Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Why don't more challenges have this format

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MrCallMeSam Aug 1 2021, 17:49 PM
A bo9 or a bo11 is fun, but wouldnt it be more fun if you had challenges that could go on for way longer, like lets say a bo11 but then the winner must be 2 games ahead at the end so its could end in like 39-37, english is not my main language so idk if you guys know what i mean with this haha but i think it would be cool

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2-NickName Aug 1 2021, 18:06 PM
Yes, think there was a discussion about this earlier and I kinda agree.

In tennis, you can't win with 1 point difference, volleybal has that too (or had). Can be wrong tho.

But with random reverse, bo7 with 2 even players can go 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 and finally a final mirror as decider. You screw up a tt, or a drop or anything and you lose the set. If the first 3 matches were: afg - swg, nuke - inf and china-tox, 1 little screw up can cost you the set.

Perhaps use 3 deciders instead of 1 so you can make a comeback if you throw 1 game (3 mirrors, a gla one, china one, usa one). Some players are better at certain mirrors, so with more and different mirrors, you take away a (dis)advantage for either player.

Can also be a 2 point difference, but in that case I would go with MUs as with RR you might get imba MUs and that will delay the game for way too much.

+
# 3Fargo Aug 1 2021, 19:59 PM
QUOTE(MrCallMeSam @ Aug 1 2021, 18:49 PM) *

A bo9 or a bo11 is fun, but wouldnt it be more fun if you had challenges that could go on for way longer, like lets say a bo11 but then the winner must be 2 games ahead at the end so its could end in like 39-37, english is not my main language so idk if you guys know what i mean with this haha but i think it would be cool

said this a while ago, especially for big tourneys biggrin.gif

Clan: -HuGe|

+
# 4GOLDFISH123 Aug 1 2021, 20:51 PM
Would be fun to see but not everyone has that much time to just keep playing so then you might have a problem.
Play the last game at an other date or just get your self the final matchup. Or do you lose cause you are the one with no time.

+
# 5MTKing Aug 2 2021, 09:33 AM
That would be too much, bo11 is a lot already

+
# 6HaWkY^ Aug 2 2021, 18:37 PM
Because people donít spend their lives around ZH and canít play a 7 hour set.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 7FireLorD` Aug 2 2021, 19:29 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ Aug 2 2021, 12:37 PM) *

Because people donít spend their lives around ZH and canít play a 7 hour set.

+1

+
# 8Dense Aug 2 2021, 22:29 PM
I get the thought behind this idea, but with random reverse and/or matchups it could be a daunting amount of time before a set finishes. So unfortunately it can't be used, unless in a very specific (short) format maybe

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)