Explore GameReplays...

Age of Empires 4

Who will buy the game?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Leikeze Jul 31 2019, 16:15 PM
Obviously not before seeing it, but if it's good looking I may try it out, although, I'm still skeptical about any new RTS game, as they seem to have died a decade ago.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: Age of Empires 4

+
# 2Johann Tilly Aug 6 2019, 22:31 PM
My guesses are that Relic will create an Empire Earth-like AoE (with all the three ages ancient age, medieval age and early modern age from the three previous aoe games) OR an Modern Military AoE(like CoH).

If they do it good it will be a worth successor.

I am curious about the Graphic Engine they plan to use. Will it be Unreal or Unity, or an engine from Microsoft or a improved Bang! Engine from AoE III or the Relic made/owned/inhouse "Essence Engine" used in CoH?

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: Aug 13 2019, 10:35 AM

Clan: KoA|KnightsofArnor

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3Leikeze Aug 6 2019, 23:37 PM
I wouldn't mind a change of Engine, making things smooth as silk and beautiful, but in my opinion, the remastered games already look good enough.

So they should focus on retaining the actual allure of Age of Empires games, which is playability. All groups, from beginners to experts should be able to enjoy the game, as with every older title.

If they add endless powers and upgrades to each unit like so many game developers these days feel is the way to go, I won't touch it.

+
# 4Johann Tilly Aug 7 2019, 09:48 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Aug 6 2019, 23:37 PM) *

So they should focus on retaining the actual allure of Age of Empires games, which is playability. All groups, from beginners to experts should be able to enjoy the game, as with every older title.

Sure that is it.

+
# 5Johann Tilly Aug 13 2019, 10:41 AM
By the Way: I find it funny that there is already an Age of Empires 4 Section and you already posted here. Gr.Org is wanting to prepare faster for the future, I see so they precautionary created the site for the future upcoming "big" RTS already^^. Are you that excited/enthusiastic about Age 4. laugh.gif biggrin.gif Because as I know and see the game will not come out in 2019 and I am sceptical about 2020. 2021 will be the release date I guess.

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: Aug 13 2019, 12:08 PM

+
# 6Leikeze Aug 13 2019, 11:46 AM
There's no reason to withhold a section for a game that is for sure going to be released, eventually.

+
# 7Johann Tilly Aug 13 2019, 12:05 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Aug 13 2019, 11:46 AM) *

There's no reason to withhold a section for a game that is for sure going to be released, eventually.

logo_smilie2.gif thumb.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)