Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Why carville is so popular

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Warprism Mar 1 2019, 00:14 AM
Im trying hard to play other team games : 2v2 or magma or burnt out paradise.

But lately i only see carville map hosted. I tried a couple of times playing it and i dont understand how players have fun in this map : mostely 2 team gang you up (4v2) or it lag hard or worse.
Some members even upload their carville replays here but it's the less popular (very few download and always not a single wub). It proves how useless and uninteresting to spend time on carvillle...

Back in the days (2009), i could play a lot of magma games in 3v3 and i dont even recall players hosting this unbalanced and retarded map.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Andrey_96 Mar 1 2019, 04:38 AM
Because ra3 is dead,we cant get a 3v3 game even mid+players as 3-4 years ago.In game active only noobs and noobs like 2v2v2 only. wink.gif

+
# 3Papa_Coming Mar 1 2019, 12:14 PM
QUOTE(Warprism @ Mar 1 2019, 00:14 AM) *

Im trying hard to play other team games : 2v2 or magma or burnt out paradise.

But lately i only see carville map hosted. I tried a couple of times playing it and i dont understand how players have fun in this map : mostely 2 team gang you up (4v2) or it lag hard or worse.
Some members even upload their carville replays here but it's the less popular (very few download and always not a single wub). It proves how useless and uninteresting to spend time on carvillle...

Back in the days (2009), i could play a lot of magma games in 3v3 and i dont even recall players hosting this unbalanced and retarded map.

I was never saying ra3 was dead, because i could always play 1v1 with decent players, even had alternatives.but i was gone for about 1 month and when i returmed not single player left. Not even alvin

+
# 4{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Mar 1 2019, 18:42 PM
May be most are playing at that hao fang server, i my self however love carville but when i come online i cant find any games so i play cnc rivals on my emulator sad.gif

Clan: DiVerSiTy

+
# 5Sheriff AA Mar 1 2019, 20:46 PM
The answer is simple: Carville games are the only matches where players of all different levels can play. It takes absolutely no skill and any team has a chance of winning based on pure luck. Thatís why it appeals.

Thatís what you get in a game full of low-skillers and ladder dodgers (like berat) without an automatch system in place to solve this problem.

Clan: m8s

+
# 6Claymore92 Mar 6 2019, 23:17 PM
QUOTE(Sheriff AA @ Mar 1 2019, 20:46 PM) *

The answer is simple: Carville games are the only matches where players of all different levels can play. It takes absolutely no skill and any team has a chance of winning based on pure luck. That’s why it appeals.

That’s what you get in a game full of low-skillers and ladder dodgers (like berat) without an automatch system in place to solve this problem.

Tried RA3 yesterday for the first time. Noticed that map being the only one hosted in lobby; multiple Carville rooms open. Did not know that RA3 has its own Redzone Rampage (players familiar with C&C 3 TW/KW will know what I mean).

+
# 7Warprism Mar 9 2019, 07:39 AM
Yea too many brainless kids love this very retarded map sleep.gif
You can't have a good game with this map.

How about removing this map completely in the next update ?

This post has been edited by Warprism: Mar 9 2019, 08:37 AM

+
# 8Dimon0000000 Mar 9 2019, 10:02 AM
QUOTE(Warprism @ Mar 9 2019, 17:39 PM) *

Yea too many brainless kids love this very retarded map sleep.gif
You can't have a good game with this map.

How about removing this map completely in the next update ?

Me and a lot of good players(YuiYui for example) like this map. I had a lot of ggs there(i remember 2+ hours games even). This is most funny ffa map in game and popularity of map prove it.
But im sure, EA will add new maps in mappool, when make next patch for ra3 smile.gif

+
# 9{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Mar 9 2019, 14:21 PM
QUOTE(Dimon0000000 @ Mar 9 2019, 10:02 AM) *

Me and a lot of good players(YuiYui for example) like this map. I had a lot of ggs there(i remember 2+ hours games even). This is most funny ffa map in game and popularity of map prove it.
But im sure, EA will add new maps in mappool, when make next patch for ra3 smile.gif

No new patch, no official server support (Replacement to gamespy server), no ladder (Automatch) support, coming to older titles like Ra3, Kw, Generals zero hour, this is confirmed for now no news on this what so ever. The main source of news is r/commandandconquer subreddit and no talks even no mentioning of these said things there; alot of people are asking for these features but sadly no news regarding this nothing.

+
# 10Sheriff AA Mar 9 2019, 16:29 PM
QUOTE({DO}-LiquidOCELOT @ Mar 9 2019, 10:21 AM) *

No new patch, no official server support (Replacement to gamespy server), no ladder (Automatch) support, coming to older titles like Ra3, Kw, Generals zero hour, this is confirmed for now no news on this what so ever. The main source of news is r/commandandconquer subreddit and no talks even no mentioning of these said things there; alot of people are asking for these features but sadly no news regarding this nothing.

Nice to see you still lack the ability to understand sarcasm.

+
# 11Dimon0000000 Mar 10 2019, 01:36 AM
QUOTE({DO}-LiquidOCELOT @ Mar 10 2019, 00:21 AM) *

Ohh... thats really sad. Are you sure? I cant believe, after new 1.12 patch they gonna stop... thank you for info anyway!

+
# 12c9q9md Mar 11 2019, 20:51 PM
omg since when they stopped updating red alert 3? sad.gif

Game: None

+
# 13{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Mar 11 2019, 21:02 PM
QUOTE(Sheriff AA @ Mar 9 2019, 16:29 PM) *

Nice to see you still lack the ability to understand sarcasm.

my response was not to run him over but instead i was guiding him of the situation; as many people expect since the news spread out regarding command and conquer remastered that there might be hope for the updates to servers, official patch support and general support to red alert 3; sorry if you got the vibe that i was trying have a jab at him or some thing; am sorry to dimon if he felt i said some thing offensive sad.gif

+
# 14Sheriff AA Mar 12 2019, 14:09 PM
QUOTE({DO}-LiquidOCELOT @ Mar 11 2019, 17:02 PM) *

my response was not to run him over but instead i was guiding him of the situation; as many people expect since the news spread out regarding command and conquer remastered that there might be hope for the updates to servers, official patch support and general support to red alert 3; sorry if you got the vibe that i was trying have a jab at him or some thing; am sorry to dimon if he felt i said some thing offensive sad.gif

thank you for clarification on no patches what a sad state this is for the game and all the players who play it OMG why ea abandon it after all these years i think we should throw jabs at ea more than anybody else but anyways thanks for clarification and guiding us liquid ocelot cheers

+
# 15Andrey_96 Mar 12 2019, 15:44 PM
i support antidarvin

+
# 16Warprism Mar 16 2019, 20:06 PM
This topic should be close or move to mess hall. Too many off topic...

Edit : The only thing good with this map is we find nice and fair players in 2v2v2 smile.gif

This post has been edited by Warprism: Mar 16 2019, 23:16 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)