making Adaptive come into the game way late. Would be nice to upgrade Adaptive sooner.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 13Phoenix` Jul 5 2017, 04:08 AM
Something ive always found to be a bit op was t59's wormhole cooldown its way to fast imo.

Game: Overwatch

+
# 14Whitey Jul 5 2017, 09:02 AM
QUOTE(XXcyberstormXX @ Jul 5 2017, 03:49 AM) *

I think moving Adaptive Armor to a T2 would be good for Steel Talons. It sucks having to get a Tech Center to purchase Adaptive because Rail Guns is going to be the first thing on a players mind when a Tech Center is dropped, making Adaptive come into the game way late. Would be nice to upgrade Adaptive sooner.

I think there would be to many OP titan builds lol, imagine getting a titan into the enemy base or base crawling and wipping out that so early

+
# 15nextonline Jul 5 2017, 13:15 PM
It's somewhat comparable to early dev tank rush. I doubt it would be OP.

+
# 16Whitey Jul 5 2017, 13:26 PM
QUOTE(nextonline @ Jul 5 2017, 13:15 PM) *

It's somewhat comparable to early dev tank rush. I doubt it would be OP.

It isn't because the dev tank is weak without a corrupter.

A titan + shields + it's relatively powerful, get it instead of ap ammo at the start..

+
# 17nextonline Jul 5 2017, 17:20 PM
QUOTE(Whitey @ Jul 5 2017, 09:26 AM) *

It isn't because the dev tank is weak without a corrupter.

A titan + shields + it's relatively powerful, get it instead of ap ammo at the start..

And Titan is not as good when it's not hiding behind buildings, plus you'd have to get the upgrade. The point I was making was that the effectiveness of the push itself would be comparable. In the end something like this could only be validated by time.

+
# 18Technique Jul 7 2017, 16:15 PM
edit:
Actually nvm.

I do agree with OP about gdi/scrin t2 sell getting a grenadeer/shocktrooper though.
Not sure why that never made its way into 1.02+.

This post has been edited by Technique: Jul 7 2017, 17:57 PM

+
# 19The Looinrims Jul 7 2017, 19:53 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix` @ Jul 4 2017, 23:08 PM) *

Something ive always found to be a bit op was t59's wormhole cooldown its way to fast imo.

Well the whole thing with traveler is speed and flanks, but balance wise it does make sense, I do like the idea mentioned above about freezing units slightly after using a wormhole, which could fix the problem entirety.

+
# 20Ekko^ Jul 11 2017, 18:17 PM
buff guardian cannon laser turrets plz

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)