84.62% (44)
YouTube
15.38% (8)
Twitch

Total Votes: 52
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1likemypineapple Aug 13 2020, 22:53 PM
I've seen a few streamers try to move to twitch.

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 2Leikeze Aug 13 2020, 22:54 PM
I guess there's less of a big brother over there, but for the viewer, YouTube is obviously superior.

There is nothing fun about trying to watch a stream only to have it stop to buffer for people with 100+ upload/download speeds.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3fastAiR Aug 13 2020, 23:06 PM
twitch is garbage, only reason to go to twitch is breasts.

+
# 4CirezD Aug 13 2020, 23:07 PM
QUOTE(fastAiR @ Aug 14 2020, 00:06 AM) *

Link? For research purposes.

Twitch obviously, cause it's funny to see our dear third world citizens complaining.

Btw lol @ making polls. A majority does not lead to the best result.

+
# 5Leikeze Aug 13 2020, 23:08 PM
QUOTE(fastAiR @ Aug 13 2020, 18:06 PM) *

Mr. Millard is not a transsexual nor has he undergone sexual reassignment surgery to fit your desired image.

+
# 6fastAiR Aug 13 2020, 23:17 PM
QUOTE(CirezD @ Aug 13 2020, 23:07 PM) *

Twitch obviously, cause it's funny to see our dear third world citizens complaining.

Well I dont really go on twitch, and she doesnt reveal much, but I like https://www.twitch.tv/amouranth

QUOTE(Leikeze @ Aug 13 2020, 23:08 PM) *

Mr. Millard is not a transsexual nor has he undergone sexual reassignment surgery to fit your desired image.

Agreed Millard needs a boob job

+
# 7Dense Aug 13 2020, 23:52 PM
QUOTE(CirezD @ Aug 13 2020, 23:07 PM) *

You are a big fan of democracy I see biggrin.gif

Can't blame you seeing some of the worlds leaders in these times

QUOTE(fastAiR @ Aug 13 2020, 23:17 PM) *

Well I dont really go on twitch, and she doesnt reveal much, but I like https://www.twitch.tv/amouranth
Agreed Millard needs a boob job

So this is just watching a hot girl do whatever, well sh*t what has the world come to, just the same as these trash "reality shows" ....she is hot though... can't deny laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Dense: Aug 13 2020, 23:56 PM

+
# 8MrX Aug 14 2020, 03:56 AM
YouTube by a mile.

+
# 9Spell Aug 14 2020, 08:24 AM
Twitch, because everyone here is saying youtube and I'd like to be different.

Clan: electronic yakuza

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 10fastAiR Aug 14 2020, 08:54 AM
QUOTE(Dense @ Aug 13 2020, 23:52 PM) *

You are a big fan of democracy I see biggrin.gif

Can't blame you seeing some of the worlds leaders in these times
So this is just watching a hot girl do whatever, well sh*t what has the world come to, just the same as these trash "reality shows" ....she is hot though... can't deny laugh.gif

Lol I donít watch I just check what she is doing if I happen to be on twitch. And yea I donít get it, they just sit there all day doing nothing really. Play some games, eat some food, stroke some dogs and maybe draw a picture. Then they finish the night off with some terrible ASMR biggrin.gif

I think half these audiences or more are just like obsessed and in love with them, like in their head itís their girlfriend or something they are watching. It is strange

+
# 11-NickName Aug 14 2020, 10:34 AM
Youtube, because I always disagree with Spell.

+
# 12Mp3 Aug 14 2020, 20:00 PM
QUOTE(MrX @ Aug 13 2020, 22:56 PM) *
YouTube by a mile.

Clan: WbG

+
# 13-SeX`iie Aug 15 2020, 13:36 PM
Youtube ofc

+
# 14trve^viking Aug 15 2020, 14:26 PM
twitch,the chat and options for emotes,bots and so on are much better,its also easier to spot if someone is streaming.

Edit:interesting and unexpected numbers at the vote,guess the big reason are the quality options?

This post has been edited by trve^viking: Aug 15 2020, 14:36 PM

Clan: iWuB

Game: Graphics

+
# 15Leikeze Aug 15 2020, 14:42 PM
QUOTE(trve^viking @ Aug 15 2020, 09:26 AM) *

twitch,the chat and options for emotes,bots and so on are much better,its also easier to spot if someone is streaming.

Edit:interesting and unexpected numbers at the vote,guess the big reason are the quality options?

It's better to be able to view the content of the stream than it is to comment and emote to the chat.

+
# 16Hepsi^ Aug 15 2020, 14:44 PM
I don't see any difference tbh. delivers same function.

Looking at it from another prospective, our streamers should use both platforms and we should support by following them on both. Having two streamlines of income is better, even if it is minimal. so, imo we better support them biggrin.gif.

This post has been edited by Hepsi^: Aug 15 2020, 14:54 PM

+
# 17trve^viking Aug 15 2020, 15:48 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Aug 15 2020, 15:42 PM) *

It's better to be able to view the content of the stream than it is to comment and emote to the chat.

depends on the content,in half of the tourney zh streams i watch on youtube i close the chat anyway cause there is always some idiot that looks up the result on gentool and thinks its a good idea to write it in chat tongue.gif

but if you want to build up a community,chat with people,give yout channel a unique look etc twitch is the place to be imo.
i watched and followed a few streams on twitch the last years and doubt i wouldve spend as much time there if they would stream on youtube,its a whole different feeling.

to be fair iam sure i dont know every youtube option,for example i just found out that there is a betterttv like app for youtube and that nightbot works there as well and i guess there will be also something that makes the chat as readable for me as it is on twitch,with name colors etc. but there is no reason to put work in that when there is the real twitch. biggrin.gif

kinda hope youtube steps forward in streaming and makes it more accessible tho,to hava a streaming site monopoly isnt good, just as it is for youtube to be the only big video share platform.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Graphics

+
# 18Squaggle Aug 15 2020, 18:27 PM
The thing about YouTube and Twitch for me is that I see them as 2 completely different genres of media. I use both. If I want to go and watch something live I will go to Twitch, I enjoy the interaction with the streamer and it's a better place to build a community and be a part of it. Being able to rewind in real time is a feature that is great when you need it but is bad for the live viewing experience as you're not all watching truly live as it's happening on YouTube.

I think YouTube is honestly better for event streams, you can rewind and watch the action unfold as you want to. Say you have to go and make dinner, you can pause and then continue watching when you get back. Daily streams are better suited to Twitch if you're looking to build a robust community though. Hosting and raiding other streams when you are done and building a network with other streamers where you host back and forth to build communities is something that doesn't appear to happen a lot if at all on YouTube.

In all, both have upsides and downsides.

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: None

+
# 19`Legionnaire Aug 15 2020, 18:49 PM
QUOTE(Squaggle @ Aug 15 2020, 19:27 PM) *
I think YouTube is honestly better for event streams, you can rewind and watch the action unfold as you want to. Say you have to go and make dinner, you can pause and then continue watching when you get back.

You can also do this on Twitch.

So far I've seen a lot of confusion about some of Twitch's features. Here are some quick points:

Twitch offers:
- Quality options from 160p to 1080p when 'the Twitch servers can handle it' ... so it depends on the number of active livestreams happening on Twitch. Stream at somewhat unpopular times, and you'll basically always have it.
- You can rewind and watch back the active livestream whenever you want: Just click the streamer's name, then go to Videos, and click the stream you were watching.
- If you have very good Internet but the stream is still buffering, click the Gear ⚙ icon, go to Advanced, and disable Low Latency. This will fix it for 90% of the people, if not everyone.

Btw I'm not stopping YouTube Livestreaming. I just had a look at Twitch, that's all. I would have liked to see people being a bit more open to other streaming platforms... sad.gif

+
# 20-NickName Aug 15 2020, 18:59 PM
QUOTE(`Legionnaire @ Aug 15 2020, 18:49 PM) *

I would have liked to see people being a bit more open to other streaming platforms... sad.gif

What did you expect from a community that still plays a game that is 15 years old, we don't like changes tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)